What Prizes Would Get You Excited For Closest To The Pin Holes

What Prizes Would Get You Excited For Closest To The Pin Holes

• Total voters
Cash $$$$$ is, and always will be KING!

I like the idea of a staff bag, they're not inexpensive and have would be a great conversation piece.

I voted other and then I saw multiple choice...staff bag would have been my choice of all those listed. GoPro, cash, some hot ticket tech item.

Tadashi or others who might know better from experience can chime in. But my pro says you should give the opposite of the contest. If someone wins long drive, then they most likely have a driver that they are very happy with and same for closest to the pin, while it's not a short game shot, if someone wins it, they are probably happy with the irons, but might be interested in a driver.

I know there is no one best answer, but that's why I wanted to get a variety of thoughts....thanks so much!!

Rob, I voted for staff bag. I think that is a really need idea. Or maybe like someone suggested a den caddie bag with a dozen or 2 dozen quality golf balls.

I quoted this post because I agree with it. If I ever won a long drive or closest to the pin the last thing I would want to replace is what I just won the competition with.

I voted "other".

I think THP should have a special forum tag for those that get them in THP events.

#ThatIsAllIWant

Do have to say thank you for this thread. My wife is working on the finishing touches for the annual Spouse's Club Scramble this spring, and this has given her something to think about for the Closest to the Pin and Long Drive prizes.

I won a Clic Gear 2/0 cart a couple of years ago in a closest to the pin contest. I was pretty excited about that and considering I don't win much of anything with my golfing talent, I'm pretty exceited about anything in that poll.

I used to win long drive , back in the day, no way would I want another driver to replace the one I just hit it long with, same with closest to pin, keeping the irons that got me close....however........

.......if it is a THP event...I think a GOLDEN TICKET would be a nice prize to take home....but that is just me....lol

From those choices, driver is the best option to me. Holds the most value and easy enough to sell if you didn't like it.

Other than that, pro shop credit as good to pick out what you want.

If the budget is ~300, I like the rangefinder idea a lot. I don't know if "regular" golfers would be into the staff bag as much as some of us would, but I would take it!

It seems that more information is needed. I wold expect a premium driver to be worth more that a premium shirt.

If all are of equal value, cash is king.
It is. I should have said 300 in general.

Budgets are different.

Sent from my LG-D850 using Tapatalk

Is there an issue of a cash prize and maintaining amateur status? I have no idea, but I there there were some guidelines on that.

I voted for the Staff Bag, I think that would be the coolest since driver is more of a personal choice (setup/oem etc), shirts & balls & proshop credits we get all the time

Is there an issue of a cash prize and maintaining amateur status? I have no idea, but I there there were some guidelines on that.

Under $1000 not counting HOIs

I think the limit is something like $750. But I know it's more than, $300.

I don't think we'd ever do cash. A gift certificate but not cash.

Sent from my LG-D850 using Tapatalk

I'm going with Staff bag or store credit. I'm never disappointed with gift card and choosing exactly what I want.

lap dances

Can't go wrong with credit.

Sent from my SM-G925W8 using Tapatalk

lap dances

Didn't know that was one of the options. Lap dances at a sausage fest are no bueno for this guy though. But hey whatever floats your boat.

Things get interesting when a scramble tournaments have strippers working it.

Back