Kentwool Kickoff Classic - Travel & Extra Rounds thread

In for the Friday round!

JM

I can probably do a Friday round too. I'm coming from near Tupelo, MS so it's slightly under a 5 hour drive for me. As long as tee off is noon or after, I don't think it'll be an issue to get there.

One thing to consider guys is that we do have a meet and greet we are scheduling for around 6:30 or 7pm.
We hope you have time to play AND SHOWER before coming. The meet and greet is important because matchups are announced at that time.

Strengths:

Weaknesses:
Tee Game
Woods/Hybos
Long Irons
Medium Irons
Short Irons
Wedges
Pitching
Chipping
Putting

Also even though I am not playing the extra round if most of you are like me and enjoy playing different courses when you travel, Auburn Links at Mill Creek is a fun track and was in great shape the last time I played there ( about 4 years ago ).

It has been longer than that since I have played it, but from what I hear from friends that still live in Auburn is that it has gone downhill big time the last couple of years. It's a shame if that's the case because I enjoyed the course. Indian Pines is the other public option in the Auburn area and it's nothing special.

One thing to consider guys is that we do have a meet and greet we are scheduling for around 6:30 or 7pm.
We hope you have time to play AND SHOWER before coming. The meet and greet is important because matchups are announced at that time.

Shower too? Come on now JB. You know...for this event, I may try to get our team to pair our Kentwool socks with flip flops at all the meals.

pigpen.png

Has anyone done any research into any other golf courses in the area worth playing?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

If you are looking for a quick warm up after arriving I would suggest the short course at Grand National, 18 hole par 3 course that is just amazing. If you are looking for a really nice round look at Saugahatchee just across the interstate near auburn.

Or if anyone is interested in staying over and picking up a round at RTJ Prattville on that Monday or Tuesday about 45 miles south on I85.

either way I wouldn't mind joining in on a any extra rounds anyone would like to play if you need to fill out a foursome.

If you are looking for a quick warm up after arriving I would suggest the short course at Grand National, 18 hole par 3 course that is just amazing. If you are looking for a really nice round look at Saugahatchee just across the interstate near auburn.

Or if anyone is interested in staying over and picking up a round at RTJ Prattville on that Monday or Tuesday about 45 miles south on I85.

either way I wouldn't mind joining in on a any extra rounds anyone would like to play if you need to fill out a foursome.

I assumed saugahatchee was private. No?

I assumed saugahatchee was private. No?

it is but if there is interest I should be able to get times through my home club

Can't get dirty playing golf, right? :confused2:

Strengths:

Weaknesses:
Tee Game
Woods/Hybos
Long Irons
Medium Irons
Short Irons
Wedges
Pitching
Chipping
Putting

Normally I wouldn't have someone speak for me but you summed things up quite nicely. Except that chutting thing. Might need a mentor here...

Normally I wouldn't have someone speak for me but you summed things up quite nicely. Except that chutting thing. Might need a mentor here...

Whoops i posted in wrong thread.
And i call bs i saw u pound driver in chicago.

Whatcha playing to now?

Whoops i posted in wrong thread.
And i call bs i saw u pound driver in chicago.

Whatcha playing to now?

You can get it moved, you know people!

You're confusing me with sgbani, that dude is a thumper. I'm getting feeble in my old age.

My app tells me I'm at a 15, but I still think what I have listed in my profile is more accurate :)

As far as extra rounds go on Friday, it seems like we'd need to tee off by at least 10:30-11 to be done by 4 to have enough time to shower before dinner. I think that puts me out for that extra round because I'd have to leave my house by 5:30 AM and I'd actually like to have some energy for the weekend.

However, I'd be glad to meet a few guys at the RTJ range around 2:00 PM on Friday just to hit some balls and hang out.

Hey Guys, sorry for the late post here. I would like to get a practice round in Friday as well. I live in Atlanta and could help with car pooling.

As far as extra rounds go on Friday, it seems like we'd need to tee off by at least 10:30-11 to be done by 4 to have enough time to shower before dinner. I think that puts me out for that extra round because I'd have to leave my house by 5:30 AM and I'd actually like to have some energy for the weekend.

However, I'd be glad to meet a few guys at the RTJ range around 2:00 PM on Friday just to hit some balls and hang out.

The meet and greet is listed for 6:30. 2 hours to get cleaned up? Don't think I want to see the parts of the course you plan on experiencing! I kid, of course.

The meet and greet is listed for 6:30. 2 hours to get cleaned up? Don't think I want to see the parts of the course you plan on experiencing! I kid, of course.

I was factoring in time to get to get to hotel, check in, etc. Am I the only who likes long showers?

I'll gladly go with the flow on extra rounds and some range time :)

I was factoring in time to get to get to hotel, check in, etc. Am I the only who likes long showers?

I'll gladly go with the flow on extra rounds and some range time :)

Isn't the hotel on site?

Isn't the hotel on site?

Yes it is

Lol. This never occurred to me. This buys me an extra 30 minutes on my time estimate. Is the meet and greet/dinner on site too?

Lol. This never occurred to me. This buys me an extra 30 minutes on my ime estimate. Is the meet and greet/dinner on site too?

Yep...

So much time saved. That means I might actually be able to make a Friday extra round. Sweet.

Understand and agree. I think tee times need to 12:30 at latest to allow for ample time and hopefully close to (if not at) where we are staying to eliminate any driving time after round.

First post updated with everything I caught as of now. Let me know of adds/changes.

Back