williaza

Reaction score
Handicap
I know this is controversial around here. I have done some searching and there is some clear divide over these products especially the driver. I really enjoy the direct to consumer sector of the golf industry and have been very lucky to get excellent products at great prices.

The Grenade driver is at a great price for Black Friday. I am very intrigued by it (I need a new driver). Without starting a huge debate, does anyone own the driver? I am not naive to think it will give me "20 more yards". I want to know if it is a quality product that is in line with most OEM drivers for the price that it is listed? Thank you in advance.

I don't think it controversial. Play what you want. If it works for you, awesome. If the price is right, you don't have a lot to lose in my opinion.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I don't think it controversial. Play what you want. If it works for you, awesome. If the price is right, you don't have a lot to lose in my opinion.

Nailed it.
The good news is that most companies, that have full R&D teams and put out great products are direct to consumer too.

So am I to take from this: that it is a legit product (not a "scam" or inferior quality product). However, it might not do accomplish what it claims for every player? Thank you.

So am I to take from this: that it is a legit product (not a "scam" or inferior quality product). However, it might not do accomplish what it claims for every player? Thank you.

I don't think it's a scam. It's a golf product. Maybe it's the club for you. Again if it's pretty cheap, I don't think you have much to lose. If you are looking for a deal, there are a ton of OEM deals to be had right now. It's whatever direction you want to take your bag.

That will be up to you to decide. If it were me, and its not, I would want to test the products head to head against some of the other top drivers out there.

There are so many high quality drivers on the market right now, that finding a deal is never a real tough thing, so I choose to go with those that are available to test, or that I can test at a THP Event (almost every driver on the market is on the THP Tour Van) on a FlightScope, both on the range and the course.

Last edited:
That will be up to you to decide. If it were me, and its not, I would want to test the products head to head against some of the other top drivers out there.

There are so many high quality drivers on the market right now, that finding a deal is never a real tough thing, so I choose to go with those that are available to test, or that I can test at a THP Event on a FlightScope, both on the range and the course.

That makes sense and I hear what you are saying. Thank you.

I own one and it really is a good driver. I am a golf ho and have to own the latest and greatest so nothing stays in my bag long. This is not a good way to lower your handicap but it is an excellent way to learn about golf equipment. Lol

The Grenade will not magically give you 20 yards if the driver you are playing is a good fit BUT the Grenade is in my top 5 for the longest and if I really think about it, I can put it in the top 3. It's in the top 5 in forgiveness. And in the top 5 for loudest.

My 14 yr old son is gaming the Grenade now and is just flat out bombing it and splitting the fairways. You shouldn't regret the purchase. If you do, he will take it back.

I play with a guy that uses a Perfect driver and FW woods and never misses a fairway. I've hit the driver and it is dead straight time after time. Is the tech there of other OEM's? I doubt it, but if it works, it works. Nothing says anyone less than the top OEM's can build good clubs. Sooo many options out there. I like to try the Knuth driver, but no one has them around here to demo and the price is too high to go out on that limb.

Am I missing something here? The OP was asking about the Bombtech driver specifically on how they are. Did I answer wrong when I posted about my experience with the Bombtech? I don't want to step on any toes here.

Am I missing something here? The OP was asking about the Bombtech driver specifically on how they are. Did I answer wrong when I posted about my experience with the Bombtech? I don't want to step on any toes here.

Real world feedback is always welcome.

No this is what I was looking for. I was just interested in people who actually owned one felt. I know that the product has been beaten up a little here and on MyGolfSpy (for good reasons) I just wanted to know if people actually owned it and thought it was a decent/good/very good product.

I see. From what I have gathered, Bombtech 's owner is like Donald Trump. You either love him or hate him. From my experience of owning the Bridgestone J815 driver and using iron covers, people judge the equipment and me based on some old ideology of what golf use to be. My driver is red but a great driver. I have a lot of people come up to me loving the driver. I had a few people that wouldn't even try it because of the red. And yet they like to critique the driver by saying there's better out there.

The owner employees some modern day advertising that rubs some the wrong way. On another forum, I have seen him crucified for posting a video of someone swinging the club on a range. This goes against the norm.

Luckily I kept an open mind and tried it. It really is a good driver. Just like every manufacturers products, some will love them, some will hate them. The difference is with the major manufacturers, people will actually try them and then voice an opinion. For some reason the Grenade will get people voice their opinion without trying.

All I know, I had 60 days to actually try it on the course, range, etc.. If I didn't like it, I could send it back for a refund. Try asking another manufacturer that and see if they don't laugh at you.

I see. From what I have gathered, Bombtech 's owner is like Donald Trump. You either love him or hate him. From my experience of owning the Bridgestone J815 driver and using iron covers, people judge the equipment and me based on some old ideology of what golf use to be. My driver is red but a great driver. I have a lot of people come up to me loving the driver. I had a few people that wouldn't even try it because of the red. And yet they like to critique the driver by saying there's better out there.

The owner employees some modern day advertising that rubs some the wrong way. On another forum, I have seen him crucified for posting a video of someone swinging the club on a range. This goes against the norm.

Luckily I kept an open mind and tried it. It really is a good driver. Just like every manufacturers products, some will love them, some will hate them. The difference is with the major manufacturers, people will actually try them and then voice an opinion. For some reason the Grenade will get people voice their opinion without trying.

All I know, I had 60 days to actually try it on the course, range, etc.. If I didn't like it, I could send it back for a refund. Try asking another manufacturer that and see if they don't laugh at you.

Yea I hear that. I faced the same thing with my Hopkins irons. I just wanted to see if the product was actually quality (despite what people thought) or if it was less then quality (ballooning/not accurate etc).

Thank you for your thoughts they did help

I had an opportunity to demo the Grenade for a few days when it first was introduced.

It was okay, nothing special, nothing negative. Just a middle of the road product from my perspective.

Any product is a matter of personal perspective and preference, of course.

Back