The Official Rant of the Day

Status
Not open for further replies.
Another injury just a week after my sprained ankle was fixed. Oh my......
4465c0013345c6bc92e8726ccc6e3679.jpg
. It hurts to even put on the shoe.

Sent from my SM-G900W8 using Tapatalk

Can't be good to be in so much pain that when you take a deep breath it puts you on your knees. I don't have time to have back problem now.

Damn dude, you have not had good luck with your ankles. Do you have a weak joint there or something? Worth asking your doctor about, because it sounds like it keeps cropping back up.

Damn dude, you have not had good luck with your ankles. Do you have a weak joint there or something? Worth asking your doctor about, because it sounds like it keeps cropping back up.
As I'm working with heavy equipment it's very tough to avoid . Injuries are very high right now as things are super busy . It's a tough situation to be in,but I don't let me slow me down too much. Back to work tonight.
Can't be good to be in so much pain that when you take a deep breath it puts you on your knees. I don't have time to have back problem now.
I had back surgery earlier this year,thankfully that problem does not hurt me often. But the ankle is another story .

As I'm working with heavy equipment it's very tough to avoid . Injuries are very high right now as things are super busy . It's a tough situation to be in,but I don't let me slow me down too much. Back to work tonight.

I had back surgery earlier this year,thankfully that problem does not hurt me often. But the ankle is another story .

I hope surgery isn't in my future that's for sure.

Both of take care of yourselves would you

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

No time like the holidays for deep rooted family issues to start showing their face again.... Tis the season
8332902d3a202a90b4f3bad06d58bfcb.jpg

Sent from my SM-N910T using Tapatalk

Both of take care of yourselves would you

I hope for both our sakes, the worst is over. Not fun to be sidelined for sure.
I hope surgery isn't in my future that's for sure.
When I had mine, I admit I was scared. It wasn't as bad as I once thought. I hope you do not have to go through the same path as mine.

The day before a holiday, everybody tries to drive at the same time and that turns people into a**holes on the road. Freaking people. Rant over.

The Official Rant of the Day

Doing a full brake job on my truck it's never had the rotors off and it's 9yrs old and I'm at work and can't drink FML

Inside of front rotor
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1448510548.576312.jpg

What it took to get them off

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1448510573.242708.jpg

Last edited:
Somehow we've lost the locking lug key for our truck. Bah, I've never had to deal with this before.

Somehow we've lost the locking lug key for our truck. Bah, I've never had to deal with this before.
The dealer should have it. ;)

Sent from my Nexus 5X using Tapatalk

Heat crapped out again. Father in law just left, can't get it back on. About to start a convoy to move all the food over to the in-laws house and have the family there instead. I'm ticked off that this is happening, this makes a dead water tank on Memorial Day, a dead dishwasher on Columbus Day, and now no heat on Thanksgiving.

What's going to happen at Christmas???????

Group texts are the worst thing ever. Ever ever ever. And you can't opt out. Ugh.

I need to just block them through my carrier.
+1 on this. It doesn't happen all that often to me, but when they start up, it seems like they go forever. Luckily there is an off button for the phone.

Group texts are the worst thing ever. Ever ever ever. And you can't opt out. Ugh.

I need to just block them through my carrier.

Haha! So much yes to this. Especially when there are about 5 people carrying on a conversation. I'm not participating......take the hint!

JM

Doing a full brake job on my truck it's never had the rotors off and it's 9yrs old and I'm at work and can't drink FML

Inside of front rotor
View attachment 22664

What it took to get them off

View attachment 22665

I hope you painted the new rotors so they come off a little easier next time.

My last vehicle had a wheel beating go bad. I had to pull the knuckle and take it to a shop (after spending basically the entire night trying to avoid that). First place couldn't press it out so I would up taking it to a shop with a 50 ton press. They did manage to get the bearing out. Total cost: $15. Left happy and smacking my head at the same time.

Hmmm, I've never seen one of this tools in my mechanics shop.

Only available at some of your local firehouse mechanic shops

I hope you painted the new rotors so they come off a little easier next time.

My last vehicle had a wheel beating go bad. I had to pull the knuckle and take it to a shop (after spending basically the entire night trying to avoid that). First place couldn't press it out so I would up taking it to a shop with a 50 ton press. They did manage to get the bearing out. Total cost: $15. Left happy and smacking my head at the same time.

I should have but didn't if these last another 9yrs they'll be someone else's problem then.

I've had some fun with a bench vise pushing out u-joints at the station used a very very long cheater bar. Somethings can be very stubborn to press out with the wrong tools.

Home repairs today. Was going to take kiddo to daycare so we could do them uninterrupted. Wife said to have her mom watch Nick. Ok, sure ...

Walk into house and ask where kiddo is ... MiL had no clue. Nick is out in the back playing with the dogs. MiL thought it was funny, I'm not amused.

My brother-in-law called Sunday, he was in the hospital and had fallen. He is in poor health (72) with cancer. He has had several forms of cancer over the years, kidney, bladder, colon. Testing has found he now has 6 tumors on the brain. He is talking as though the prognosis is not very good and has hinted he may not make it to Christmas. My wife is very upset but stoic. She is looking for things to send him that will get there early for Christmas. She has decided on gourmet pancake mixes (something he can enjoy) but is balking at adding pure maple syrup because he has diabetes. There seems to be a bit of bittersweet irony here.

Sent from my VS985 4G using Tapatalk
Just now seeing this. Sorry to hear. Similar story with my dad. He was in his last month with cancer and I was visiting him from MD.

We were going to lunch and he asked if we could go to Pancake House so he could get a stack. He said my stepmom had refused to make them for him due to him having high cholesterol WTF!!

I have never seen someone enjoy as much as he did those pancakes. It made me so happy and so pissed at the same time.

Thoughts and Prayers to your family.

Sent from my LG-D850 using Tapatalk

You can often pound a socket on to the locking lug nut (has never failed me) and remove it that way. Assuming it's for one wheel/one lug nut you'll only be out the lug nut/socket for replacement.

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

You can often pound a socket on to the locking lug nut (has never failed me) and remove it that way. Assuming it's for one wheel/one lug nut you'll only be out the lug nut/socket for replacement.

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk
Turns out you can just buy whatever key you want online so I'm never going to bother with these stupid things again.

Viewing tonight for my first fire chief and the father of two guys I grew up with.

Not gonna be a good evening at all, but I'm torn do I wear class A's or a suit?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back