Germerican

AngryYankee
Reaction score
Handicap
23.8 USGA
I was actually surprised that this thread doesn't exist seeing as there are separate threads for PS3/4 and Xbox gaming. So why not a PC gaming thread? If there is one, then apologies, but site search did not bring up any results.
Anyway, I splurged this past weekend by preordering the new StarCraft expansion, Overwatch, and Fallout 4. Some other games of interest that I have are GTA V, Civ: Beyond Earth and BF3.
I have a Steam and Origin account if any other PC gamers want to get together.

I'll be getting Fallout 4 in the next day or so here, love those games.

I think there is a tread around somewhere I have posted in before. But I cannot seem to find it atm. I am a casual PC gamer now love me some fps and stratagy games.

Sent from my SM-G900W8 using Tapatalk

I'm a casual PC gamer. I "fly" in a WW2 flight simulator IL2. IL2 has been around since 2004 and the stock sim is regularly updated. IL2 has a very strong "modding" community as well with the latest mod covering WW1 through modern jet fighters and helicopters. If getting your behind kicked by the AI in the various campaigns or quick missions isn't enough there are several on-line servers where you fly with/against people from all over the world.

I am a casual PC guy as well.. Play Minecraft, CS GO, and H1Z1

Sure there used to be a thread somewhere

I don't play much but have recently decided to play through Portal and am now going through Portal 2

Spent too much time in the past with CS:S but haven't played much of CS:GO even though it is installed on my PC

Casual here as well, currently playing Rebel Galaxy. Not many options for me on Mac since I shut my windows rig down.

Played World of Warcraft for YEARS. I've been playing Star Wars: Old Republic here and there lately, but really hate the new expansion pack that just came out so unsubbed.

Back in the day, played the Half Life series, and Diablo 1 and 2. Played a bit of Diablo 3 recently. Cool, but felt like been there, done that.

Leeeeeeeeeeeague of Legends!!!

0ccd3741fa3463a654067f88260c6503.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Awesome set up guys, mine looked like that with the neon and cool water intakes and all. Sadly I hardly get a chance to game anymore to warrant to fancy up on rig. I am gaming on a custom I built almost 9 years ago,using a GEFORCE 9800 GT yes old school.

Sent from my SM-G900W8 using Tapatalk

I'm really wanting to get back into PC gaming, just having a hard time trying to justify the cost considering I already have an Xbox One and PS4.

I'm really wanting to get back into PC gaming, just having a hard time trying to justify the cost considering I already have an Xbox One and PS4.

Well I decided to take the plunge and build a gaming PC.

Here's the parts I have coming:

CPU - I7 4790K Devils Canyon
Mobo - ASRock Gaming Fatal1ty Z97 Killer
RAM - GSkill TridentX DDR3 2133mhz Cas Latency 9
Vid card - EVGA GeForce GTX 980ti Classified 6gb
PSU - EVGA Supernova 850w P2 (platinum rating)
SSD - 500gb Samsung 850 Evo
CPU Cooler - Corsair Hydro H105
OS - Windows 10 Pro
Case - Corsair Carbide 540

Since it's been so long, I also purchased a new gaming monitor which is a BenQ 24" 144mhz 1080p, as well as new peripherals (Logitech 502 Proteus Mouse, Logitech G13 gamepad, and then just a regular old Logitech mechanical keyboard for typing).

Overall it was a little more than I originally wanted to spend, but I think this PC is going to be a beast for gaming for a couple years to come, and I can't wait to get all the parts here and get it put together.

Only a 500GB drive? That probably wouldn't last too long before being filled I would have thought

Or do you have external or network drives for your storage needs?

I have 3TB in my machine but am looking at network drives for storage and streaming

Only a 500GB drive? That probably wouldn't last too long before being filled I would have thought

Or do you have external or network drives for your storage needs?

I have 3TB in my machine but am looking at network drives for storage and streaming

It's going to be strictly a gaming PC, so it will only have games and game saves on it and most likely a VOIP like Teamspeak or Ventrilo and other gaming related stuff (software for accessories). I've got a laptop that has all my work and media programs on it, as well as my storage of music/movies.

If I run out of room with the 500gb, I'll just throw another 500gb SSD in it down the road. It's nice that SSD's have come down in price so much, can find the 500gb's for $150-200.

iracing is my PC gaming drug

Logged a few hundred hours in Wasteland 2, Diablo 3, Borderlands 2, and Skyrim. Each. Will be buying fallout 4 soon, I just got one for my son first.

I kind of stopped playing PC games for the last 6 months because they do eat up a lot of time. It's so easy to get sucked in.

Would love to get in pc gaming . Haven't played a pc game since PGA championship golf 2000. Did a few threads here on laptops and tablet gaming .. Etc . And the steam machine. But only way to do this is with a desktop gaming rig.

So would love to play perfect parallel golf and do the course designer like I used to on PGA golf 2000. Loved course designing

It's unbelievable. Best Fallout yet. I've played them all and this one far exceeded my expectation.

I still don't know what I am doing. I think the Brotherhood of Steel quests are repeatable. Might have to leave those guys behind.

I still don't know what I am doing. I think the Brotherhood of Steel quests are repeatable. Might have to leave those guys behind.
there is no right way to do all the quests. It is so big and expansive that you just kind of float around and do stuff as it pops up. I try not to run through the main plot to fast and do as much as I can along the way. That feeling of being taken off task will never leave haha. I havent played the new one but will be getting a PS4 soon just for this game.

Some of the Minutemen quests definitely get duplicated which gets kind of annoying, but it's been super fun so far.

PC is all built and I've been playing CS:GO and Battlefield 4.

Got a free download for Assassin's Creed Syndicate so I'll be downloading and playing that game soon as well.

Computers sure have come a long way since I last played any PC games. Taking me a bit of getting used to going back to mouse and keyboard as it's been 7+ years since I've played a game with it.

PC is all built and I've been playing CS:GO and Battlefield 4.

Got a free download for Assassin's Creed Syndicate so I'll be downloading and playing that game soon as well.

Computers sure have come a long way since I last played any PC games. Taking me a bit of getting used to going back to mouse and keyboard as it's been 7+ years since I've played a game with it.

Nothing better (except golf) than building your own PC...and having it boot up without issues :angel:

Nothing better (except golf) than building your own PC...and having it boot up without issues :angel:

That is definitely the truth. Luckily I have a buddy who is pretty good with PC's and he helped me out. It was such a huge relief to have it power on and into the bios. I'm still amazed at how great Battlefield 4 looks running at 2560x1440 with Ultra settings compared to my Xbox One version of the game, can definitely see a lot more detail as well as see further across the map.

Should probably note that I changed out my monitors as the 24" just wasn't quite big enough, as well as running 1080p with my GPU is kind of a waste. So I ended up getting the Dell Gaming S2716DG which has the G-Sync feature my GPU has.

I am having a small issue with Windows 10 Pro using up a bunch of RAM for "System and Compressed Memory", but it appears that this is actually normal and it's part of Windows 10's page filing system, whatever that is. Either way, it hasn't caused my system to slow down at all, so I've just kinda left it alone.

Back