TopGolf - Has Anyone Tried?

GolfLivesMatter

Reaction score
Handicap
I see TopGolf has an event after the Masters. It looks like target golf on steroids with food and booze! Wondering if anyone has tried TopGolf? It appears I have to go to Vegas to participate.

It's awesome. When you go, you get a card and when you swipe it into the computer, whenever you hold your club over a sensor to spit out a ball, it is tagged to your name so you know who scores which points. There's a couple different games you can play (which specific targets you can try to hit). They're all over the country. There's 2 of them within a half hour of each other up here in Illinois. Being in SoCal, I'd be willing to bet money they have one closer to you than Vegas.

https://topgolf.com/us/locations/

Was lucky enough to get to go there with THP during Shaft Up last year, it's a ton of fun!

It's awesome. When you go, you get a card and when you swipe it into the computer, whenever you hold your club over a sensor to spit out a ball, it is tagged to your name so you know who scores which points. There's a couple different games you can play (which specific targets you can try to hit). They're all over the country. There's 2 of them within a half hour of each other up here in Illinois. Being in SoCal, I'd be willing to bet money they have one closer to you than Vegas.

https://topgolf.com/us/locations/

Yeah it's Glendale, CA...but coming "soon". Heck, Vegas would be more fun!

I used to live near to the originals in the UK. Concept is exactly the same, but the Vegas one that I visited last year is on completely another level. There were 4 of us in Vegas. Me, my bestie from back home and our other halves. Even the other halves who don’t play loved it.

#FiberLaunch

Yip...5 or 6 times now and have had a blast each time.

They made an announcement in the paper that we are getting one here in Myrtle Beach, but their website doesn't even list us as a "coming soon". would love to have one here.

I really enjoyed it with friends. With half off before 12pm, its sweet to grab a breakfast burrito and play with friends on vacation or a long weekend. I would def go for the club upgrade though if you dont bring your own, the clubs in the bay are pretty bad

TopGolf is so much fun, and my kids think it is awesome too.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

It’s definitely worth checking out. Target golf with food and booze is an accurate description indeed. Don’t expect to make it a practice session. It’s purely for fun and certainly more fun in larger groups rather than a solo kind of thing. Food and booze prices weren’t outrageous either in my experience at the Loudoun and Virginia Beach locations

We don't have anything like this in Mass. So Jealous.
Looks like alot of fun.

Yeah it's Glendale, CA...but coming "soon". Heck, Vegas would be more fun!

I have been to the one in my home town. It is fun but not as much fun as the one in Vegas.

First involvement with THP was Top Golf in Chicago. It opened up a can of worms.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

Don’t expect to make it a practice session. It’s purely for fun

I used practice all the time at Top Golf. As someone that is bored senseless on a range, having targets and a reason to hit them really motivated me when hitting shots. That being said, the Surrey branch of Top Golf is just a little different to the Vegas one LOL
7fcde850f7199295c4e09723c3d2a885.png

7cc0d0f8ab7f0fcccd1389e403f9d4d9.png

#FiberLaunch

I used practice all the time at Top Golf. As someone that is bored senseless on a range, having targets and a reason to hit them really motivated me when hitting shots. That being said, the Surrey branch of Top Golf is just a little different to the Vegas one LOL
7fcde850f7199295c4e09723c3d2a885.png

7cc0d0f8ab7f0fcccd1389e403f9d4d9.png

#FiberLaunch

Oh what's a few buildings and REALLY cool lights have to do with anything? LOL!

Oh what's a few buildings and REALLY cool lights have to do with anything? LOL!

Ha! I’ve just had a look at the old place on their website. It would appear even my old facility has had the Vegas treatment (sort of). The targets light up at night (used to be a couple of crappy old floodlights) and the bar has had a decent makeover (used to be a makeshift bar with some plastic tables and chairs you sat on).

#FiberLaunch

Ha! I’ve just had a look at the old place on their website. It would appear even my old facility has had the Vegas treatment (sort of). The targets light up at night (used to be a couple of crappy old floodlights) and the bar has had a decent makeover (used to be a makeshift bar with some plastic tables and chairs you sat on).

#FiberLaunch

Hey, they're trying! It's a big investment that someone is footing the bill to make happen! I'm checking my schedule to do the 1 hour flight to Vegas.

Yes I have - several different ones actually - Houston, Austin and New Jersey locations....

It is a blast for anyone whether they golf or not....

Just make sure you go with a group - it can get quite pricey if solo....

not yet, but I'll be there, with brand new clubs in less than 3 weeks

Very nice facilities featuring games of golfing skill. It is fun for groups, birthday parties, work team functions, etc. Sort of pain for the whole everyone needs a membership card to play but I get it they are all about the return visits and other marketing.

We went a year or so ago to the one in West Chester, Ohio and were planning a return but had one event cancel due to weather and another that the planning didn't come together for.

The vegas one is cool, was there in Feb.
9c032b6b097ca827762e591a52b3e353.jpg

hooping to get to TG vegas in november!

Top Golf is a ton of fun for experienced golfers and people who have only swung a club a couple times. Maybe not so much for those who have NEVER swung one though. I’ve seen clubs thrown, balls shanked sideways into other bays..

Brilliant idea and each location has a different vibe. Vegas was a giant party with drinks flowing nonstop. Scottsdale was a little more refined with seemingly better golfers. But the wait at both was 2-3 hours so plan ahead!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

and so this late winter I was introduced to TG as a sub in a Monday night league. My brother (not the avid golfer at all) and some his buddies (some golf, some don't) were always short and hence myself subbing. Now the soring league I became a member of the team.

I didn't know what to expect but fwiw it really is pretty cool imo. I think its fun and its a good atmosphere. Eat and drink if you wish or have fun just playing. I think its good golf work also. Keeps you swinging the club and imo doing so with a purpose of hitting targets. A win win if you ask me.

All I can say the place is mobbed. Seems to be a gold mine. I have no idea how hard it might be to just go and play or book. But with the league its an every Monday night thing with no stress of any of that involved. During the league night they have (within the league) a beat the pro contest while the evening rolls along for anyone who ants to participate. Its a given competition of that evening and they differ each time but its where we amateurs have a slight advantage and just a couple/few swings vs his one or two to a further target. You win and you get little prizes. So far I won a good quality callaway hat, and a couple of glasses as well. Tonight I won another beer glass and only 7 of us actually won and thus enterd us 7 in a raffle to win a cooler. Ill find out next week if its me.

Anyway Im enjoying this place. We know we are to be there every Monday evening, no hastles. Just some fun with the league games of the evening (which do change from week to week) and some golf to play. Its all good. Some take the league a bit more seriously and others take it as nothing more than a few drinks and smack some balls around, and most I assume take it somewhere in between the two extremes where as its fun but also want to play well enough. That's seems to be us for the most part. But we have fun either way.

You have 6 team members but only the 4 best scores count for the teams evening pints. Then you can have some registered subs in addition to the 6 whenever a member cant make it. That's how i started in this 9as a sub). You do need at least 4 people to show up. You can show up with less but then you cant count 4 scores so it hurts your points for the night. Its pretty affordable too and I think its only about 80 bucks for the given season. (I forgot how many weeks). And then there is playoffs at the end. of course you end up spending some bucks on food or drink and I suppose that's the money maker for them considering the affordable price of being in the league.

I have no idea how much to actually rent a bay outside the league. id imagine that's considerable more money. But anyway overall I like the place. I think its well done, a good environment, very nice looking place. They've done it right imo for what they wanted it to be. and certainly can use the place for lessons or whatever have you. Pretty cool imo.

Oh and one more thing. The bays are overhead heated and even in winter its very doable in fact it can even get too warm. Each bay has either couches with table or bar style table and chairs and it was always very warm (at least the time I was there).

I think a lot of non golfers are getting involved in golf because of this place honestly. That's a good thing I suppose. Although some of them are only really there for the party. And while that's all good imo too, it does have potential to lead to newbies on the course who also think its a party. The reason this can have some negatives is because they no nothing about pace, nor our other golf etiquettes. They just think the course is to be the same thing as there time at top golf. Bit aside from that I think it all good and imo will create some more avid golfers to the sport.

Back