I love mine and have used the golf shot app a few times. I have the stainless steel with bright blue leather band. I can't wait until the 2.0 os since the app developers have access to the sensors then. Then we will be able to see club speed and things from the watch. The heart rate monitor was dead on or 1bpm minute off when I was on an actual ekg monitor. It's such a fun toy if you are a tech person.

Sorry to post twice in a row, but wanted to upload a pic or two

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    82 KB · Views: 0
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    79 KB · Views: 0
The stainless model is really nice looking. I wasn't 100% sure if I'd stick to wearing it, as I haven't really been a watch guy. If I end up getting the next model, might go the stainless route. But, the sport model is noticeably lighter.

Still love the watch.

sharp looking devices for sure. waiting for v2 with (hopefully) built in gps.

It is super comfortable. I always wore a citizen and used to wear a gshock, but this is the only one I can play a round in and not notice it was there

has anyone used golfshot with the watch, and thoughts on performance?

I'd say it's OK - because of the limitations in the API as it stands things are a little slow, but the glance screen is great for getting distances. The biggest issue is that scoring is just score, you need to go into the app for putts and all the other stats.

has anyone used golfshot with the watch, and thoughts on performance?

I was using golfshot app on my phone before I even got the aplple watch. I'll admit that a part of the reason why I got the watch was because I was interested in getting a GPS watch. That said the performance of the apple watch is not exactly where it needs to be to compete with golf specific GPS watches.

BUT there is hope. The problem with the apple watch stems from Bugs in the actual app on the phone and is magnified when using the apple watch. There is a GPS issue with the app on the phone that doesn't keep the yardages updated in the background...no matter what setting you have background GPS minutes set to. Combine this with the fact that apps are not not currently running natively on the applewatch...and you have a delay in updated yardages. I have been in contact with golfshot and they are aware of the problem and are working on a fix.

In the meantime here are some tips to help alleviate 90% of that delay until it is fixed...and to improve the user experience. Right now best to use the app for updated yardages to green and to target....and score on your iPhone.
1) keep phone close to you if not on you.
2) before locking your phone make sure to place golfshot app in "power save mode"
3) make sure watch setting for raise to activate is set to "last app"

those combined will result in virtually immediate updated yardages of target and to green, when you raise your watch and activate the screen. when you're done with the hole take your phone and enter scores on there, choose the next hole, and put the golfshot phone app back in power save mode.

My watch is finishing up OS2 right now, can't wait to check out the new faces.

Update done? Impressions? I've heard of people having issues with ios9...which is necessary for OS2. I'm also afraid to have problems with Golfshot and my apple watch...after finally having the gps issues ironed out with their latest update. I'll Probably stay with iOS 8 on my 6 and wait to try out ios9 when I get my 6s this Friday.

Nice, I am waiting to update to IOS9 for my 6 since there was a glitch with Arccos and the OS1 for the watch. Will probably update tonight on both if possible.

Seems to be OK so far I like the multicolored display options

Nice, I am waiting to update to IOS9 for my 6 since there was a glitch with Arccos and the OS1 for the watch. Will probably update tonight on both if possible.
I know Arccos said there was a glitch but mine have been working fine together.

On another note, wearing the watch and having a notification go off on the downswing = REALLY BAD SHOT!!!

I'm loving mine so far. Just got it last Sunday. Downloaded both golf shot and hole 19. I'd rather not pay for the pro version of golf shot and without paying I didn't care for the free version at all. Hole 19 was superior with F/M/B locations on the watch that update within 2 seconds of looking at it. The scoring in the watch works well and it does the scorecard for you on the phone based off the input given to the watch. I'll probably dump my garmin s1 now.

I am still pondering one of these....I will probably wait for V2 or hope Santa is nice to me :act-up:

I bought Mandy one of these recently. It is a really neat device for sure. I am holding out that the next one has built in gps tho. If it does I don't see how I resist.

I plan on using this one until one with gps is announced and then sell this one and upgrade.

watchOS 2.0.1 out, I get lost in what some of these smaller updates actually fix!

Icey- Got your hands on any new bands? Tried the new Lunatik Epic band?

Icey- Got your hands on any new bands? Tried the new Lunatik Epic band?

I've actually gone back to stock Apple bands. With a new Trent cover. Works very well.

I've actually gone back to stock Apple bands. With a new Trent cover. Works very well.
Ditto. Using my standard sport band. Saw some new ones at Best Buy, so figured I would pick your brain.

Ditto. Using my standard sport band. Saw some new ones at Best Buy, so figured I would pick your brain.

I've considered dabbling in another full kit. But the stock bands are super comfortable.

I'm seeing that the Apple Watch 2 will be out announced in March. I'm hoping they bring forward one that looks more like a watch. I would probably have one by now if it looked more like the Huwai.

I'm seeing that the Apple Watch 2 will be out announced in March. I'm hoping they bring forward one that looks more like a watch. I would probably have one by now if it looked more like the Huwai.

Saw this too. No rumors of built in gps which is discouraging but more info will roll out after Christmas I bet.

Back