What rules in golf do you like?

I don't know that it's so much the rules that I like or dislike so much as it's the integrity of the honor system that is the basis of the game. Is there another sport where the players police themselves and penalize themselves for infractions? There is a level of honor and personal responsibility in this game that's not present in other modern sports. That, to me, is the "greatness" of the game that keeps me coming back.
It's also what keeps me as an honest high 20s creeping into the 30s sometimes handicap at the moment. If I played the way that I see a lot of people play, I'd be a 17 handicap, too.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

To quote a tee shirt I saw once...

I hate golf.
I hate golf.
I hate golf.

"Nice shot!"

I love golf.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk
So true brother. So true.

I like the handicaps. I love that Golf is the only game where you can play someone that is way better than you, and still have a chance to win if you have a good day

I like the handicaps. I love that Golf is the only game where you can play someone that is way better than you, and still have a chance to win if you have a good day
Agreed.

If I want to carry 18 clubs I will(and I do).
If I want to use wedges that spin the ball more I will(and I have).
If I don't like that shot and want to take a mulligan I will(who hasn't).
If I want to drop a ball in a spot that is more convenient for me and my playing partners I will(again, who hasn't).

No such thing as a mulligan in golf. All you really did is add two strokes to your score. :)

Play it as it lies.

I'm not sure why people want to play a game that they have to alter the rules to have fun. I'd rather hack it around the course for a 95 than use a "mulligan" every time I hit a bad shot, roll the ball out from a bad lie every time I hit into one, etc. and shoot an "80".

I like the rule that allows me to pay my money and do my own thing. If I want to play by the rules, I can (and almost always do). If I want to start from 100 yards out, I can. If I want to just hit a tee shot, I can. As long as I’m not clogging up the course or damaging something (which I wouldn’t do), it’s wide open.

The options for dropping after hitting OB or taking an unplayable. It’s good to have options.

Back