Does/Can an OTT move slow you down?

Space Bandito

Baguette
Albatross 2024 Club
Reaction score
Handicap
2 Children
Recently I was able to move away from my OTT swing almost entirely. But every now and then it creeps back in.

I haven't had a lot of time to play lately, so I've been swinging a lot of clubs in front of my old SSR in my office. I've noticed that when I feel myself lose control a little and come over the top the radar reads anywhere from 5-12mph slower than if I make a conscious effort to get the club inside.

Is it the OTT that's slowing me down, or just being out of sync? Not really looking for advice here, just a thought.

Could be a lot of things. I don't think being OTT in itself would have you lose that much speed but the cause of the OTT move would be to blame. Without seeing your swing i can't really tell you the problem.

Assuming you aren't completely coming over slicing, hitting a fade (out to in path with face open to path and closed to target) shouldn't be much slower than a draw (in to out path with face closed to path and open to target)

Sent from my SM-G935R4 using Tapatalk

Yes the OTT move is slowing you down. Why? Because the power of generated with the arms vs the body and arms.

Yes the OTT move is slowing you down. Why? Because the power of generated with the arms vs the body and arms.

Sort of what I figured. It's not really a problem. The few times it happens now still go straight. Thanks for confirming my suspicions.

Sort of what I figured. It's not really a problem. The few times it happens now still go straight. Thanks for confirming my suspicions.

It’ll just cost you a ball marker for my confirmation.

Back