The 2015 Grandaddy - Chance Of A Lifetime

Love these events, always a great read afterward.

Partner changes allowed for the 3rd nine?

Correct, if you choose to do so. Seem to recall this working for some and not for others in the past!

Not sure what it is called but same as we have played in the past. Both tee off, switch, true alternate after second shot. Doing it third because it should be (BETTER BE) the quickest format.

HarvMP and I played that format last time we were together. Was a lot of fun.

I am ready to have some fun.. It will be nice getting out of this 30 degree and rainy weather we have had for like the last 4 days

Ok, first information drop for this week:

Day 1
First 18 (same partner and opponent)
-Shamble 9 hole match (70% handicap)
-Best Ball 9 hole match (100% handicap)

Third 9
-Pinehurst (50% combined handicap)

Day 2
-18 holes singles (100% handicap)

Fantastic. Freaking fantastic!

Correct. Same partner for first 18, new teams allowed (but not required) for last 9 holes.

I like both.

The 2015 Grandaddy - Chance Of A Lifetime

HarvMP and I played that format last time we were together. Was a lot of fun.

I enjoyed that format a lot, I think it's beneficial to play that format with the same teammate you had been playing with all day, you can really help each other out with decision making and talking through shots when you have seen where each other's game has been all day. I had a lot of fun playing that for the first time it was a very different approach for me considering I have not been exposed to many formats of competitive play. Can't wait to see who I get to take down some #ZooCrew members with!!!

Edit: but I do understand sometimes shaking things up works out too! I mean Fitzpatrick trimmed up the beard this week and look what happened to the Dolphins :alien:

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Fantastic. Freaking fantastic!

I like both.

Jman - if you're wondering, yes you're allowed to keep the same pairings for Team Redemption for every single match and every hole.

Anything to give Team Redemption an edge, we need.

Jman - if you're wondering, yes you're allowed to keep the same pairings for Team Redemption for every single match and every hole.

That did not go so well for us in years past.
I mean we won our first match, tied our second match and then under par Ethan arrived (I think it might have been XR Man) and went nuts on us in 3rd round.

Dude I pinch myself constantly. I am very fortunate. I just want to represent this community to the best of my ability, as I know there are tons and tons of people who would take my spot in an instant.
Buddy there is no doubt you are one of the best representatives THP could ask for.

And I have a feeling Finely will be asking to have you banned from all future Grandaddys after you take him to the woodshed

Sent from my LG-D850 using Tapatalk

Like I said, I like both.

That did not go so well for us in years past.
I mean we won our first match, tied our second match and then under par Ethan arrived (I think it might have been XR Man) and went nuts on us in 3rd round.

I'm still hoping for Cowboy Ethan rather than XR Man.

Not sure what it is called but same as we have played in the past. Both tee off, switch, true alternate after second shot. Doing it third because it should be (BETTER BE) the quickest format.
I've never played true Pinehurst, just modified where you switch after the tee ball, but this sounds like a ton of fun.

Trying to get any work done this week is proving to be difficult so far.

Hey Grandaddians,
When the dust settles and the event is over, please do THPers a favor and take some time and give the equipment you receive some reviews. Readers are really looking forward to your thoughts and you will have the latest and the greatest fit to you by some of the best in the world.

Hey Grandaddians,
When the dust settles and the event is over, please do THPers a favor and take some time and give the equipment you receive some reviews. Readers are really looking forward to your thoughts and you will have the latest and the greatest fit to you by some of the best in the world.

absolutely. I'm pretty damn excited to put the new irons through their paces. Looking forward to the MD3 and the GBB Heavenwood as well. The Apex hybrid is something I'm most curious about because I haven't hit it yet.

Hey Grandaddians,

IMO, its part of the journey. I would be really really bothered if we had someone who didn't.

#TheGrandaddy doesn't end at #TheGrandaddy!

Hey Grandaddians,
Without question this will happen. It's going to be so hard having shiny new gear and not be able to get on course, but I've got some prepaid heated range time that should hold me over until spring and give me some chances to give some comments on the gear.

Hey Grandaddians,

This should be a no brainer! Excited to put this stuff through its paces.

Reviewing the gear is going to be something I really enjoy. Not only because I feel it's part of the experience but the equipment is just fun to have in play. So of course I would add my thoughts in a review.

Man I cannot wait to see all of you guys, and Dean too.

SOON!!!

Lots of #zoocrew peeps viewing the thread right now. They must be getting as excited as #TeamRedemption and the rest of THP is for this to get underway!!

Lots of #zoocrew peeps viewing the thread right now. They must be getting as excited as #TeamRedemption and the rest of THP is for this to get underway!!

The coolest part? They truly truly are.

They love this event just as much as we do, all of it.

Love the formats are out.

Oh and just try to shut me up about the gear. Getting fit by the best and unlocking all kinds of awesomeness will be discussed in each thread for sure.

Hey Grandaddians,
No doubt. Most excited for the irons and wedges, other than the pm grind I have never hit a Callaway wedge or iron before. Also excited to get some GBB forgiveness and distance in my hands.

Back