Strokes needed to beat a PGA Pro?

I'd take 40 and I still have my doubts.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

7000 yards... Stroke play 10 strokes would make it fair. Match Play... 14 strokes...

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I actually know the answer. It is 36 if I play well.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Does internet golfing count for nothing here haha, j/k.

For me 30-40 and i could give him a run on 9 holes maybe.

7000 yards? I'm gonna need 40.

Situation: Matchplay
Tees: Playing from the tips
Opponent: Any PGA Tour player
Question: How many strokes would you need to win the match?

I doubt I'd have a chance no matter strokes given. World class pro's play a game we know nothing about. I'd even give myself zero chance of beating an LPGA player either.

I'd need 30+ strokes to even get close.

I'd even give myself zero chance of beating an LPGA player either.
I followed a couple Symetra ladies around for two tournaments in Vidalia, GA and the two ladies I followed the most had serious freaking game. Neither of them made it and are now doing something else. I couldn't have touched them with a 20 stroke advantage. Forget about an LPGA player. Holy crap. I was flat out amazed the time I went to Prattville and followed even some of the lower tier ladies (Sara Brown, for one).

3 to 4 strokes a side

6 strokes would at least make it interesting.

LPGA. They play from the blues. I get to play from my tees. I'd need 26 strokes. They'd shoot a 65 on the course without breaking a sweat. I'd have to hope that my higher score came on a single blow up hole and not spread around evenly. Spotting me 26 strokes, they'd have Dormie on 16 and win on 17.

I think people are overlooking the part where we play from the tips. That turns my home course into a 7200 yard monster for mere mortals...and that's a short course for Tour players.

Last edited:
I think people are overlooking the part where we play from the tips thing. That turns my home course into a 7200 yard monster for mere mortals...and that's a short course for Tour players.
I agree. This thread is full of delusions of grandeur. Pin set ups would be brutal too, I'm sure.

Easily 30 to 40 strokes. Depending on the course I think the only part I would look forward to are the par 3's. I'd have to take advantage there to even stand a chance.

I think people are overlooking the part where we play from the tips. That turns my home course into a 7200 yard monster for mere mortals...and that's a short course for Tour players.
I keep thinking the same thing, I'm not a long hitter, that means I need even more strokes from the tips than I would from the tees I normally play!

Id need 100 to be safe

I'd have so many dots on the card you wouldn't be able to read the numbers.

At least 7 a side, maybe more.

After playing a tour caliber course yesterday at 6600yds I can say I'd need about 12 a side to be competitive, I need a lot of work lol.

Back