Best April Fool's Day Pranks?

Reframmellator

Albatross 2024 Club
Reaction score
Handicap
For me, it's Easter Sunday first, than April Fool's Day second. There have been some really well done tricks over the years, particularly in Europe. What are your favorites?

I think this one may be the best ever, especially when you consider it was done in the 1950s:

BMW has done some fabulous "fake engineering" for April 1, and this one may be their best effort. Customers supposedly walked into dealers and asked for them:

BMW INTRODUCES ITS NEWEST INNOVATION: ROAD WARMERS

Having spent the last twenty years perfecting the sports sedan, BMW has now taken up the ultimate challenge — perfecting the road. Road Warmers are the result of twenty years of German engineering. And represent perhaps the single most important contribution to the automotive industry in the past decade.

Road Warmers employ laser technology to ensure constant road conditions. The way in which they operate is simple. Underneath the car, four pivoting convex lasers are mounted in front of each wheel. The lasers are aimed at the pavement directly in front of the tread stance. They work in tandem with five-speed turbo fans. So not only do they manage to melt snow and ice, they also dry the road of excess moisture. And virtually eliminate the need to clear your driveway during winter. Inside the car, the driver is continually apprised of the climatic conditions through BMW's onboard computer and Active Check Control. This enables the driver to set the road to a temperature that best suits their level of performance. The result is a road that never changes. Four seasons become one. And performace is assured like never before. Eventually Road Warmers will be standard on all new BMW's. But as part of a special offer, your dealer will install them on your present car free of charge.

But you should hurry. Our offer is only available April 1st, so you would be a fool to miss this one.

For me, it's Easter Sunday first, than April Fool's Day second. There have been some really well done tricks over the years, particularly in Europe. What are your favorites?

I think this one may be the best ever, especially when you consider it was done in the 1950s:

BMW has done some fabulous "fake engineering" for April 1, and this one may be their best effort. Customers supposedly walked into dealers and asked for them:

Pretty good stuff.

Wife telling her parents she was pregnant today

Mother Nature snowing on us today.

One of my favorite all-time is when ThinkGeek (before they got bought out) advertised for "the OTHER other white meat" and had a Spam-can marked "Unicorn Meat." Serious description, with a price, and even an "add to cart" that redirected, obviously. The best was that, a few weeks later, they got a "cease and desist" letter from the National Pork Council to stop using the "other white meat" trademark on the product for sale.

Traditionally I do something to my older brothers, whether a gltter bomb or something sillier. This year, I've been hinting since January of their impending April 1 doom. And I didn't actually do anything. My sister-in-law just texted me, wanting to know when she should expect "It" because her husband (my brother) is making her crazy waiting.

Sometimes the oldies are goodies.

Someone on my street said that Johnny Manziel signed a one year deal with the Cowboys. Not hard to believe but it was a prank

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

One year I arrived home after returning from a 2 month TDY (I was very tired as it was late at night on March 31), I was dropped off at home and just went to sleep. The next morning I walked across base to pick up my car and it wasn't in the lot. After searching for at least an hour I still couldn't find it. The odds that a 15 year old ****** gold colored SUV was stolen off base was exactly 0 so I even looked at the impound lot and called base security to see if it was towed.

It then dawned on me that it was April 1. I immediately figured my coworkers moved my car because haha old man MXVCF can't remember where he parked. At least one guy knew spare keys were in the office in case of whatever while gone. The lack of keys would not be an issue either as there's all sorts of forklifts or other equipment within easy reach with or without supervisions' approval.

So after at least another hours looking around and with another guy heading over in his car to help me look, I remember that a few of us had changed flights at the last minute and I had parked in a different lot when we car-pooled to a different airport.

Yup, old man MXVCF just forgot where he parked his car.

Funny you asked this question. My buddy called from Texas and said his friend hit a par 3 shot towards the green at the pin. The other guy didn't know it was found by my buddy. So he marked the spot, and while the other guy was still looking for his ball, my buddy dropped it in the hole...HOLE IN ONE!

Last edited:
Back