The Grill/Grilling thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Kabob night...
76ed7f7dc0d390579ea5a2fc7898bf7b.jpg

Currently roasting Hatch Green Chiles.

Smells glorious.

Sounds delicious. I need pics.

Already peeled and seeded them before I saw this, they were beautifully charred though. Going into a Chile Verde stew tonight.

I. Love. Hatch. Chiles.

I have this in the BBQ/Smoking thread, and realized there was also a grill/grilling thread. Any feedback for my search is appreciated
-----------------------------------

We are in the market for a new gas grill (LP). Leaning towards a Weber but can't decide which model. Main needs are for quick meals for 2-4 people. Not sure if I need a sear option. If you have one, do you use it? The Genesis and Spirit series both seem to have what we need.

Besides Weber, what'd you suggest? I haven't bought a grill in a long time. The last one I got was based on Consumer Reports best feedback and that company went out of business a couple of years later.

I have this in the BBQ/Smoking thread, and realized there was also a grill/grilling thread. Any feedback for my search is appreciated

We are in the market for a new gas grill (LP). Leaning towards a Weber but can't decide which model. Main needs are for quick meals for 2-4 people. Not sure if I need a sear option. If you have one, do you use it? The Genesis and Spirit series both seem to have what we need.

Besides Weber, what'd you suggest? I haven't bought a grill in a long time. The last one I got was based on Consumer Reports best feedback and that company went out of business a couple of years later.
I have a Brinkman and it is much cheaper than a Weber but does everything that I need. I have had it going on 4 years and never an issue well except for running out of propane haha

Good luck with the search and let us know what you get.

Sausage and Peppers for the New York Football Giants

790b38aaf75cae02740077e7dda546fc.jpg

This will ease my pain

a146f0841c8affe615c2541651f8a5f0.jpg

I just replaced my 20 year old Weber with... another Weber!! I went with the Genesis EP-330. I stuck with Weber based simply on the fact that the old one lasted 20 years!!! Weber makes great grills and I highly recommend them!

what do you guys recommenced for smoking, been looking at pellet grills. Basically an all in one, prefer charcoal.

Love my Weber genisis gold. It's somewhere out there
471e4c0d8234c0b2fc7d009c46675f98.jpg

what do you guys recommenced for smoking, been looking at pellet grills. Basically an all in one, prefer charcoal.

Depends on budget really. Traeger is a solid choice. They have been tried and tested and most love them. For charcoal you can go with a Weber Smokey mountain. You can get 18" or 22" depending on your cooking needs for the $300-400 price range. If you're handy you can build a UDS (Ugly Drum Smoker) google it. I built one for less than $100. Or if your wanting the latest and possibly greatest go with a Big Green Egg or other ceramic style cooker. You need to decide on these 2 things... Cooking needs and budget.

The Grill/Grilling thread

Johnny Mojo's famous flank steak

b3a963a5b8ac5be9f2d974c410d960b0.jpg

Glad to see you still enjoying it Nate! It's a big favorite in this house I tell ya. Many fond memories too.

JM

Recipe please

He posted it in the Recipe thread too but here it is:

Grilled Flank Steak Marinade

1.5 lb. Flank steak
1/2 cup Olive Oil
1/4 cup white vinegar (Apple Cider is good too)
1 1/2 tsp salt (I like sea salt for this)
2 tsp dried Oregano (fresh is awesome!)
2 cloves of fresh garlic
2 tsp chili powder
1/4 tsp Tabasco - More if you like it hotter!

Pierce steak all over on both sides and place in shallow glass dish. Mix ingredients in jar and shake vigorously. Pour over steak and marinate in fridge for at least 4 hours......Overnight is best though. The recipe calls to turn occasionally, but over the years, we have just resorted to using a zip lock bag the night before and forgetting about it.

I will bring the grill to as hot as I can get it and cook 4 minutes on each side and then turn for 1 minute each side with some of the marinade brushed on. Gives a nice medium rare to medium depending on the thickness of the cut.

Hope you enjoy!

Johnny Mojo's famous flank steak

b3a963a5b8ac5be9f2d974c410d960b0.jpg

That's it I'm coming to your house for thanksgiving! You have this and booze!

Going to grill tonight... Why not it is 62 degrees in December!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back