Tour Edge HL3 Fairway Wood Review

JB

Follow @THPGolf on Social Media
Albatross 2024 Club
Staff member
Reaction score
Great review Dean. I've never hit Tour Edge but this one looks solid with a good price point.

Very informative, and I'm a fan of the release. Biggest takeaways for me

* Shallow design which I prefer, especially on lower lofted FW
* VFT
* Power slot (although not as deep)
* Bullseye alignment aid is not the best looking
* Sets up neutral
* Lives up to high launch name
* Quality shaft given price point

Dean,
Can you expand a bit more on this point:
There were very few times where this club seemed to get overpowered or bullied around when solid contact was made.

Do you mean in terms of dispersion (ie the lefts?), or just not the sheer distance you were expecting?

Thanks again

Excellent review, Dean. The $139 price point is better than buying a used fairway that's a few years old in most cases. I like consistent and high flight when hit off the turf - the 7w sounds like an intriguing option to look at for when I finally decide to stop trying hybrids and just go with a fairway wood in my #4 slot.

Dean,
Can you expand a bit more on this point:

Do you mean in terms of dispersion (ie the lefts?), or just not the sheer distance you were expecting?

Thanks again

More in terms of distance. In a quick head to head vs some other fairways, there were only a few shots that kind of puzzled me that they didnt go the distance I thought they would. For the most part though it was able to keep up quite nicely. Most likely the indian and not the arrow, but at times lacked that extra gear to push it out a bit more, where on some we can often feel like we can squueze just a bit more out of.

Great review Dean. I struggle with getting FW's airborne hence why i play a 5w as my only fairway metal. A 4w in this could be worth trying... Cant wait to hear more thoughts...

Great review Dean. Sounds like a solid club at an affordable price.

More in terms of distance. In a quick head to head vs some other fairways, there were only a few shots that kind of puzzled me that they didnt go the distance I thought they would. For the most part though it was able to keep up quite nicely. Most likely the indian and not the arrow, but at times lacked that extra gear to push it out a bit more, where on some we can often feel like we can squueze just a bit more out of.

Makes perfect sense. Think we’ve all seen those shots that seem to go a bit farther than we were expecting, or can dial up a little extra when necessary.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Makes perfect sense. Think we’ve all seen those shots that seem to go a bit farther than we were expecting, or can dial up a little extra when necessary.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

yeah, just was one thing I didn't really see from this. Can be good or bad, but it can go up against the heavyweights and not get completely blown away.

Great review Dean, was was literally texting a friend of mine 5 minutes ago about my 3W woes.

Cant elevate anything, Ive tried the Rogue and the M4HL with no luch, might need to try this one since it sounds stupid easy to get airborn

Great review Dean, was was literally texting a friend of mine 5 minutes ago about my 3W woes.

Cant elevate anything, Ive tried the Rogue and the M4HL with no luch, might need to try this one since it sounds stupid easy to get airborn

I heard you launched that M4HL

Back