2015 Weight Loss and Nutrition Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
I didn't eat the best in Austin this week.. Too much good food, but I hit the gym hard everyday and played golf and am down 1.6 halfway through this week. Would love to get it to 2.5 or so by Monday and then I will be really close to 60 total

I have been chatting with a member here helping him with his journey to become healthier. Those of you that know me, know that I do not believe is fad diets and products but believe in keeping things with in reason, and on the journey remember to win the war not the battle.
Here is a picture on my 40th b day (almost 8 years ago)
c6a65c3b07dca8cc9fe22625e93fe003.jpg

Here is a picture last week.
91f4b462be9b4e1b1afe0c649bef730f.jpg

My point in posting this is, to say if I can do it anybody can. And to show that slow n steady beats crash and burn every time.
It's amazing how much better you can feel at 47 years old than you did at 40 years old.

Sent from my VS986 using Tapatalk

Thats awesome Shane! How much have you lost in total? I agree 100% in slow and steady. I have been 2-3 pounds every week for awhile, and down 55+ pounds I feel so much better

Thats awesome Shane! How much have you lost in total? I agree 100% in slow and steady. I have been 2-3 pounds every week for awhile, and down 55+ pounds I feel so much better
In the first pic I was 210 lbs and wearing 40 inch waist jeans. Today I am 175 and wear 30 inch waist jeans.
I am 35 lbs less but I have lost about 50 lbs of fat.

I am so proud of you. I promise you will continue to feel better and better

In the first pic I was 210 lbs and wearing 40 inch waist jeans. Today I am 175 and wear 30 inch waist jeans.
I am 35 lbs less but I have lost about 50 lbs of fat.

Give everyone here like your biggest tips for all of this. Just general stuff.

My biggest tip is this.........Make sure you enjoy life. What I mean is when you are craving a pizza, pick a friday night and have a pizza. Just keep it all within reason.

Drop all the sugary drinks, just by dropping Mtn Dew and Dr Pepper and switching my starbucks order to skinny latte I dropped fat fast just from those simple things.

Exercise.....and start slowly!!!!!!! Dont get caught up in the lift hard or go home crap, this is not a testosterone contest, its about being healthy not who has the biggest biceps in the mirror!!!

Another bonus I got was, I was borderline diabetic before I started being healthy, now my Blood sugar is great.

Give everyone here like your biggest tips for all of this. Just general stuff.

Love it dude. I am the same way. I LOVE Torchy's Tacos in Austin. Was there this week for work, and ate it. Didn't think twice. It has to be a lifestyle change, not just a crash diet. I workout 6 days a week, and to me there is nothing better than someone saying, man you look good.

Just had someone in the break room say they don't even recognize me

Love it dude. I am the same way. I LOVE Torchy's Tacos in Austin. Was there this week for work, and ate it. Didn't think twice. It has to be a lifestyle change, not just a crash diet. I workout 6 days a week, and to me there is nothing better than someone saying, man you look good.

Just had someone in the break room say they don't even recognize me
And imagine how much better you will feel during softball season next spring :)

My biggest tip is this.........Make sure you enjoy life. What I mean is when you are craving a pizza, pick a friday night and have a pizza. Just keep it all within reason.

Drop all the sugary drinks, just by dropping Mtn Dew and Dr Pepper and switching my starbucks order to skinny latte I dropped fat fast just from those simple things.

Exercise.....and start slowly!!!!!!! Dont get caught up in the lift hard or go home crap, this is not a testosterone contest, its about being healthy not who has the biggest biceps in the mirror!!!

Another bonus I got was, I was borderline diabetic before I started being healthy, now my Blood sugar is great.

First of all congrats that is a fantastic story!

I agree with all your tips, and I would add, know your body ... its a life style change ...

Diet has dual meaning unfortunately ... some folks think it is 6-8 week limiting yourself ... when in fact, it is what you eat every day ... change your every day diet to something that is sustainable for you ... put some exercise into your weekly schedule ... things just happen like magic ...

I lost 25 pounds 3 years ago ... and have keep them off, dropping "dieting" and working on my daily "diet" and exercise!

First of all congrats that is a fantastic story!

I agree with all your tips, and I would add, know your body ... its a life style change ...

Diet has dual meaning unfortunately ... some folks think it is 6-8 week limiting yourself ... when in fact, it is what you eat every day ... change your every day diet to something that is sustainable for you ... put some exercise into your weekly schedule ... things just happen like magic ...

I lost 25 pounds 3 years ago ... and have keep them off, dropping "dieting" and working on my daily "diet" and exercise!
That is awesome Ken.I look forward to meeting you at club clash

My Orange Theory class for today is done! I was practically falling asleep in the waiting room before the class started, yet someone managed to push it the entire time I was in class. Now I need a shower and a nap!

I burned 688 calories. It was a small class today and I burned the most calories by 1. Sadly, that also meant that once again I was the most out of shape person in the class. That's ok though, I know over time I will make progress. Now if I could just get the eating under control I might actually have a chance at this weight loss thing.

(You sound like my daughter after a class)

As a orange theory guy, what that means to me, is you are exercising and giving it all you had for that class ... you are taking advantage of the 60 minutes and you are making positive healthy steps! I say way to go! Be very proud!

What are your typical numbers in the orange zone and/or red zones?

I tell my daughter all the time ... its not a competition, know your numbers, and set goals/objective base on your numbers ... your number is the only one that matters on that board. She looks at mine, because I am close to twice her age, her heart would have beat 20 mores times a minute to be in the same target zone ... its not even a fair comparison.

Congrats on 688!!

I did my first tornado today at OT ... I put up some big numbers ... it is constant movement. I enjoyed it, and will definitely do it again! I am really sore right now though.

Tornado?

Sent from my Nexus 5X using Tapatalk

I did my first tornado today at OT ... I put up some big numbers ... it is constant movement. I enjoyed it, and will definitely do it again! I am really sore right now though.

I was wondering what the tornado class was all about. Can you explain it a little more?

Back to eating clean and exercising this week. Lost 6 lbs.

I was wondering what the tornado class was all about. Can you explain it a little more?

About every two minutes you switch areas ... treadmill - weight - rower ... fast paced ... it was a fun addition.

Just found out Mrs G lost 2 inches from our 21 day vegan diet in August and subsequent healthier eating habits since. She hadn't talked about it previously but I'm proud of her. She's got the same problem I do; none of our existing clothes fit properly!

Just found out Mrs G lost 2 inches from our 21 day vegan diet in August and subsequent healthier eating habits since. She hadn't talked about it previously but I'm proud of her. She's got the same problem I do; none of our existing clothes fit properly!

I can relate. Good problem to have though

Sounds like a fun problem. :D

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back