Tony Finau Injures Ankle and Pops it Back in

Talk about a crisis avoided. Dude was rightfully excited for the HIO.

Can a doctor please tell me exactly which position Finau popped his ankle into so I can do the same? Leading the tournament after that is amazing!

Sent from my SM-G935R4 using Tapatalk

Tony Finau got a hole in one at the Masters Par 3 contest and he celebrates by running towards the green and really twisting his ankle. He dislocated it, drops to his knee, and pops it back in. As of right now he will not play but will try if MRI looks good.

https://www.espn.com/golf/story/_/i...-appears-pop-back-place-masters-par-3-contest

https://twitter.com/tonyfinaugolf/status/981708969927499779

Kind of bad ass considering the circumstances

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

His post round conference he said he's rolled the right ankle but never the left... and never dislocated it but knew what felt right to pop it back in. That dude is bad a$$.

I just now caught the replay of this, man that looked nasty. I would have been down for the count.

Can a doctor please tell me exactly which position Finau popped his ankle into so I can do the same? Leading the tournament after that is amazing!

Sent from my SM-G935R4 using Tapatalk

I was listeing to Sirius this afternoon around 5:00PM ET on their coverages and one fo the guys was talking about how someone had talked to Tony's dad. Apparently this is an injury that has happened several times before when he was young, which probably explains how it popped out so easily and he was able to calmly pop it back in place after it happened. Since there was no structural damage detected in the x-ray and MRI, a good solid wrap job on the sprain is just something he needs to manage this weekend. The amazing thing is that this is his left ankle so it would be what he shifts onto on his swing follow through.

After a -4 for him, I'm going to take a sledgehammer to my ankle before my round on Sunday #guaranteedpar

3 bogies no birdies last I heard today.

He looks like a big guy - that can't feel good and maybe it's starting to catch up to him.

3 bogies no birdies last I heard today.

He looks like a big guy - that can't feel good and maybe it's starting to catch up to him.

Once that adrenaline wears off it's gotta hurt a little

Once that adrenaline wears off it's gotta hurt a little

I sprained my ankle years ago...it has never been the same. I can't imagine that it feels good for him. And like you said that adrenaline had to have run off.

Though a birdie on 18 today so he is at -2 going into the weekend. That's respectable.

Back