Pernilla Lindberg: Flash in the Pan or new star?

Smallville

#ICanHitADraw
Reaction score
Handicap
In Flux
Before her win today, she had never won in nine years on tour, had only one top 10 finish in the majors (T5 at 2015 U.S. Open), and has never finished better than 40th in money and 52nd in scoring average. Prior to this season she's only had eight top tens (best was a T3 in 2014) in 185 events. So she's never been a household name, one you would go out on a limb and say the day before a tournament, "I think she has a great chance to win this week."

Does her career take off here or is she a one and done major winner? Keep in mind that the last 11 majors have had 11 different winners.

I've seen her in a few tournaments but didn't know much about her. It's good to see knew faces get wins but I don't expect it to be a regular thing with her. I wouldn't mind being wrong though.

Sent from my D5316 using Tapatalk

If she can continue to stick her irons and bury those putts like this weekend. I think she should be alright.

I watched yesterday and was rooting for her when I fell asleep. Today was a Bear (one of my direct reports turned in his notice) and I literally forgot to look up the playoff results. Good for her and hearty congratulations! Flash in the pan? Not a clue. Grinder? Without a doubt! Fuel to motivate? Yessir!!!! I think she feeds off of it.

Congrats PL.

JM

I could see her win a couple of more times in her career but wouldn't expect this to make her a perennial winner.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

With her tenacity and game, I could definitely seeing her winning a few more tournaments. Maybe 1 more major.

All I know is her teeth, are bigger than Tigers.

Flash in the pan. I don’t see her winning again

She's awesome. She will win again, but not another major.

Flash in a pan if I had to pick one. Has to be rare someone goes that long with no wins then magically becomes a superstar multiple winner.

Wasn't she really good in the last Solheim Cup? I think she may have another couple wins in her but that's about it.

With the difficulty of winning on any Tour, I would classify her as a Journeyman Player. She showed her mettle in going toe to toe with Park, and that says a lot for her.

I'm sure she will win again but perhaps not another Major.

I dont see another win, she is only making the top 10 2 times a year while playing 25+ events, tough to win at that rate

Big flash in the pan.

Sent from my STV100-2 using Tapatalk

I had heard of her but never followed her before. I liked how she didn't get the win handed to her on a mistake, she won this major on an incredible putt after matching a world class player shot for shot through the entire playoff. She really impressed me and I think this has to do wonders for her confidence. I also don't think she will win another major but I think she starts contending more often in all tournaments and will probably score a couple of more wins off this past week's play.

Probably flash in the pan... saw an interesting tweet today that the driver she plays is a "ladies driver" (Ping G Le I believe)... the context was this might be the first major won with a "ladies driver." Really doesn't matter but I thought it was an interesting tidbit.

Back