Tour Edge Exotics CBX Wedges

JB

Follow @THPGolf on Social Media
Albatross 2024 Club
Staff member
Reaction score
New for 2018 are the Exotics CBX wedges from Tour Edge. This line is the most advanced wedge they have created featuring surface texture micro grooves, variable groove thickness and a whole lot more.

We wanted to get more information on the design and overall shape of the lineup, so while at their HQ in Illinois, we sat down with David Glod, founder of Tour Edge (and designer of this wedge) to have him give us the details.

I like those a LOT! Thin sole, grind looks fantastic, forged, lots of grooves, and a square leading edge. Big fan of all of that and the reasons behind them.

These wedges looks and sound like very solid offerings.

Nice wedges indeed and a solid video explaining the virtues. That rounded trailing edge looks like it was done perfectly. Appear very easy to hit any shot.

Sounds like a great extension of the line, TEE really doing the CBX justice in 2018 with the full set and the wedges, would be one awesome complete set!

Slick!

• Admin
Nice wedges indeed and a solid video explaining the virtues. That rounded trailing edge looks like it was done perfectly. Appear very easy to hit any shot.

At $125, they offer a pretty good value for a new wedge too. In hand they look very good.

At $125, they offer a pretty good value for a new wedge too. In hand they look very good.

I didn't realize that was the price. Very good, especially considering it's a forged wedge.

I like how they designed the lead edge. I hope it is a success for them because I believe their wedges and irons deserve more attention than they get.

Little more bounce is a good thing. Face sounds pretty good with the microgrooves.

They should have changed the name IMO. Clashes with the excellent Cleveland wedges on the market.

They should have changed the name IMO. Clashes with the excellent Cleveland wedges on the market.

They both came to market at the same time with a CBX lineup. Hard to go one way or the other, and we have talked to both brands about it, and neither are happy nor are upset. Just a strange thing. Reminds me of when Bridgestone brought the 815 driver out, despite Callaway already having the 815 in the lineup.

Nice looking wedges!

I do like the straight line look of leading edge....

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

These wedges surprised me a bit. The most interesting thing to me is the hand finished straight leading edge. They don’t have all the grinds that other companies offer but I think most would enjoy them. They look fantastic as well.

I tested these in January and they are as good as any wedge on the market. Solid spin around the greens and full shots.

I think this is one of the under appreciated wedges currently.

Back-XL.jpg

Face-XL.jpg

Solid shape and features. Looking forward to trying them! :D

Rough opening day with these wedges yesterday but they rebounded well today. Full shots stop on a dime. Was kind of surprised that partial and chip shots seem to roll out more than my last 2 54/58 wedges (Hogan Equalizers and Mizuno S5). Just something I have to adjust to and it will be fine. Have been able to open them up for higher xhips and close the face for lower chips with no issue at all.

Back