Callaway Apex CF 16 Irons Review Thread

honestly I want to try it this way with a fitter. Start with KBS Tour. I've been fit to that shaft before and played it well. Use that as a baseline. Try steelfiber and recoil, see which one gives similar or better numbers. Go with that shaft.

Yep great idea. I just know between the Tour Vs and Recoils they are pretty similar in weight and profile so they should be a good fit, but going to trust the fitter for sure.

Im playing the stock graphite I think. It works well, is lightweight and helps me as I get later in the round.

Yep. The stock Recoil ES in the Apex CF felt amazing and were stable even at the lower weight. I would have no issues gaming them.

Im playing the stock graphite I think. It works well, is lightweight and helps me as I get later in the round.

I hit them kind of well at times too in FL. In general I prefer a little more weight, but I'm not opposed.

I have KBS Tour 90s in my current irons and I definitely would like to try some heavier shafts. Everything I hit someone else's irons and they have a heavier shaft the head of the club feels lighter, which I debate over whether I like that, and I proceed to crush the ball. Maybe it's a fluke maybe not but maybe a higher weight shaft will help me out. As for steel vs graphite, that's for the fitters on my end.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I am going to go with the fitter but I really want to give graphite a try. I have always gone with whatever stock steel shaft (reax 90 in my rsi1) has come with the irons but excited to try something different

I'm looking forward to seeing if I'm fit to steel or graphite, more than that though, length and lie because I suspect I'm WAY off there for my swing now.

I'm looking forward to seeing if I'm fit to steel or graphite, more than that though, length and lie because I suspect I'm WAY off there for my swing now.

Length and lie is the most intriguing portion for me as well. My swing has changed quite a bit since the first Grandaddy, will be interesting to see if that changes my lie angle.

Through a "fitting" I am 1 inch extended and 3* upright. So I'm curious to see what changes with a real fitting

a6ea04d7041136db3fb9d9d3e310ad7a.jpg

I love Love LOVE the looks of these irons!!!

Love the "Strip Club" lighting effect. They're sexy enough without it though. These are legitimate tools. I absolutely love mine.

2 weeks to the day, but I live in Canada so I would think you will get your hybrid sooner . The components maybe made outside the U.S.
but I think they are assembled in California so you should get them sooner ..but I could be wrong .
How has the flight on the Apex hybrid ? I have the TM Aerobuner hybrids now and they are very accurate but hit them very low compared with my old cobra bafflers .
gb

Well I ordered my irons and hybrid last Tuesday, the 24th. I just unwrapped the delivery today, exactly one week later. Pretty fast service. Only customization was the grips. Can't wait to hit these bad boys.

Well I ordered my irons and hybrid last Tuesday, the 24th. I just unwrapped the delivery today, exactly one week later. Pretty fast service. Only customization was the grips. Can't wait to hit these bad boys.

Which grip did you go with and why?

These irons are setting up shop in my brain right now. I'm interested to see if specs from my last iron fitting stay true and curious how the shaft selection plays out.

Are you really tall? Otherwise I might ask for a second opinion.
I am 6'1", and was fit 1" over last time also. But that also partially offset the irons, which were 2 degrees flatter than a lot of brands.

Which grip did you go with and why?

I went with the Winn Dri-Tac in dark gray. Not a fan of the standard Callaway grip and wanted to try the Dri-Tac in Arizona. See how they hold up in the AZ summers.

Hitting these incredible irons in 4 days!!! I can not wait to see the results. #TheGrandaddy

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I went with the Winn Dri-Tac in dark gray. Not a fan of the standard Callaway grip and wanted to try the Dri-Tac in Arizona. See how they hold up in the AZ summers.

Makes sense. I hope the work out for you. I've never tried the Dri-Tac, but they do intrigue me a bit.

I'm ready to get swings in with these finally at #TheGrandaddy.

I intentionally didn't hit them at the Staff Retreat when JB had them because I wanted my first swipes with them to be in Cali next to the Pros.

Well I just spent an hour and a half hitting 4 different types of irons to try and talk myself out of the Apex (crazy, I know). It didn't work. I hit these clubs too well to not seriously consider dropping the coin and picking these up. I will be definitely looking to get fitted for these after the holidays.

Well I just spent an hour and a half hitting 4 different types of irons to try and talk myself out of the Apex (crazy, I know). It didn't work. I hit these clubs too well to not seriously consider dropping the coin and picking these up. I will be definitely looking to get fitted for these after the holidays.

You can follow along to #TheGrandaddy beginning next week also for lots of Apex talk. 12 THPers getting the trip of a lifetime and fit for new clubs.

Some unbelievable warm weather here this week today it got up to 10* c or 50* F , usually - 10c or20f . Anyway got a chance to hit my new
Apex cf 16 irons and ohh baby ...I love these .It took a few hits to dial them in but once I did ..amazing.. love the feel but what stood out was the accuracy , my my , distance who knows ground is some what frozen and they bounce and run forever . The gap wedge is on the way , considering ordering the 5 iron now instead of a hybrid. I took some pics if I could figure out how to post them I could show off some left hand eye Candy..gb

Back