What’s the weakest part of your game?!? All handicaps

no, just a hacker. I'm working on it though.

A lot of people have the spine angle problem. Sounds like you swaw around a bit. When you practice try to train your self to stay as still as you can with your first move to be your hands only. Don’t sway back keep your lower body still until you start your transition. Try to go straight back from the ball. It will feel like your extending outward away from your body a bit..you find the happy median between your inside track and straight back from the ball. Eliminating any extra movement cures a lot of woes. It will help you maintain your spine angle.. if your releasing early keep your left hand from turning by pulling it thru the shoot. Forward towards your target. And extend your left hand thumb down the shaft a bit more then you probably do now. A combination of those two things will promote you hitting more of a straight to fade type shot. Hard to say with out watching you hit but I think it may help you some. =)

Lofted chips and high short pitches.

Used to have flop shots and short touch shots that got air. With the move to the south and bermuda rough being the norm, I've lost the ability as even a somewhat nestled ball in bermuda gives me fits.

I've adapted to functionally give myself a chance for an up & down but the lofted chip or flop is still absent from my game.

Rats.

LOL. I HATE Bramuda! Let me ask you. How much bounce do you have on your wedges? Higher bounce helps with that type of rough... I think is best to play that type of shot with the ball a bit forward. And the angle of attack must be descending like in a sand bunker just with out the completely open face.. all tho a slightly open face won’t hurt anything. You need the ball to pop out of that grass quickly so both your club and the ball needs to have a quick Avenue out of the grass. And that’s straight upward..So hit down on it a bit more... and finish with your hands high..if you want the ball to picth up high you must not decelerate your swing. Open the face just slightly and keep your hands back just a bit. About even with the ball.. (don’t let your hands get back in front of the club) and excelerate throught the ball.that doesn’t mean kill it. Lol. It just means never slow the club down thru impact...the loft of the club will get it the air but your excelling thru the ball will get it to your target. Playing it on your front foot will get you the higher all flight. Those high chips and pitches are one of my favorite shot. Hope it helps you some!

Right now, the driver is causing me problems.

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

Although its slowly getting better, my long game is still an issue. I still struggle with getting my drives over 150. The good news is my pitching and chipping are pretty solid.

With the driver I added last year, I have been hitting more fairways. And with that, it has really exposed my approach game. Proximity to the hole has killed me

My first thought is putting... but I think it is GIR. My short game saves my butt so many times, but I do not give myself enough birdie looks.

Iron play for me, when my irons are on my scores are low.

My iron play is killing me right now. I am pretty sure it is mental block/overthinking on the course. At the range warming up I hit nice high irons either straight or little fade. On the course I just keep topping the ball. Yesterday on 385 yd par 4 I hit a nice drive and left 131 to the pin. I proceeded to thin my 9i and it went way right about 5 ft off the ground ending up 20 yds to the right of the green. I have a lesson coming up with the Club Pro to get it figured out and then work on my wedge play.

Last year it was putting

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last year, it was my wayward drives (mostly slices!). Bur my instructor has just about completely eliminated that. Now, we're working on my iron game. I have real problems with anything over 150, both directional and distance wise. I don't have good crisp contact.

Wedge game. Doesn't matter the distance. Wedges consistently screw up my rounds. I could shave a good chunk of my handicap off if I could improve my wedges. Something I really plan on focusing on this year. Want to break into the 80's and I have to fix this in order to do so.

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

Approach shots into greens. My GIR is under 26%. And it's frustrating but I don't really know how to "practice" this part of my game besides a practice round.

Consistency. In my last round of 9, I had a birdie and two pars. Yet still scored 47, which should tell you how the rest of them played out - yikes.

Like a lot of women, I need more distance. It's frustating to see a 380 par 5 and know I have to hit driver, lay up to the edge of the lake, hit over the lake, and then hit a 5W just to get close to the green. I do not want to sacrific accuracy for distance, however. I am definitely reserving a few lessons for short game to the green, especially chipping. My putting has always been pretty good, but I wouldn't call it great unless there's a moving windmill or a giant gorilla pounding the green with both fists...

It's been putting, but I've focused on it the last several months and have made a lot of improvement. Next would be inconsistencies off the tee which can put me in jail or worse cost me penalty strokes. I was always REALLY short. I took a very long break from golf and upon returning I decided to put some work in get to at least semi-respectable distance. I added about 20% to my club head speeds which has me hitting it much further but the cost is consistency. Trees, lost balls, and OOB are now problems I have to contend with.

Driving the ball, is by far my biggest weakness and often causes me to retreat from the game out of frustration.

I'd say off the tee I am the weakest, not terribly long, but not real accurate either. I think it is a function of not playing enough so my swing isn't as consistent as it needs to be. I am decent with my irons and around the green. Putting I am ok, but in a round probably only make a couple putts outside of 10 feet.

Hands down my driving of the golf ball. I lack confidence in this part of the game and it shows. Thankfully I can smoke my 3w.

Fairway woods off the deck is an easy answer for me!!

Inconsistent ball striking and a very average wedge game around the greens are what hold me back.

I putt it well and usually make the right play for my game.

Probably the biggest drop off from when I was an OK player is my driving. I just don't hit it in play all day like I used to.

I wouldn't say I am particularly good at anything.

My putting is certainly costing me several strokes per round.

My biggest issue right now has been losing balls off the tee. I don't have distance issues but have been terrible lately consistently finding fairways. OB tee shots are real round wreckers for me.

inconsistent iron play. it kills me several times a round

Driving the ball, is by far my biggest weakness and often causes me to retreat from the game out of frustration.

What type of misses do you have? Do yo mostly miss to the right or to the left?

Just overall decision making... specifically hitting low percentage shots that I have no business attempting. It's funny, I usually play better at target style courses that force your hand (ie 4iron off of the tee) instead of courses with a lot of risk/reward options.

Mine is all inside 100 yards. Get me an iron in hand and I can do well, but give me a wedge and I can't perform.

Short game is the easy answer for me. I'm better than I used to be but certain shots I still struggle with. Anything sitting in a bare spot surrounded by rough is still nerve racking. Other than that, my other weakness is managing the big miss. I'm good for a few big misses per round when mr. hyde shows up, be it on the tee or on approach. Keeping that miss from turning into more strokes than it should is something I need to focus on. I always feel like I need to catch up after a miss like that.

Back