What Do You or Other's Guys Say / Do to Get Into Someone's Head?

I don't do that. I hope everyone in my group plays well.

I don't do that because when I was MUCH younger a good friend and I were out for a casual round. We were pretty even through about fourteen holes. We were giving each other good-natured verbal jabs all day. At the fifteenth tee, I asked him, "Do you inhale or exhale on your backswing?" He was pretty much ruined off the tee for the rest of the round - he'd either freeze in his backswing, collapse in laughter, or shank one. He thought it was funny, but I felt so bad about it I decided I wouldn't do that kind of head game again. I'll joke about the results, but I don 't try to rattle someone about his/her swing.

That is one of the classic questions!

my skins partner on a trip so helpfully pointed out the water to the right on a tee shot for a hole that had multiple skins on the line. Even the guys we were playing against looked at him cross eyed. Fortunately, I didn’t rinse it, but that was VERY engriaed in my thoughts.

my skins partner on a trip so helpfully pointed out the water to the right on a tee shot for a hole that had multiple skins on the line. Even the guys we were playing against looked at him cross eyed. Fortunately, I didn’t rinse it, but that was VERY engriaed in my thoughts.

Maybe he had a side bet? LOL!

I don't. I'm not interested. My favourite (or I suppose least favourite) is when people say "Hey see that water on the left there?" or "Don't hit it in the water" -- Mostly because I know what they are trying to do and I genuinely don't care to play with people who are rooting against me. If you really want to mess with someone, just ask when they breathe in/out during their swing, right before their swing. lol

On the other hand, I do like to give people sh*t all the time, but only for things they have control over (like rushing a shot, playing too slow, raking putts, talking while people are hitting, doing worse than they should be, etc).

Back