Alphard Golf Club Booster eWheels

It would be even cooler if it could automatically follow you, no remote steering required.....

It would be even cooler if it could automatically follow you, no remote steering required.....

brother in law has one that does that, it is kind of a pain at times, but has its pluses too...

I have some on course footage spliced together in the video below. If anyone has any questions please let me know and I'm happy to cover it. I have a Rovic RV1S with the swiveling front wheel and will do an installation video when the brackets come in. I will also do a comparative review of the differences in how it turns with the front swiveling wheel. I believe it will make a big difference.

https://youtu.be/oqo1COWmGwg

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

I have some on course footage spliced together in the video below. If anyone has any questions please let me know and I'm happy to cover it. I have a Rovic RV1S with the swiveling front wheel and will do an installation video when the brackets come in. I will also do a comparative review of the differences in how it turns with the front swiveling wheel. I believe it will make a big difference.

https://youtu.be/oqo1COWmGwg

This has been on my must buy list this year. This video has pretty much confirmed I’ll have one very soon.

#FiberLaunch

Why not just buy-use one of the many electric push carts available for sale from several different brands ?

Why not just buy-use one of the many electric push carts available for sale from several different brands ?

Price point...retail on these for use with your own cart is $500....no others come close to that...

With the new wheelie kit, it is phenomenal!!!

Price (this is $500, cheapest electric cart with a remote is I think $700) size/portablitly of the cart and if you already have a non electric push cart that you are happy with and have spent a lot of money on accessories for, this is a way to keep using that cart and still have the accessories but obviously now self driving.

Price point...retail on these for use with your own cart is $500....no others come close to that...

Price (this is $500, cheapest electric cart with a remote is I think $700)

Yep, that’s why I’m after one. Motorized push carts are ridiculously expensive over here and I have absolutely no idea why. This has been the cheapest option I’ve seen, and by fixing it to something like a clicgear, you know you are getting a great quality cart that you don’t need to push.

#FiberLaunch

Here's an update showing the new wheelie bars as well as installation of brackets on the Rovic RV1S push cart which is a 3 wheel cart with swiveling front wheel. This cart turns so much easier when pushing by hand so I believe this will drive much better with the eWheels. I'll get some footage driving it soon.

https://youtu.be/Kr38h7JCnbs

93civiccpe,
So after your review of the various combinations, what would be your final recommendation? I am planning to couple the e-wheels with the Rovic RV1S. Also, I am having difficulty on where to order the e-wheels unit. Appreciate your thoughts and advice.

93civiccpe,
So after your review of the various combinations, what would be your final recommendation? I am planning to couple the e-wheels with the Rovic RV1S. Also, I am having difficulty on where to order the e-wheels unit. Appreciate your thoughts and advice.
Toby,
Due to the hurricane & wet weather I haven't been able to get any good footage on course but I will get you some observations this evening on it as well as more information on ordering.

I have the Wheelie bar on mine, it makes this the best unit I have seen on the market, HIGHLY recommend it!!!!

I have zero issues with it flipping over, and the unit itself is now more stable than I had hoped for!!!

I have zero issues recommending this, and have buddies with the really expensive follow behind ones, and they too are wanting this model now...

I have the Wheelie bar on mine, it makes this the best unit I have seen on the market, HIGHLY recommend it!!!!

I have zero issues with it flipping over, and the unit itself is now more stable than I had hoped for!!!

I have zero issues recommending this, and have buddies with the really expensive follow behind ones, and they too are wanting this model now...

Great to hear, looking forward to getting this cart in motion. After spending a few months looking at the various models and reading the thread here, sounds like this is the way to go.

I’m going to replace my push cart next year. This is in the running so I’m following along closely. Keep those updates coming!

This is awesome. Shows sold out for the US at the moment unfortunately.

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk

Good Evening,
Sorry for the delay but it was my night to get the kids in bed. I received the brackets as well as the wheelie-bars for the Rovic RV1s and have the video up showing the installation (which was pretty straightforward). As usual, I get a new toy and there is hurricane and wet weather for 2 weeks straight so I cannot get out and get the footage that I want. I did find one course open yesterday (Sunday) and was able to walk with the cart but it was raining for most of the round so I had the unit turned off and pushed it while staying under the umbrella. I will say, the Rovic RV1s pushes nicely, even with the added weight of the eWheels unit. I did get a few chances to drive it around although everything was soaking wet and slippery and I didn't risk taking my phone out of the ziplock bag for fear it would get wet / damaged. What I realized is that when you have the front wheel in the swiveling mode, it very easily turns and you only have to tap on the direction that you want it to turn. It is much more maneuverable, but it also follows the contour of the fairway so it is much more likely to drift offline. I locked the front wheel into the straight position and drove it and it has the skid-steer effect similar to the 4-wheel cart but it turns easier. The front wheel is designed to lean left/right even when locked in so I found it much easier to hold a straight line and yet it still turns well. (It does not turn near as easy as with the front wheel in swivel mode but it seemed like a good middle ground). I did not get a ton of time to drive it around due to the rain and pushing the cart with the umbrella attached but I did realize that I will be keeping the eWheels unit on the RV1s and selling the 4-wheel cart. I also drove it up one of the steeper t-boxes to see the wheelie bars in action and they did exactly what they where supposed to. Another time I went over a nasty root and the cart flipped back but the wheelie bars put the front wheel back down and prevented it from dumping. I really like this configuration and the 3 wheel rovic unit folds up even smaller than the 4 wheel which is an added bonus. I'm hoping for some clear weather this weekend and if so will be getting some on-course footage with both a swiveling front wheel and a locked front wheel. If you have anything specific you want to see just let me know and I'm happy to cover it in the video.

As for ordering, straight from Alex at Alphard Golf, he said that any retailer that can order you the Clicgear products should be able to get you the eWheels unit. They go through Proactive Sports which is the distributer for both Clicgear and for Alphardgolfusa. So have your Proshop go through Proactive Sports to order from Alphardgolfusa. If you have trouble ordering then let me know and I'll reach out to them and see what I can find.

This is awesome. Shows sold out for the US at the moment unfortunately.

I’ve been watching for a while and it seems to show that way too frequently.

Good Evening,

As for ordering, straight from Alex at Alphard Golf, he said that any retailer that can order you the Clicgear products should be able to get you the eWheels unit. They go through Proactive Sports which is the distributer for both Clicgear and for Alphardgolfusa. So have your Proshop go through Proactive Sports to order from Alphardgolfusa. If you have trouble ordering then let me know and I'll reach out to them and see what I can find.

Thanks for the update review. I was able to get the eWheels unit ordered but was told by Alphard rep the wheelie-bars are not available until mid-October. I can wait on them but looking forward to getting this in play with my RV1S. I will be playing a track in KY late next week that has some elevation changes and will post a full report on my initial thoughts.

thanks for all of the info.

Who'd you order through?
Thanks for the update review. I was able to get the eWheels unit ordered but was told by Alphard rep the wheelie-bars are not available until mid-October. I can wait on them but looking forward to getting this in play with my RV1S. I will be playing a track in KY late next week that has some elevation changes and will post a full report on my initial thoughts.

thanks for all of the info.

Who'd you order through?

I was fortunate to order it thru my club, appears they had 2 remaining. I have to wait on the connection kit for the RV1S as the only one available was for the Clicgear 3.5. I am hoping to get the connection kit this weekend. I will post what I am able to find out and give an update/review on the RV1S with eWheels.

I was fortunate to order it thru my club, appears they had 2 remaining. I have to wait on the connection kit for the RV1S as the only one available was for the Clicgear 3.5. I am hoping to get the connection kit this weekend. I will post what I am able to find out and give an update/review on the RV1S with eWheels.
I have a round scheduled for Sunday and plan to get some on course footage that I will try to get up that evening. It is supposed to be dry the next few days which will help the courses and there's only light rain in the forecast for the weekend. I will show driving the RV1S with both the front wheel swiveling as well as in the locked position. If you have any questions/anything you want to see just let me know and I'll happily cover it.

Good evening,
I played today but it was in the 60s and raining the entire time and I didn't want to risk killing my cell phone trying to get a video in the rain. I did get some footage and answered some questions in my backyard yesterday and the video is linked below. I did enjoy the eWheels on the course today and spent part of the time pushing it and part of the time driving it at a comfortable pace while walking alongside it under the umbrella. I really enjoy this setup with the Rovic RV1s but be warned about that swiveling front wheel. I had it catch a rut and turn sharply and almost went into a lake. Needless to say, I spent the majority of the time with the front wheel locked.

https://youtu.be/66ttslVrCQs

Back