KBS Tour FLTD Preview

Nothing I've seen yet buddy, I'll hunt around though.
I really need to expand my horizons on iron shafts. I've only ever played the s300 and dg pro s300 which weren't all that different for me just a tad higher flight with the pros. I need to do a shaft fitting and spend some time with KBS.

We are excited about this shaft.....it has received a lot of positive feedback on tour. Signature KBS feel with with constant weight profile, premium launch conditions through out your iron set make up.

We will be out at the PGA show this year if you are in the area please come say Hi and try the new shaft.

I love my Tours but this is a serious ponder. Seems like it would be a good Suiter for my game

Sent from my SM-G900W8 using Tapatalk

These are headed in for a homepage review so there should be pics/info going up by the end of this week.

I'd like to get a jump on things and if there are ANY things anyone would like me to really hone in on with this one in terms of answering questions, feel free to start posting them up we can get started as soon as they come in.

These are headed in for a homepage review so there should be pics/info going up by the end of this week.

I'd like to get a jump on things and if there are ANY things anyone would like me to really hone in on with this one in terms of answering questions, feel free to start posting them up we can get started as soon as they come in.

This is awesome! Can't wait to hear your thoughts.

1. How does compare feel wise to KBS Tour V

2. How is the flight characteristics compared to current KBS tour line

3. How do they compare feel and launch wise to other Flighted sets (PX, DG Pro, etc)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Maybe this question isnt right for this thread but for reviews in general, but do you struggle at all with all the different shafts you test out?

what other flighted shafts have you tried, and how do these compare?

Maybe this question isnt right for this thread but for reviews in general, but do you struggle at all with all the different shafts you test out?

Nah, I can play anything honestly. Its not about if they fit me personally, its about if they do what they claim. With shafts, thanks to the ability to put them all on monitor and compare/contrast the data, its pretty easy to see if they hit on their targets or not.

Nah, I can play anything honestly. Its not about if they fit me personally, its about if they do what they claim. With shafts, thanks to the ability to put them all on monitor and compare/contrast the data, its pretty easy to see if they hit on their targets or not.

That right there is why you do what you do. That's the hardest part of shaft testing I think. Playing a shaft and giving an unbiased opinion on what the shafts are designed to do vs what the dry for you personally

I'd be most interested in any perceived difference in feel throughout the set. Do the 4i and PW feel like you're swinging clubs with different profiles, or just different "flavors" of the same club? I'm a fan of the DG Pros, but to me swinging a 4/5i after swinging one of the short irons has quite a different feel. The 4i has much more of a kick through the swing - not a bad thing, but just interested in the comparison.

I'd be most interested in any perceived difference in feel throughout the set. Do the 4i and PW feel like you're swinging clubs with different profiles, or just different "flavors" of the same club? I'm a fan of the DG Pros, but to me swinging a 4/5i after swinging one of the short irons has quite a different feel. The 4i has much more of a kick through the swing - not a bad thing, but just interested in the comparison.

I'll def keep an eye on this, I know EXACTLY what you mean about the DG Pro's since I gamed and reviewed them a long while, I think the big key here will be these being more flighted oriented and not progressive oriented.

I've got about 3 holes worth of experience with KBS FLTD and while the shafts definitely felt good on the swings I took, it was definitely not enough to know either way if I'll like them or not. I will say I liked the ball flight I got on my scoring irons has compared to the true temper DGs300 I had in before

I'll def keep an eye on this, I know EXACTLY what you mean about the DG Pro's since I gamed and reviewed them a long while, I think the big key here will be these being more flighted oriented and not progressive oriented.

Thanks - I'm really interested in these. I love the KBS tours, but feel like I could use a bit more height in the long irons. Something I've been thinking about a lot lately going into the bag/gap analysis I'm doing with my instructor.

Also, because I know it will interest some, these are going to be installed into Wilson-Staff FG Tour F5's.

From the press release:

The KBS TOUR FLTD is a Tour influenced shaft to fit the broadest range of players, from the Amateur Golfer, to a Tour Professional.
"The KBS FLTD Series Shaft will be the first ever produced shaft designed to fit the broadest range of players and get immediate successful results, period." - Kim Braly
Ranging from amateur players to professional players, everyone that is ready to "Fly" the ball better,

These are some pretty big claims. I'd be curious if you get "immediate successful results" and if you do think the shaft fits a broad spectrum of players. And if it does, why does it?

Also curious to see if the KBS flighted technology is different than anyone else's flighted technology.

From the press release:

The KBS TOUR FLTD is a Tour influenced shaft to fit the broadest range of players, from the Amateur Golfer, to a Tour Professional.
"The KBS FLTD Series Shaft will be the first ever produced shaft designed to fit the broadest range of players and get immediate successful results, period." - Kim Braly
Ranging from amateur players to professional players, everyone that is ready to "Fly" the ball better,

These are some pretty big claims. I'd be curious if you get "immediate successful results" and if you do think the shaft fits a broad spectrum of players. And if it does, why does it?

Also curious to see if the KBS flighted technology is different than anyone else's flighted technology.

I think the biggest thing that will be seen with the bolded is the "KBS Feel", which is a bigger deal than most will realize. After all, prior to KBS no one talked about feel in an iron shaft because it brought that trait to the table for the first time.

These came in from HQ today to get prepped for review, and it's going to a truly fun one as we have the 120's, 125's, and the 130's in for review. I'll get pics up soon and will be installing them all after the holiday.

can't wait to see what you think of them.

Look forward to your thoughts.

Can't wait to hear about these Jman.

Last edited:
Seems to be following a small trend. Looking forward to yours thoughts, Jman.

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk

These are going to be tested in W/S FG Tour F5's for sure. Should be a pretty ideal pairing for me to truly see the flighted traits of the set.

Back