Golf Digest Video - How Alcohol Affects Your Golf Game

TeedUpThoughts

#TeamNE
Reaction score
Handicap
< Last Yr!
I know this has been debated on here before, but this is an interesting video/analysis of 4 hackers and the effects of alcohol on our game: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=c84Lg33iXZE

I do enjoy a beverage or 2 during a casual round, but found it interesting to watch the affects in a controlled environment.

PBR? The high capper was improving until beers 5 and 6 so I guess he just needed to take a little edge off. Would have loved to have seen the driver dispersion numbers as the drinks increased..lol.

"Why don't we shotgun the next one" LOL

Interesting the scratch players stayed the same if not better by the 8th beer! @mikeg_74 calls it my #GoGoJuice Proven!

"We going to Arby's!" LOL

"Why don't we shotgun the next one" LOL

Interesting the scratch players stayed the same if not better by the 8th beer! @mikeg_74 calls it my #GoGoJuice Proven!

"We going to Arby's!" LOL

The pressure of stepping up to 18 holes with me gets you every time. I think one of these days you will relax and play golf, but by hole three and the second skulled wedge across the green, I have the cart girl on speed dial for GO GO Juice #1.

Works every time.

I volunteer to be a tester the next time they do this experiment

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

The pressure of stepping up to 18 holes with me gets you every time. I think one of these days you will relax and play golf, but by hole three and the second skulled wedge across the green, I have the cart girl on speed dial for GO GO Juice #1.

Works every time.

Might also be that I don't warm up anymore heading to the 1st tee. LOL.

Might also be that I don't warm up anymore heading to the 1st tee. LOL.

Meh... I like my explanation better.

They should have used Fireball instead of beer. It doesn't fill you up as much and your breath is cinnamony fresh !

Moral of the story.....DRINK UP!!!

so basically the high capper should be drinking on his way to the course lol

Also that handicap of 20+ definitely has an emphasis on the + part

this was fun to watch and a good strategy for when im at a THP event.

Yeah, that guy is more like a 30+, he can barely hit the ball.

I think better players can do it and be fine, but those that struggle often and really want to play better should avoid it, maybe 1-2 doesn't hurt but anything more and you'll probably play worse.

I stopped years ago and it helped my game staying sober, I prefer to have a few after.

Not nearly as bad as I expected. Time to have a drink or 2!

New THP motto: We're going to Arby's!!!

Moral of the story.....DRINK UP!!!

That’s exactly my take-away!

I’m not drinking enough apparently

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Should have used this strategy back in December. Squeezed out a few extra points me thinks.

We also forgot the Arbys...

I think I was most surprised that sober they all hit 3/5 putts, with such varying handicaps and short game/putting being so important and a focus for all golfers, I didn't expect that type of consistency.

All in all a very entertaining video, I was super surprised by some of the results, increases or decreases.

They should have used Fireball instead of beer. It doesn't fill you up as much and your breath is cinnamony fresh !
Until your puking it up! Then it's cinnamony and Puke smelling.

Sent from my Note 8 using Tapatalk

Back