Callaway Great Big Bertha Driver Review Thread

Callaway says on toe misses to put the APW all the way to fade.

Works for me.
That's my miss and put it out there. Think it helps, I had some yesterday on the course yesterday toward the toe and they turned into nice draws instead hooks.

Hit it on the range again today, and really like this more and more. Using the Speeder 665 (not Evolution II) that came with mine and it seems like a good fit. Have a Rogue 60 to maybe try at some put, but for now not going to mess with a good thing. May try and snag a White Tie 55x4 to try at some point also to see if I can get that last bit of ball speed without starting to miss right.

Callaway says on toe misses to put the APW all the way to fade.

Works for me.

Might be a little bit of a skim, but would this be the same advise for someone who has a fade/slice miss? Seems both logical and counter-intuitive in equal parts...

Might be a little bit of a skim, but would this be the same advise for someone who has a fade/slice miss? Seems both logical and counter-intuitive in equal parts...

Two very different things. One is path and face angle. The other is impact. Having weight where you consistently impact is a good thing. Using weight to make the club square is a bit different.

lately, toe has been the constant miss with this. Currently I have two more shafts to try with the head but at this point, based on what the fitter was telling me, I will try and trade for a 10.5 head

Based on those shots, the club is not the issue. Those are swing issues. A relict won't fix it now you may have avoid swing day but the poor habits may creep back.

Picked up a 9* GBB head on eBay for $200-. It should arrive tomorrow and I will be marrying it up with my Tour AD DI shaft. Hoping for some decent weather so I can get out and hit it this weekend.

Looking forward to your feedback.

Picked up a 9* GBB head on eBay for $200-. It should arrive tomorrow and I will be marrying it up with my Tour AD DI shaft. Hoping for some decent weather so I can get out and hit it this weekend.

Nice Jdub, looking forward to reading what you think!

Mine came in last night. Excitement for giving it a go is high. Depending on when the Callaway tip I ordered gets here, it may be going out with an awesome THP green PX shaft

Mine came in last night. Excitement for giving it a go is high. Depending on when the Callaway tip I ordered gets here, it may be going out with an awesome THP green PX shaft

#WardyBombs

You will crush this bad boy.

#WardyBombs

You will crush this bad boy.

I hope so. Going into the winter time when rates are higher, I usually shut it down minus THP play. I'm gonna focus on a bit of strength training/stability and see if I can add a bit of horsepower to things. I don't expect massive jumps but if I can hit one less club into greens come the spring, well that I'd be very happy with.

Lots of talk about this bad boy in the grandaddy thread. I for one am absolutely jacked to see this in my bag. A lot of THPers speak very highly of the GBB paired with a PX Handcrafted but I've seen real good results with the Tour Green. Times like this I wish I knew more about shafts

Lots of talk about this bad boy in the grandaddy thread. I for one am absolutely jacked to see this in my bag. A lot of THPers speak very highly of the GBB paired with a PX Handcrafted but I've seen real good results with the Tour Green. Times like this I wish I knew more about shafts
+1 I know the aldila tour green agrees with me, at least it did in the X2 hot pro, but JB piqued my interest a few months ago with the px lz blue. I think I'll just leave it up to the pros at the ECPC, but man, 19 shaft offerings can leave you head spinning!

Sent from my SM-N910V using Tapatalk

I'm loving my set up with the Grandura, but I've hit it with the Rogue and Diamana Blue just to get a feel and have a back up plan. One thing for sure I'm trusting the fitter 100%

I played the tour green in mine this past weekend and enjoyed it. Little movement in ball flight and better distance than I was seeing with the cut down KK.

Will have the HZRDUS in it this weekend to see how it performs.

KK and tour green have both worked better for me than Speeder 665.

I played the tour green in mine this past weekend and enjoyed it. Little movement in ball flight and better distance than I was seeing with the cut down KK.

Will have the HZRDUS in it this weekend to see how it performs.

KK and tour green have both worked better for me than Speeder 665.

The tour green was cut down a 1/2" but I loved it. That was the shaft I was fit into at Wilson Staff by Duffy. I was able to hit the GBB with the Hazardous shaft and I preferred the tour green over that. I've yet to really play with loft or the perimeter weighting so it's literally wide open as far as perfect fit for me

I jumped on the GBB bandwagon. Demoed the M1 G30 Alpha and the GBB. Two different sessions, different stores. GBB with the Kuro Kage 50g S, 10.5 head, stood out both times. Consistent and misses were minimized. Loved the feel and had the highest swingspeed as well. Bought an eBay driver of that combination. Really look forward to dialing it in.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G870A using Tapatalk

headed to the Annika academy tomorrow for a full fitting, though I'll be mainly concentrated on wedges, fairway wood and driver. gbb d and fw are squarely in my sights. will post thoughts tomorrow.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I was not in the market for a new driver but I was killing some time while the wife was shopping . Tried the gbb last Saturday , and loved it , most forgiving low spin driver I have hit. Launch and spin with the r flex Kuro Kage 50 in a 9* head adjusted to 11* were as good a numbers I have had.
The bb 815 alpha is my current driver which I was pleased with , but the gbb is more forgiving and I make more solid strikes with it.
Defiantly on my shopping list.
gb

Hit 2 of the longest drives in a while today with the 9 deg. head at D +1 and the AWD in the middle they were downwind but one was 270 and the other just over 270 by the gps. This is very long for me even downwind.

This will be out on the range tomorrow as Mward and I do some club testing with some strangers we find on the range with a number of drivers and FlightScope.

This will be out on the range tomorrow as Mward and I do some club testing with some strangers we find on the range with a number of drivers and FlightScope.

Looking forward to seeing what those guys think! Blow some minds to some unsuspecting golfers!

Not sure what is going on but for some reason the head appears so closed to me, even on -1*/N setting. Been messing with my head and all my drives have been going left and staying left

Based on my fitting data and finally getting to try (and eliminate) the Cobra King LTD from contention, the GBB will be my next driver sometime in the next month or two. I don't really like the head covers, but I guess I'll get over that (I like the look of them but don't like that they are kind of a hassle to put on and that they don't cover/protect the shaft very far down like a sock-style one would).

Testing on FlightScope this morning, the GBB performed really really well. Consistently similar numbers which were club head speed around 104-105, spin around 2600 and ball speed a bit over 150. Need to get my launch up a little to really maximize the distance, but so far I am really really hitting it well.

it seems that 10.5* was the head that I was looking for. It gives me that height that I'm looking for without the need to worry about swinging up on the ball. Roll out is good but not crazy so I know spin is right too.

Back