What should I do to celebrate my 5 year golfing anniversary?

As a woman, I think the spa option is the best. Most resorts have excellent (and expensive) spas attached to them. If you decide to take the Vegas option you can get reasonably prices rooms at Caesar's and they have a great spa and the Forum Shops are right there too.

I should add to this by saying: I had really no intention of inviting my wife to this celebration. That way I can keep it strictly golf. If she wants to come, that's fine, but it's a golf trip.

I should add to this by saying: I had really no intention of inviting my wife to this celebration. That way I can keep it strictly golf. If she wants to come, that's fine, but it's a golf trip.

As it should be, my friend. Don't get me wrong, sometimes we have to compromise with the spouse to get things we want and other times it's about me. Get over it. There have been several things that my wife has been able to do that I couldn't due to scheduling, finances, etc. It sucks but it's life. She'll be traveling to Minnesota later this year to visit he mom and her sister for a week blowing our money the entire trip. I'm not complaining. Go for it. I'm happy you get to do that. You NEED to do that. But make no mistake, I WILL be taking a golf trip (at least one) this year. It doesn't need to be exotic. Hell, I wouldn't mind loading up my truck and driving 8-10 hours to tee it up with a fellow forumite for a couple of days. Maybe Colorado (I'm looking at you @EaglevsFalcon haha). Maybe San Diego? Utah? New Mexico? We've got guys from all over the place. Hell maybe I just drive back down here to the valley and tee it up with @fupresti or@AZRhode. It doesn't matter. The point is that we need our own time sometimes.

Like you said, if she wants to tag along, fine, but it's about golf. Period.

As it should be, my friend. Don't get me wrong, sometimes we have to compromise with the spouse to get things we want and other times it's about me. Get over it. There have been several things that my wife has been able to do that I couldn't due to scheduling, finances, etc. It sucks but it's life. She'll be traveling to Minnesota later this year to visit he mom and her sister for a week blowing our money the entire trip. I'm not complaining. Go for it. I'm happy you get to do that. You NEED to do that. But make no mistake, I WILL be taking a golf trip (at least one) this year. It doesn't need to be exotic. Hell, I wouldn't mind loading up my truck and driving 8-10 hours to tee it up with a fellow forumite for a couple of days. Maybe Colorado (I'm looking at you @EaglevsFalcon haha). Maybe San Diego? Utah? New Mexico? We've got guys from all over the place. Hell maybe I just drive back down here to the valley and tee it up with @fupresti or@AZRhode. It doesn't matter. The point is that we need our own time sometimes.

Like you said, if she wants to tag along, fine, but it's about golf. Period.
Come on out, man! I'm always down to host a round with a THPer! You'll really dig the course, and as a former super, you'll be amazed at what they pull off with a 4 man crew.

Come on out, man! I'm always down to host a round with a THPer! You'll really dig the course, and as a former super, you'll be amazed at what they pull off with a 4 man crew.

Nice brother. Carbondale is a 9 hour drive from where I'm at. That's a cakewalk. I'd definitely stay for a couple of days and put some serious freaking holes in.

I LOVE courses run by small crews. At that point it's a labor of love and teamwork. Because it sure as hell ain't the money. LOL.

Nice brother. Carbondale is a 9 hour drive from where I'm at. That's a cakewalk. I'd definitely stay for a couple of days and put some serious freaking holes in.

I LOVE courses run by small crews. At that point it's a labor of love and teamwork. Because it sure as hell ain't the money. LOL.
That's not too bad. I'm actually in Glenwood Springs now, which would save you 20 minutes lol.

You could actually tour your way here. There are some killer red rock desert courses in St George, UT, hit Redlands Mesa and/or Devil's Thumb in Grand Junction, CO, then my home course Ironbridge in Glenwood Springs.

That's not too bad. I'm actually in Glenwood Springs now, which would save you 20 minutes lol.

You could actually tour your way here. There are some killer red rock desert courses in St George, UT, hit Redlands Mesa and/or Devil's Thumb in Grand Junction, CO, then my home course Ironbridge in Glenwood Springs.

Ah, Grand Junction. When I was on the road with my band Grand Junction was in the rotation. I think the name of the club was In Kahootz. I met a good traveling band that I think was from there too. they were called Caught in the Act. Good times.

Back