THP Regional Rivalry - NY/NJ vs New England - Sponsored By True Temper

I've said it before, but I couldn't be happier to find out about this event headed into the offseason - it's given me something to work towards and aspire to play in, and a team to root for if I don't get the chance to play.

OITW and I were talking a bit about potential formats/pairings/matchups, and that was just a ton of fun to think about. There's a TON of great potential twosomes on both sides.

If my swing gets a little funky I would want fairway finding greggdrews as my partner. If gangsta rap is going early would take O'Carroll. I would take maddog any day if the week and twice on Sundays...he is a golfing machine right now. Lots of others in NY/NJ that can play some golf. Jimmy numbers, brianmk, golf4life, the short game machine mooseja to name a few.

excited to follow this one and cheer for both teams but pull for ny/nj

If my swing gets a little funky I would want fairway finding greggdrews as my partner. If gangsta rap is going early would take O'Carroll. I would take maddog any day if the week and twice on Sundays...he is a golfing machine right now. Lots of others in NY/NJ that can play some golf. Jimmy numbers, brianmk, golf4life, the short game machine mooseja to name a few.

excited to follow this one and cheer for both teams but pull for ny/nj
no doubt the NY/NJ has the potential to be stacked.

This will be fun to watch unfold.

Sent from my LG-D850 using Tapatalk

Oh my follow up post naming NE must have gotten deleted by a MOD on the other side :D

#FriendsonBothSides

After the way I played today I'm going to fill out an application for non playing Captain.

Ha! I was going to write this exact thing

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

And whats happened to all the trash talking? Did we somehow become civilized, or just run out of things to bust chops about?
I'm a lover, not a fighter, but jeeeze we got toooo soft here.

I say NY and NJ trash talk each other and whoever is left standing among them , then teams up and takes on NE

It will be like the 86 Mets. They couldn't stand each other but had each others back and no one else was allowed to mess with them.

And whats happened to all the trash talking? Did we somehow become civilized, or just run out of things to bust chops about?
I'm a lover, not a fighter, but jeeeze we got toooo soft here.

I say NY and NJ trash talk each other and whoever is left standing among them , then teams up and takes on NE

It will be like the 86 Mets. They couldn't stand each other but had each others back and no one else was allowed to mess with them.

Can't trash talk potential teammates!!

This thread is like visiting the Happy Thread compared to the Ohio / Michigan thread.

This thread is like visiting the Happy Thread compared to the Ohio / Michigan thread.
Wouldn't you be inherently happier living in NE/NY/NJ than Ohio and Michigan?

Eh maybe New England but definitely not the other two.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Definitely not New York...it SUCKS.

Its not the best in some departments but I wouldn't say it sucks.
I only enjoy it from August to October the rest isn't for me lol. Especially the taxes and some of the other things in the state that I won't even start to get into because I'm not bringing that into this thread lol.

I only enjoy it from August to October the rest isn't for me lol. Especially the taxes and some of the other things in the state that I won't even start to get into because I'm not bringing that into this thread lol.
Haha I hear you, definitely not for everyone especially if you aren't in to winter sports but compared to me living in Burlington, literally everything for me right now is cheaper in WNY, and I get paid more haha. Other parts of NE do tempt me tho for sure.

Haha I hear you, definitely not for everyone especially if you aren't in to winter sports but compared to me living in Burlington, literally everything for me right now is cheaper in WNY, and I get paid more haha. Other parts of NE do tempt me tho for sure.

Burlington is a nice place, but it's tricky - college town, not a ton of industry out there, and not much else around. Some great skiing not too far away though!

I've lived in both NY and MA. I'll take MA 9 times out of 10, but I did enjoy my time in CNY. You guys can keep NYC though. Not my type of place. I'm more woods than city.

Burlington is a nice place, but it's tricky - college town, not a ton of industry out there, and not much else around. Some great skiing not too far away though!

I've lived in both NY and MA. I'll take MA 9 times out of 10, but I did enjoy my time in CNY. You guys can keep NYC though. Not my type of place. I'm more woods than city.
Yeah it's nice to visit, not live haha. I love Vermont just not Chittenden county.

Wouldn't you be inherently happier living in NE/NY/NJ than Ohio and Michigan?
It sure seems logical.

Glad to hear you guys were able to make it out to the course this late in the year. Interested in hearing how everyone stays "rust free" over the winter.

Sent from my VS985 4G using Tapatalk

On the way home from my sister's birthday dinner just now, I was stuck behind two cars two separate times. One had a Vermont license plate, the other New Hampshire.

Well played New England....well played....

On the way home from my sister's birthday dinner just now, I was stuck behind two cars two separate times. One had a Vermont license plate, the other New Hampshire.

I was up that way today and got the word out. Hope you don't mind.

We're everywhere

Golf season is over around here, but I was working on the Simulator yesterday, I talked to the coach there and will be taking lessons this winter, you NE guys better be ready.

Golf season is over around here, but I was working on the Simulator yesterday, I talked to the coach there and will be taking lessons this winter, you NE guys better be ready.

SIM away Martin. We're ready for your traitor ass

Back