The 2015 Grandaddy - Chance Of A Lifetime

All I can recall from last year is the Desert being a problem for you.

Well that and the fact that I putt like Helen Keller.
Round 1 was good (we beat AJ and Hashtag in a 9 hour 9 hole match)
Round 2 was okay (losing by 1 or pushing with Ethanator shooting even par)
Round 3 was a disaster with the human rain delay and his wiggle. But he played lights out from holes 7 through 12 (-2 during the stretch or so) and deserves the credit.

I have a question for the previous Grandaddy participants (and perhaps this has been covered already, so I apologize if that's the case) -- having played the courses, what do you say to someone who says "I am going to play the two courses at the Hideaway, any advice?" I am curious to hear thoughts from a strictly golf perspective, putting aside the entire "experience" side of things for a moment...

Trust the caddies and also the members input on how the course is playing and what lines to take.

You mean on hole 16? You can ask any member of your own team about your "speed" and they all say the same thing.
It starts with a "groan, sigh" and then "Gawd he is slow".

Hell I think after you hit one off the planet on number one, we made it to number 2 about 42 minutes later after your man hunt took place. No wonder Finley was taken out of his game. You slow played your own cart partner.
:act-up:

If you thought i was slow last year, I added 45 more wiggles to my swing. THP you might want to bring sleeping bags in your cart.

Well that and the fact that I putt like Helen Keller.
Round 1 was good (we beat AJ and Hashtag in a 9 hour 9 hole match)
Round 2 was okay (losing by 1 or pushing with Ethanator shooting even par)
Round 3 was a disaster with the human rain delay and his wiggle. But he played lights out from holes 7 through 12 (-2 during the stretch or so) and deserves the credit.

The coaching (and consumption control) finally started to click on hole #7.......another example that I did help our team win

If you thought i was slow last year, I added 45 more wiggles to my swing. THP you might want to bring sleeping bags in your cart.

Give him to me James. I'll slow play him right back. He will change his name to Rip Van Winkle when I'm done

Are you and Keegan planing a twirl-off?

Sent from my SM-N910V using Tapatalk

Haha. I would play with you anytime dude. We had fun and I was in a bad spot last year and you guys helped me take my mind off of it. That will forever be remembered.

The coaching (and consumption control) finally started to click on hole #7.......another example that I did help our team win

Very very true. I still remember you playing his theme song.

Give him to me James. I'll slow play him right back. He will change his name to Rip Van Winkle when I'm done

Uh-oh. Maybe you guys can be the last group to tee off and we'll let you hitch back to Carlsbad.

You are the second or third person to mention this and I can honestly say that I didnt remember it being that penal.

Finley,
You have played here more than all of us. How penal is the rough? Am I just remembering it really wrong?

I honestly don't recall the rough being that bad either. Reading greens and putting was my issue. But then again it always is.

Uh-oh. Maybe you guys can be the last group to tee off and we'll let you hitch back to Carlsbad.

Worse places to hitchhike to I guess

You are the second or third person to mention this and I can honestly say that I didnt remember it being that penal.

Finley,
You have played here more than all of us. How penal is the rough? Am I just remembering it really wrong?

Could it have just been people either not playing in Bermuda rough before, or those who have it, just used to shorter/dormant rough at this time of year?

Is it December yet? Please please please come faster!

Sent from my Verizon iPhone using Tapatalk

Could it have just been people either not playing in Bermuda rough before, or those who have it, just used to shorter/dormant rough at this time of year?

I'd like to think I've played in a good variety but maybe it was just struggling with it in the heat of competition that I can remember....especially singles.

The 2015 Grandaddy - Chance Of A Lifetime

I'd like to think I've played in a good variety but maybe it was just struggling with it in the heat of competition that I can remember....especially singles.

Possibly, I do remember seeing you drawing some just awful lies. Don't really think you could do much out of them with anything longer than a 7i

You both might be right. My mind was so out of it, that I did it a disservice and that just wont happen again. Not that I will play better, who knows what happens there, but that I will take it all in a bit better.

How often do you get to say you get to play golf at a place like this, with wonderful people that are as excited about the event as we are and do it for the world to see? Right, only once a year and that is at the Grandaddy.

Possibly, I do remember seeing you drawing some just awful lies. Don't really think you could do much out of them with anything longer than a 7i

Definitely part of it. With us playing a decently long track (for me) I was trying to flush hybrids from that rough....no Bueno.

I honestly don't recall the rough being that bad either. Reading greens and putting was my issue. But then again it always is.

I think the rough Is thick but not that bad.
I just remember the tree that your ball was "in" lol

Look what I found sitting on my desk!
d94d9846c835b9da62afc375b4c0371f.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I cannot wait to see it, win it, and wear it!

Pretty sure a half day is in order tomorrow so I can get out for 1 last round before the snow falls. I can barely concentrate at work as it is, so I might as well put in some time on the course.

What kind of forced tee shot carries are we seeing at the hideaway? It will be nice to be in the desert again as that is where I have played a majority of my golf and where I learned.

What kind of forced tee shot carries are we seeing at the hideaway? It will be nice to be in the desert again as that is where I have played a majority of my golf and where I learned.

Par 3's had a lot of water. Couple of the par 4's the same but I don't think they were too bad for the boys to carry them?

Want to say a few par 3's had water carries up to 165-170.

Don't recall any tee forced carries on 4 or 5's that posed any issues.

Par 3's had a lot of water. Couple of the par 4's the same but I don't think they were too bad for the boys to carry them?

Want to say a few par 3's had water carries up to 165-170.

Don't recall any tee forced carries on 4 or 5's that posed any issues.
I agree with Cookie about the Par 3s and don't think any of Par 3s had really long carries.

I remember there being a short water carry on #16 and water close to the 18th tee box on the Clive course, but nothing major.

So how are the fairways? I'll just spend my time there so I don't have to worry about that rough stuff

Back