2018 THP Championship Travel Thread

ASN21

#TeamTaylorMade
Reaction score
Handicap
Last edited:
I will be driving up from Seal Beach, Ca. If anyone is in the OC and wants to ride along, let me know.
What about accommodations? Is there a Hackers hotel?

Looking forward to meeting all of you! I’ll be flying in from Cleveland Ohio. September can’t come soon enough.

Good idea!!

JB, what time on Friday does the event start? Will Sunday be a late day?

I'll be flying in from Chicago. When are people thinking about flying in and out and where are people staying?

I'll be flying in from Chicago. When are people thinking about flying in and out and where are people staying?

I will definitely be flying into PHX.

As for accommodations: I just looked at the resorts website and a room with 2 queen beds for that weekend will run around $510 after taxes and resort fees.

Hey everyone! It looks like I'm going to get the chance to meet a whole lot of THPer's that I've never had the chance to meet, I'm really looking forward to it. This is going to be an absolutely awesome event!

Okay guys, for some info.
Friday will start early to mid afternoon most likely.
Sunday we should be done by mid afternoon. We recommend an evening flight out if you are leaving on Sunday.

For hotels. You can stay at Talking Stick, but there are also a lot of other places around including a Hampton Inn right next door.

I'll be flying in from Buffalo and even the thought of meeting new THP friends and Arizona warmth makes me smile.

My early guess is that I'll be flying in on Thursday and leaving Monday. I always like giving myself some extra hang out time, especially the final night of the event.

I'll be driving down from Vegas, probably Friday morning. Looking at hotel options now.

My early guess is that I'll be flying in on Thursday and leaving Monday. I always like giving myself some extra hang out time, especially the final night of the event.

I think this will be my plan too

Who is up for Airbnb?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Just booked at the Hampton across the street. $293 all in for two nights. $250 for non-refundable, but I didn't want to bear the risk.

Flights booked.

bfe642dfbd5aef8e21a2cc106247124d.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Just booked at the Hampton across the street. $293 all in for two nights. $250 for non-refundable, but I didn't want to bear the risk.

Did you or has anyone else checked to see the price of staying at TS?

That would be about the earliest I would recommend flying out.

Wish I could fly out later but that’s the latest direct flight I can get. Maybe I’ll stay until Monday morning.

Did you or has anyone else checked to see the price of staying at TS?

I posted it earlier. $510 for two queen beds for two nights (Friday and Saturday). So $255 per person if you find a roommate.

Hotel booked too - Hampton inn also. I’ve been to talking stick and while it’s nice it’s not worth the extra $60-$80/night.

Wish I could fly out later but that’s the latest direct flight I can get. Maybe I’ll stay until Monday morning.

I dont think it will be an issue. I just think any earlier than that could be an issue. Figure last tee time is at 9am. Figure 5 hours to play a competitive round. That brings us to 2 pm. Goodbyes, showering up, changing and getting to the airport will all take a bit of time. I think 6pm can work, I dont think much earlier would.

I think i'm going to book the Hampton Inn also. Looking at flights now, no real good options from Cleveland. I might stick around til Monday.

I’m TSA and A List Preferred so as long as I’m at the airport by 5 pm I’ll catch my flight.

I just double checked and 6:05 pm is the last fight out to St. Louis period. Boo.

Also Talking Stick charges a resort fee of $25 per night so keep that in mind.

Back