Tougher par 3....

Tadashi70

Reaction score
Handicap
This is totally subjective but in your opinions, which par 3 is tougher?

Augusta National #12

TPC Sawgrass #17

Quail Hollow #17

Augusta has the Masters so there’s that. The hole is only 155 yards long but really vexes the players

Sawgrass is an island green playing 130yd depending on the hole location. The green is hard and small.

Quail hollow has distance on its side. It comes in the middle of the Green mile so there is some added pressure.

Which is tougher?

i think it's august 12. it's a better design than the other two. even with the wind down guys can still make a mess of 12 at augusta.

I think 12 because of the constant swirling wind/breeze. Maybe it's because it's a major, but there is just such an intensity and drama at 12. We have seen Masters won and lost on that hole.

Sent from my LG-M430 using Tapatalk

In order for me personally:

#17 Quail Hollow

#17 TPC Sawgrass

#12 Augusta National

That's just strictly based on which ones I think I'm more likely to make the biggest number on.

For me it's between Augusta and Sawgrass. While the water is a mental challenge at Sawgrass, I feel like center of the green is a good play each time.

#12 Golden Bell to me is harder. The green is shallow and long, the creek is right in front, trouble and bunkers long & right. IMO so much comes into play on that tee box that makes it a harder shot.

Got to go with Augusta's #12 because of the swirling winds. You can watch back to back groups and get totally different results because of the wind.

Augusta 12, they say the Masters doesn't truly begin until the back nine on Sunday. Jordan knows this for sure!

I think Augusta...between the shape of the green and how it is angled, the likelihood of wind, and the fact that it is the Masters, my head would be all out of sorts.

I don't remember Quail Hollow so it gets eliminated for me. I'll go with Sawgrass. It isn't a surprise when the pros hit it in the water, it's more a question of who and how many.

I think the island green is most intimidating. One bad swing and you're in the water. I think at Augusta you can be safe going long in a bunker, really anything but short and you can be dry.

I'd vote Quail Hollow as probably the hardest, Augusta #12 second, and Sawgrass 17 the easiest.

Quail Hollow is definitely the longest, #12 is a small green with swirling winds, and having played Sawgrass I found 17 to be quite easy to be honest. Green is way bigger than you think it would be. Should not miss that hitting a pitching wedge.

12 at Augusta primarily because it is played during a major round so there is that added pressure.

#17 at Sawgrass is the tougher par 3. Your first putt is either going to be for birdie or bogey, your short game can't help you get away with a bad tee shot.

12th at Augusta, followed by 17th at Quail, then Sawgrass.

Wind swirls and gets to the guys at the 12th. They’re never committed.

Quail Hollow, it’s just a grown man par 3, but room to miss right and have a chance at an up and down.

17th at Sawgrass isn’t as hard for these guys when the wind is steady. Blustery will change that, but it’s not often swirling, since it’s not masked by trees or anything of the sort.

Tougher for me or for the pros?

For me, longer par 3s are always tougher because of my tendency to overswing.

#12 at Augusta. Even with the pressure, the wind, and everything else, I think the shape of the green helps make it a more difficult hole.

I think #12 at Augusta. The wind seems to always be a factor.

#12 at Augusta, depending on pin location it makes it hard to attack you have to use the slope of the green and then add in some swirling winds and bam!!!

#12 at Augusta. Even with the pressure, the wind, and everything else, I think the shape of the green helps make it a more difficult hole.

This is my thinking as well. It has vexed the best in the world each year.

This is my thinking as well. It has vexed the best in the world each year.

I just think that those other two you listed have more landing areas on the green. This green always reminds me of #17 at Pebble, only shrunken, narrower, and tilts the opposite direction.

I just think that those other two you listed have more landing areas on the green. This green always reminds me of #17 at Pebble, only shrunken, narrower, and tilts the opposite direction.

Solid comparison right there.

I’d say Sawgrass as it’s a head****!

#FiberLaunch

Under Master's week conditions it has to be #12 at Augusta. The swirling winds often fool the best players in the world. I also think that most golfers can't imagine what it's like to hit an approach or putt on firm bent grass greens rolling at 13+.

I liken the 17th at Quail to the 16th at Augusta. Tough holes in their own ways, but there's a miss that's playable off to the right.

17 at Sawgrass has to be brutal mentally when looking at it, but I'd say the players (for the most part) have wind knowledge that will apply to the shot. Hit on the left side of the green high with a wedge and deal with whatever comes next.

The 12th at Augusta though... Seems like it's one of those holes that when you step on the tee box, the wind looks like a compass in the bermuda triangle.. Always circling, causing confusion, and fear. I've watched a ton of coverage over the last few weeks, and it seems like a large number of players don't even try to go for the pin on the right side of the green, conceding to the left side bailout. For a hole that's so short, it humbles a great number of those attempting to play it.

Great question.

This is tough. For me, its between Sawgrass #17 or Augusta #12. I give the edge to Sawgrass #17 because if you miss, you are already hitting 3.

Back