Switching shafts a few questions

williaza

Reaction score
Handicap
So, I decided to switch golf shafts. I am going with TT DG AMT S300...I had a few questions:

The AMT Shafts I have were bought from a guy on golfWRX. They seem to be new but not raw lengths. I am trying to figure out if the lengths are proper for the irons I want to put them in. Is there a way to eye-ball whether a shaft that should be in a certain club is the proper length? I am going to try to put a picture.

I.E. the shaft that is raw 37" should go in the 9i and measures 35" and I play my 9i at 36 inches...is this proper?

Also, this will be the third pull and 2nd replace for this set of irons and 2nd pull and 2nd replace for the wedges. Is there any fear that the heads will not allow for that many pulls and replacements?

Thank you so much

You can compare the new shaft to the old shaft after it is pulled to make sure the lengths are correct.

Those are steel shafts, right? As long as the tips aren't damaged I'd think you'd be fine pulling them multiple times.

So, I decided to switch golf shafts. I am going with TT DG AMT S300...I had a few questions:

The AMT Shafts I have were bought from a guy on golfWRX. They seem to be new but not raw lengths. I am trying to figure out if the lengths are proper for the irons I want to put them in. Is there a way to eye-ball whether a shaft that should be in a certain club is the proper length? I am going to try to put a picture.

I.E. the shaft that is raw 37" should go in the 9i and measures 35" and I play my 9i at 36 inches...is this proper?

Also, this will be the third pull and 2nd replace for this set of irons and 2nd pull and 2nd replace for the wedges. Is there any fear that the heads will not allow for that many pulls and replacements?

Thank you so much

As long as the prep work is done correctly, no issue with the heads or shafts. I will say, the only hang up might be if the shaft seat properly but any knowledgeable club builder should have no problem doing the work.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Back