The 2015-16 College football thread (SPOILERS)

Status
Not open for further replies.
What are the reasons you have heard behind Smart still being there? It seems he should have gotten a solid HC opportunity by now.

He is only 39 now. I think he has only been interviewing for big jobs instead of starting with a mid-major like McElwain did. I don't do too much reading on the subject honestly, but it seems like he has been close a couple of times.

He is only 39 now. I think he has only been interviewing for big jobs instead of starting with a mid-major like McElwain did. I don't do too much reading on the subject honestly, but it seems like he has been close a couple of times.

I don't hardly follow it at all, but it does seem like he has been close for quite a few good jobs. For the past 2-3 years I assumed he would get his shot.

I honestly think Richt to USCe makes alot of sense.

I think he has been pretty smart to stay under Saban for as long as he has. Definitely not something that will hurt your resume.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I don't hardly follow it at all, but it does seem like he has been close for quite a few good jobs. For the past 2-3 years I assumed he would get his shot.

You think that would happen?

I've been surprised but happy each of the last couple years that he has stayed. Just seemed to decide he was happy enough to wait for the right job instead of the first one available. Crazy to think he is one year from being vested in Alabama teachers retirement system, never thought of assistant coaches staying one place that long.

I'd like to see it. Part of me wonders of he'll go back to Miami. He knows the recruiting ins, has a history there, and would give instant credibility to the program. A huge step in the right direction. Bonus: ACC

I'd like to see it. Part of me wonders of he'll go back to Miami. He knows the recruiting ins, has a history there, and would give instant credibility to the program. A huge step in the right direction. Bonus: ACC

I am sure he will have his pick of whatever job he might want.

I've been surprised but happy each of the last couple years that he has stayed. Just seemed to decide he was happy enough to wait for the right job instead of the first one available. Crazy to think he is one year from being vested in Alabama teachers retirement system, never thought of assistant coaches staying one place that long.
Lol, well that's a fun fact of the day! I dunno why, I've just always seen Kirby as the head coach in waiting.
I am sure he will have his pick of whatever job he might want.

Indeed. I reckon he's gonna be just fine.

I am not even sure that Richt will coach again, he is now an empty nester and has plenty of money to do as he pleases which, for all of the jokes some made, actually may be mission work. When he was interviewed leaving the field yesterday and asked about his job status he simply smiled and said "that is in the Lord's hands."

I am not even sure that Richt will coach again, he is now an empty nester and has plenty of money to do as he pleases which, for all of the jokes some made, actually may be mission work. When he was interviewed leaving the field yesterday and asked about his job status he simply smiled and said "that is in the Lord's hands."

I bet he takes a year off for missionary work. If he comes back after that, the school will get a great coach.

I'm sad to see Richt go. I still remember the excitement at UGA when he was hired, and I think he has been an incredibly good coach and representative of the school. But, sometimes the program becomes stale and needs a change. I think the change was needed at UGA.

I bet he takes a year off for missionary work. If he comes back after that, the school will get a great coach.

I'm sad to see Richt go. I still remember the excitement at UGA when he was hired, and I think he has been an incredibly good coach and representative of the school. But, sometimes the program becomes stale and needs a change. I think the change was needed at UGA.

Oh, he is a great man by all accounts but I think a change was in order. I just they make a splash and really go grab a big name.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Oh, he is a great man by all accounts but I think a change was in order. I just they make a splash and really go grab a big name.

It's funny when you actually think about it. In College Football, Richt is "one of the really big names."

It's funny when you actually think about it. In College Football, Richt is "one of the really big names."

Oh the humor is not lost on me but I'd be highly ticked off if they get some no name assistant. Either we want to be in championship conversation or we don't. This hire will tell the tale in my opinion.

Oh the humor is not lost on me but I'd be highly ticked off if they get some no name assistant. Either we want to be in championship conversation or we don't. This hire will tell the tale in my opinion.

I hear ya.

Have to wonder if they want a proven HC or to give someone like Smart a chance?

I think they will go more of the Smart move. But what proven head coach is out there? Unless they think they can lure Art away. I've already seen the Jimbo to UGA rumors, which made me laugh.

I think they will go more of the Smart move. But what proven head coach is out there? Unless they think they can lure Art away. I've already seen the Jimbo to UGA rumors, which made me laugh.

There's always Spurrier. We can't lose to him if he's the coach.

I've been reading up on the HC from Houston. I wouldn't say he's proven or that he'd be a good fit but, they all started somewhere.

I'm still in shock that Richt is gone but I think more to the story will come out in the coming days. I feel he stays in Athens in some regard. I just hope Pruitt stays. I feel if Smart is the guy, he might bring some more Bama folks with him. I feel Richt did a lot with what he had this year offensively but when you look at their overall schedule, teams they needed to bury they couldn't because of the offense and that was the last straw

There's always Spurrier. We can't lose to him if he's the coach.

I've been reading up on the HC from Houston. I wouldn't say he's proven or that he'd be a good fit but, they all started somewhere.

From reading around and having some inside sources I'm hearing Smart is #1 choice, Houston coach #2 and Dan Mullen as a wild card

Tom Herman is a phenomenal coach .

From reading around and having some inside sources I'm hearing Smart is #1 choice, Houston coach #2 and Dan Mullen as a wild card

I'd be ok with any of those.

Dan was done a seemingly good job since taking over and his HC experience is a big plus. He's beaten top ranked teams.

I am starting to see very strong Kirby Smart rumors to the extent of an announcement tomorrow. I guess we will see then. I am guessing that Georgia Tech fans are very happy to see Richt go, I saw a stat today that Richt has as many victories over Tech as all of their coaches have over UGA since 1969, that kind of blew me away.

I am starting to see very strong Kirby Smart rumors to the extent of an announcement tomorrow. I guess we will see then. I am guessing that Georgia Tech fans are very happy to see Richt go, I saw a stat today that Richt has as many victories over Tech as all of their coaches have over UGA since 1969, that kind of blew me away.
Smart makes sense. Surprised he did not hired by someone a couple years ago

Sent from my VS986 using Tapatalk

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back