Scratch or better?!? What’s the weakest part of your game?

Drhoward

Reaction score
Handicap
+3.0
I was just curious if their are any scratch or better golfer on here and what issues they have in there game that holds them back from being even better? What’s the weakest part of your game? Putting? Driving? Iron play? Course management? For me it’s course management. I am a +3.0 golfer and I have a lot of great qualities in my game. I hit the ball a ton. Strike it very well, iron game strong. Putter very solid. But I take to many chances trying to get low that cost me. My mental game is the weakest area for me followed by by chipping. What about you guys?!?

Paging @canadan

I was just curious if their are any scratch or better golfer on here and what issues they have in there game that holds them back from being even better? What’s the weakest part of your game? Putting? Driving? Iron play? Course management? For me it’s course management. I am a +3.0 golfer and I have a lot of great qualities in my game. I hit the ball a ton. Strike it very well, iron game strong. Putter very solid. But I take to many chances trying to get low that cost me. My mental game is the weakest area for me followed by by chipping. What about you guys?!?

Time? Finding an instructor? Time? And lastly I guess course conditions.

I got to a +4 last year and I'd be lying if I said it was through endless rounds of lights out golf. Tons of lipped putts, near misses, and one bad swing here or there. The only thing that improves those fractional errors is endless hours on the range, a good instructor, and greens that are pure as pure. None of which I can afford.

Welcome to THP, Drhoward. While I do not know about your game directly, congratulations on your incredible index. You're in truly rare company.

At my best I was a +4.0. Now I’m a +.4. It all comes down to putting for me. I can get myself into trouble then hit the 2 iron punch hook out of the trees to 10 feet. If the putts aren’t falling my score suffers. I’m all around it. The greens at my club are pure. Sometimes the putter just goes to sleep on me. I’ve played all my golf by feel. No numbers, no fittings, no nothing.

Not getting a fitting I believe is another thing that could improve my game. I know I have the wrong loft and shaft in my driver but don’t want to spend the money/holding out for a staff deal before I change equipment. That’s a hinderance to my game

Sent from HTX

Time? Finding an instructor? Time? And lastly I guess course conditions.

I got to a +4 last year and I'd be lying if I said it was through endless rounds of lights out golf. Tons of lipped putts, near misses, and one bad swing here or there. The only thing that improves those fractional errors is endless hours on the range, a good instructor, and greens that are pure as pure. None of which I can afford.

Welcome to THP, Drhoward. While I do not know about your game directly, congratulations on your incredible index. You're in truly rare company.

Thanks I appreciate it. I love golf and I love learning and talking about it.. by far my weakest area is my mental game. I have all the shots. But I think I take to many risk that has me playing from behind. Instead of attacking the holes that I should. I attack them all. That’s what keeps me from making golf my job =). I hope I can get it figured out at some point. Nice meeting you!

Thanks I appreciate it. I love golf and I love learning and talking about it.. by far my weakest area is my mental game. I have all the shots. But I think I take to many risk that has me playing from behind. Instead of attacking the holes that I should. I attack them all. That’s what keeps me from making golf my job =). I hope I can get it figured out at some point. Nice meeting you!

But it is so much fun taking those risky shots!

Good thread! I’m like you Drhoward, ended the season at 2.7 last year. Not quite sharp enough with chipping and putting to go +. I’m interested to see what the real scratch players say!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I have been scratch or better a few times in my golf life. Short game was the difference maker. When my wedges and putters became more consistent, I was able to shave numerous strokes off my game.

Back