What TV are you watching all your golf on?

Spaceman_Spiff

Reaction score
Firestone CO, north of Denver about 20 mins
Handicap
Hey Guys,

I'm a TV kinda connoisseur of sorts but I don't spend lots of money on the TV set really. Though I can talk about them all day!

Well about 4 years ago we bought a 46" Samsung LCD with a 30,000:1 Contrast ratio and 60hz refresh rate. Was pretty high end at the time. I bought it online which was scary in itself but when we got it and hooked it up, oh man was that fun. We only added full HD programming about 2 years ago. And then my 3 year old son did the unthinkable, he threw a toy at it and boom goes the screen.

Well after a week of research and debate, we finally settled on a 47" Vizio. The contrast ratio is 140,000:1 and the refresh rate is 120hz.

To me the refresh rate is the killer and the contrast ratio secondary. The 240hz refresh rate TV's have INSANE picture quality and I really thought almost 3d esque picture to them. But out of my price range.

I'm pretty happy with the TV we ended up with especially considering the price.

So what do you watch your golf on?

We have a few flat screens in the house.

Main living room we have an 60" LG 3D TV that is LED.
Bedroom we have a 50" Panasonic Plasma
GG's Office has a 29" Toshiba LCD
My office has 22" Vizio LCD
Guest Bedroom has a 22" Vizio LCD

Mine is actually a little over 4 years old, it is a 46" Sharp LCD, with a 12,000:1 contrast (I think) and a 60hz refresh rate. I have had HD broadcast all of that time, and cannot imagine going back to plain digital TV. I have a Toshiba 26" LCD in the bedroom and another in the 3rd bedroom.

LED with their 1,000,000 or 3,000,000:1 Ratios are INSANE! I'm hugely jealous!

Plasmas have actually ended up being a bad deal in Colorado. Elevation and dry climate = no bueno for plasmas.

I agree DawgDaddy, now that we have HD, I can't watch much of non HD programming or certainly not for long periods of time!

We have a 42" Panasonic Viera LCD in the office downstairs and a 52" Sharp Aquos LCD upstairs in the living room.

I don't worry too much about contrast ratio. They make the higher numbers sound so much better but once you get past 5,000 or so it doesn't really matter.

Got a 46" Samsung LCD, bit I have no clue about all this techno hoodoo mumbo jumbo. To be honest I really don't notice that big a difference between HD and regular tv. I only watch about 2-3 hrs of tv a week though

34" Sony XBR LCD in the bedroom
50" Pioneer Elite Plasma in the game room
58" Sammie Plasma in the family room

I agree that watching SD is just not the same as watching HD. Even regular dvd's on the upscalers or BD players look so much better.

We have a few LCD's. Bedroom I have a little Sony LCD but have never got an HD box since we just set the sleep timer. The upstairs living room I have a Samsung LED LCD 32" and downstairs where the noise gets made I have a LG 55" LED LCD.

Got a 46" Samsung LCD, bit I have no clue about all this techno hoodoo mumbo jumbo. To be honest I really don't notice that big a difference between HD and regular tv. I only watch about 2-3 hrs of tv a week though

Hilarious Ron. 2-3 hours a week, I might be getting in about 2 hours a day... sad I know. i would spend that time on the range or course, but my wife definitely would not approve!

42" Panasonic plasma in the living room. But when the mother in law is over, and generally annoying me with non-stop jibber jabber, then I hide in my bedroom, where I can watch golf in standard definition on an incredible 21" memorex (I think) flat-tube TV. You remember those, they weighed 50% more than a regular tube tv b/c it had flat glass in it?

Honestly I cant stand watching SD television, it just looks terrible after you see stuff in HD. Ive been meaning to get HD box for the bedroom but been putting it off.

I watch on the 50" Plasma we just got with the tax money form this year. I mounted it above the firplace in the living room and its been crazy awesome to have.

I only get clai to the living room most times though b/c the med student is always studying...always...lol

Holy Sh-...er...crap! thats a lot of nice TV's! I currently watch most of my TV on a 50" Samsung Plasma 3D TV, and then I have a 42" LCD downstairs that I watch other events on when I have people over and we want to play some pool while we watch.

50" Panasonic vierra in the living room, 43" Pioneer elite in the bedroom...both are plasma. Man I wish we still made our plasma tvs!!!

watching it on my little iphone 4 :)

We only have 2 TV's in the house if you can believe that. Mostly because our basement is in a state of being slowly renovated when I have time and our upstairs had an older tube TV that died (3 months ago) and we just haven't gotten around to replacing it.

In the living room where we spend most of the time if we watch tv, is a Toshiba 46" 1080p 120hz. We got a killer deal on it about 2 years ago, it had a better image to my eyes than the more expensive TV's around it, so thats why I bought it. Configured the picture settings and it looks a lot better than my friends mid range 46" sammy.

In the bedroom we just got a 22" 1080p 60hz Vizio that has internet apps & a tilt wall mount from Monoprice. Its been an excellent little TV in the short period we've owned it.

Whenever we finish with restructuring the walls, laying new flooring, etc in the basement we're thinking about going HD projector route rather than a TV.

Holy Sh-...er...crap! thats a lot of nice TV's! I currently watch most of my TV on a 50" Samsung Plasma 3D TV, and then I have a 42" LCD downstairs that I watch other events on when I have people over and we want to play some pool while we watch.

You went the 3D route? I've been intriqued by this though but I just can't worry about the $300 glasses or whatever they cost. If i lose them, they get stepped on, or if the Broncos Defense gets scored on again and they end up getting thrown through the TV.

How happy have you been with this purchase?

You went the 3D route? I've been intriqued by this though but I just can't worry about the $300 glasses or whatever they cost. If i lose them, they get stepped on, or if the Broncos Defense gets scored on again and they end up getting thrown through the TV.

How happy have you been with this purchase?

We got 4 pairs with the purchase of our set and they work great. Each additional pair is $100 if we want them.

Right now I have a Toshiba 37" 1080p HDTV in the living room, and just a small flat screen non hd in the bedroom.

I have a friend with a 3d TV. My fiance has contacts/glasses, she had her contacts in and we watched a movie over there one night after the 4 of us went out to dinner and after about 30minutes she had a killer headache from the glasses.

I watch everything on either a 32" 1080P Vizio (college apartment TV) or a 32" 720P Samsung (TV back at home) and that's it really. I can't remember the numbers on either of them though, haha.

I have a friend with a 3d TV. My fiance has contacts/glasses, she had her contacts in and we watched a movie over there one night after the 4 of us went out to dinner and after about 30minutes she had a killer headache from the glasses.

Were the glasses on the thicker side that requires batteries? If so they the active type and there has been reports on that happening (not uncommon). They say that the passive types are much better since there's less instance of it happening plus the glasses are cheaper, less bulky, and lighter. There's talk that they want to standardize 3D viewing from an equipment aspect and they are leaning towards that type of tech.

I'd also like to add that in my short life of almost 21 years, I have NEVER seen anything in 3D. No movies, no TV, nothing. Is it pretty cool? Like should I be trying to see the next movie I watch in 3D?

I'd also like to add that in my short life of almost 21 years, I have NEVER seen anything in 3D. No movies, no TV, nothing. Is it pretty cool? Like should I be trying to see the next movie I watch in 3D?

To some it is. Many think of it as things popping out of the TV at you. And while there are some things similar to that, for us its different. Its about depth creation and creating a deeper visual picture.

To some it is. Many think of it as things popping out of the TV at you. And while there are some things similar to that, for us its different. Its about depth creation and creating a deeper visual picture.

Hmm, I think I might actually try to see something in 3D soon. It's always been in the back of my mind, but I've just never done it.

Back