Clash of Clans for iPad/IPhone...

It's been far and few between. Curious if people have changed their bases up with the update looming?

No doubt they do. The ones who don't on release day though, hello loot gains

This update isnt as bad as people think. Barch isnt dead since most barch is usually for collectors only anyways and those wont move. I have been doing my farming in masters 3 running off snipes making 75-100k a day so yes I will miss that. My heroes are 27/28 and There is no chance im going to th10 without being fully maxed. The introduction of th11, unbalanced th10 and the loot penalty for th10 are bad enough already. There is no way im going to put myself at a disadvantage from the start, especially since the 9.5 concept is dead after the last update. What we know in this update will open up alot more loot into the game and make it available to us.

Why is the .5 concept dead? I know things were tweaked some but didn't hear anything about it being dead.

I'm jealous of the sniping, I've found nada the past two days

It's been far and few between. Curious if people have changed their bases up with the update looming?

Higher you get the rarer snipes become.

No doubt they do. The ones who don't on release day though, hello loot gains
Wouldnt keeping your TH on the outside still make sense though?

Negative. Your TH now holds a crap ton of loot, and just because I blow it up doesn't mean you get a 12hr shield. So basically, you could get crushed repeatedly until someone decides to finally star your base

It's not good because it now counts as a storage. You're giving up gold/elixir/de without getting the shield.

I'm gonna put all collectors, builder huts, labs, spell bowls, camps, and barracks in a corner and give up the 30% for my shield. I'm on enough that my collectors wont ever be too full.

Negative. Your TH now holds a crap ton of loot, and just because I blow it up doesn't mean you get a 12hr shield. So basically, you could get crushed repeatedly until someone decides to finally star your base
Ah, that's right. Now it holds loot. Forgot about that.

I'm gonna put all collectors, builder huts, labs, spell bowls, camps, and barracks in a corner and give up the 30% for my shield. I'm on enough that my collectors wont ever be too full.

Not a bad thought. It's rare I haven't emptied my collectors at least by the shield ending warning 30min prior.

That's a solid plan, there. Might have to do the same.

Only problem with this idea is now they have an easy 30% on the road to the 50% they need for the league bonus. This is assuming your remain in a higher league, but I forsee many hardcore farmers dropping to silver/gold so even that may not keep you safe.

Only problem with this idea is now they have an easy 30% on the road to the 50% they need for the league bonus. This is assuming your remain in a higher league, but I forsee many hardcore farmers dropping to silver/gold so even that may not keep you safe.

I figure my voyage to Masters is not long.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Usually all it takes is for some max 10 to come through and wreck my base sideways for me to immediately drop 500 trophies

Enjoy it for the next 10-12 days and then head back down to silver and see what happens

Enjoy it for the next 10-12 days and then head back down to silver and see what happens

Time to rethink my home base too, dude.

I know it makes me crazy when i look at ur base

Sent from my LG-H811 using Tapatalk

I know it makes me crazy when i look at ur base

Hahaha.

Sorry dude.

I'm so terrible at re-arming my traps

Why is the .5 concept dead? I know things were tweaked some but didn't hear anything about it being dead

.5 is dead because of the change to hero and wall weighting. In the clan right now we have 2 th10s, one is almost maxed defense, one is basically a th9 defensively with infernos. The max defense th10 has low 20s heroes and level 9 walls. The th9 defensively has almost max heroes and almost max walls. The th9 defensively is weighted quite a bit more that the max defense th10.

It would not be a suprise to see you go to 9.5 but drop your infernos and wind up matched in war with my almost totally maxed th9, because the weights would be almost the same. Prior to the last update this wasnt the case. Walls and heroes weighed very little so it was easier to capitalize on that. This is not to say that .5 isnt the smart way to transition to a new TH level because it is, just saying that attempting to capitalize on matching with it doesnt work anymore, which is why there is no way I will ever upgrade my TH without being 100% maxed out anymore.

Hahaha.

Sorry dude.

I'm so terrible at re-arming my traps

Hey, its ur loot lol. Its a 1 button click to rearm them all...

Hey, its ur loot lol. Its a 1 button click to rearm them all...

I know I know. I'll quit being lazy

.5 is dead because of the change to hero and wall weighting. In the clan right now we have 2 th10s, one is almost maxed defense, one is basically a th9 defensively with infernos. The max defense th10 has low 20s heroes and level 9 walls. The th9 defensively has almost max heroes and almost max walls. The th9 defensively is weighted quite a bit more that the max defense th10.

It would not be a suprise to see you go to 9.5 but drop your infernos and wind up matched in war with my almost totally maxed th9, because the weights would be almost the same. Prior to the last update this wasnt the case. Walls and heroes weighed very little so it was easier to capitalize on that. This is not to say that .5 isnt the smart way to transition to a new TH level because it is, just saying that attempting to capitalize on matching with it doesnt work anymore, which is why there is no way I will ever upgrade my TH without being 100% maxed out anymore.

Not sure I'm following this scenario. At 9.5 I wouldn't have infernos so the comparison is a bit confusing. I planned on going at lvl 9 walls and 20/20 heroes but walls outran my heroes and they're 17/15. If I move I'm obviously not dropping infernos, or any other D other than traps, while I continue with lab work and hero upgrades. I wouldn't think I'd jump our lowest th10 even though it is rushed with lower heroes just because of the infernos.

Not sure I'm following this scenario. At 9.5 I wouldn't have infernos so the comparison is a bit confusing. I planned on going at lvl 9 walls and 20/20 heroes but walls outran my heroes and they're 17/15. If I move I'm obviously not dropping infernos, or any other D other than traps, while I continue with lab work and hero upgrades. I wouldn't think I'd jump our lowest th10 even though it is rushed with lower heroes just because of the infernos.
Infernos only have so much weight. Just like max wizard towers at th9 weigh more than max xbows. If my th9 was fully maxed and i went to th10 i would probably be above your lowest 10 because of my heroes and walls. It is obviously your account and you can play it how you want but there is no way I would go to th10 with 20/20 heroes. Its super hard to be effective against th10s with heroes that low. I rushed my first account to th10 and have spent the laat 6 months regretting it trying to catch it up. I now have 36/40 heroes and its night and day the difference. The th10 game is super unbalanced already no reason to handicap yourself on purpose.

Dark spell donations and seeing what's already in cc is nice.

Guess I'm looking at update differently.. I think barch is going to be awesome after update.. More THs on the inside mean more drills/collectors on the outside.. I don't barch for trophies/ or loot bonus just collector raiding. Right now I'm farming in champs but expect to be dropping to silver very soon

Back