Tigers' future in doubt?

I just watched the same spot on The GC. I feel he is ok if he doesn't come back but he will be back, just doesn't know when. He is listening to the experts instead of pushing the issue. He still feels he can win if he is prepared.

Of course he feels he can win that is the competitor in him & he has felt that way for a couple years now. It would be amazing if he returned at all

I just watched the same spot on The GC. I feel he is ok if he doesn't come back but he will be back, just doesn't know when. He is listening to the experts instead of pushing the issue. He still feels he can win if he is prepared.

Freddie, I really hope he gets back to some form of competitive golf and not just a few great shots here and there....its hard to watch him go through this. It will be tough to grasp the fact we won't see Tiger play again should it go down that road....granted he changed the game of golf and might not feel he owes the game anything since it gave him the life and image he has today but he should try to do it for his fans....either way, this will be an interesting "back 9" for him...

I've been bummed since I saw the interview. Not the part of him accepting the fact that he's had a dynamite career and is content with that, but with the fact that there's no time table to return. I got to watch him when I was younger, but I had no idea how good he was when he was at his best. I'd kill to watch that Tiger again. I know it'll never happen but the thought of Speith, Rory, Day, Rickie, and Tiger all mixing it up on a Sunday for a major just seems like it would be amazing. Yes I personally believe golf does not need Tiger like some say even tho he does move the needle like nobody else, but with him around it just seems a bit more exciting.

I truly am thankful that I had the opportunity to watch Tiger from the start of his career and see his domination. I really don't think I would be as passionate or interested in golf had he not come along when he did. It sucks to see him in this state and realize the end is coming. I really hope that is not the case but it's getting harder to have any faith that he will come back and be competitive.

It's amazing how many great players in all sports are coming to the end of their careers at the same time.

I truly am thankful that I had the opportunity to watch Tiger from the start of his career and see his domination. I really don't think I would be as passionate or interested in golf had he not come along when he did. It sucks to see him in this state and realize the end is coming. I really hope that is not the case but it's getting harder to have any faith that he will come back and be competitive.

It's amazing how many great players in all sports are coming to the end of their careers at the same time.
Tiger and MJ.... once in a generation greatness. Many of us were blessed to see them both in their primes.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I wouldnt say his future is in doubt at all. He's done. When he cant even play soccer in the yard with his kids anymore because his back is so messed up, he's done.

http://www.msn.com/en-us/sports/nfl...-enhancers-the-herd/vi-AAfWC4Y?refvid=AAfwEwC

Interested to see if media starts digging into these accusations more now that Tiger isn't around as much.

It doesn't seem that the PGA Tour has a very effective performance enhancement drug screening system. That being said, I'm not really sure how steroid abuse would factor into the game of golf. Look at Bubba! He's thin as a rail and has the longest drive in golf. Interestingly, anabolic steroids don't do much for some of the more fine motor functions needed for golf. They could actually have the opposite effect. Another issue is that if Tiger was working out and playing golf, he would be HUGE compared to everyone else. If you've ever seen anyone on steroids you would understand.

As far as blood doping, how would that help his game? It is not much of an aerobic sport requiring increase oxygenation to the muscles for performance. Nothing like Cycling or Boxing.

It doesn't seem that the PGA Tour has a very effective performance enhancement drug screening system. That being said, I'm not really sure how steroid abuse would factor into the game of golf. Look at Bubba! He's thin as a rail and has the longest drive in golf. Interestingly, anabolic steroids don't do much for some of the more fine motor functions needed for golf. They could actually have the opposite effect. Another issue is that if Tiger was working out and playing golf, he would be HUGE compared to everyone else. If you've ever seen anyone on steroids you would understand.

As far as blood doping, how would that help his game? It is not much of an aerobic sport requiring increase oxygenation to the muscles for performance. Nothing like Cycling or Boxing.

That is not necessarily true at all. I know a number of professional athletes that took a whole lot of things sadly. Its not as noticeable as people think it is, despite how the media wants to portray it.

That is not necessarily true at all. I know a number of professional athletes that took a whole lot of things sadly. Its not as noticeable as people think it is, despite how the media wants to portray it.

I guess you could be right, but I worked in the industry, and saw first hand what even a little bit of a potent anabolic steroid can do. There was never a doubt in my mind that people like Barry Bonds and Mark McGuire were juicing. I just can't see what the benefit in Golf can be. What can it do to help when you have people with very slim (or rotund) physiques doing so well?

I would agree with that, look at ARod, he didn't look like a super hero (like McGuire/Sosa) but it is pretty clear he was using PEDs.

From my perspective, the use of PEDs might not grant the performance benefits but it is more recovery and training off the course that it would help.

I would agree with that, look at ARod, he didn't look like a super hero (like McGuire/Sosa) but it is pretty clear he was using PEDs.

From my perspective, the use of PEDs might not grant the performance benefits but it is more recovery and training off the course that it would help.

There are PEDs that don't have the same effect as an anabolic steroid. When I say "juicing" I'm implying anabolic steroid use. Anyone using it chronically and working out a few days a week will have marked changes in muscle mass. Some athletes use it to strengthen after an injury and then stop, but since steriods are oil based, they can still remain in the system for 90 days or so and be detectable.

There are PEDs that don't have the same effect as an anabolic steroid. When I say "juicing" I'm implying anabolic steroid use. Anyone using it chronically and working out a few days a week will have marked changes in muscle mass. Some athletes use it to strengthen after an injury and then stop, but since steriods are oil based, they can still remain in the system for 90 days or so and be detectable.

Totally agree, but from the reports I read previously it was talking about Tiger being linked to a lab that made custom PEDs not "juicing" or anabolic steroids specifically. I highly doubt he was buying his stuff from some dude in the back of a gym, for many reasons including what he wanted from the drugs.

I have no clue if he did or didn't, but the fact that he wasn't ridiculously jacked doesn't prove that he was clean when there have been plenty of other athletes that have been linked (and some admitted to using) to PEDs that were not as built as Tiger (Andy Petite anyone?).

Totally agree, but from the reports I read previously it was talking about Tiger being linked to a lab that made custom PEDs not "juicing" or anabolic steroids specifically. I highly doubt he was buying his stuff from some dude in the back of a gym, for many reasons including what he wanted from the drugs.

I have no clue if he did or didn't, but the fact that he wasn't ridiculously jacked doesn't prove that he was clean when there have been plenty of other athletes that have been linked (and some admitted to using) to PEDs that were not as built as Tiger (Andy Petite anyone?).

Lance Armstrong is on line 2.

Lance Armstrong is on line 2.

Lance was blood doping. For his sport that is certainly performance enhancing as he was able to oxygenate his muscles more efficiently during his events and training.

What would be the equivalent for Golf?

Lance was blood doping. For his sport that is certainly performance enhancing as he was able to oxygenate his muscles more efficiently during his events and training.

What would be the equivalent for Golf?

Whoa...He was doing WAY more than just blood doping.

Whoa...He was doing WAY more than just blood doping.

I stand corrected!

Back to Tiger: The problem is that now if the media starts playing it up, what then? How can they possibly prove or disprove it? He can say he didn't and then people will say, "well he lied to his wife about all those women", etc. That would just cause a mess.

I stand corrected!

Back to Tiger: The problem is that now if the media starts playing it up, what then? How can they possibly prove or disprove it? He can say he didn't and then people will say, "well he lied to his wife about all those women", etc. That would just cause a mess.

if it gets too bad he must have been drug tested by the PGA & never tested positive, so theoreticaly he could release the results himself (oh & this will never happen)

It's hard to look at 1999 Tiger and 2009 Tiger and not see a significant change in his body. I'm not saying he did or he didn't take PED's, but if baseball has taught us anything, it's where there is smoke, a fire generally appears.

Sent from my SM-G920R4 using Tapatalk

Wouldn't surprise me after all that Navy Seal attraction for him back in the day.

I've been bummed since I saw the interview. Not the part of him accepting the fact that he's had a dynamite career and is content with that, but with the fact that there's no time table to return. I got to watch him when I was younger, but I had no idea how good he was when he was at his best. I'd kill to watch that Tiger again. I know it'll never happen but the thought of Speith, Rory, Day, Rickie, and Tiger all mixing it up on a Sunday for a major just seems like it would be amazing. Yes I personally believe golf does not need Tiger like some say even tho he does move the needle like nobody else, but with him around it just seems a bit more exciting.

As a fan you should be happy. He is going to be 100% if he returns. I have heard 100 different opinions about his presser. I think it shows were he is mentally and that is a positive. He told the truth which has been rare in the past. Being safe in his own world is a great thing. It allows him to approach the game from a positive side. He has given up the control he has held so near and dear. I like this about him and his statements.

As a fan you should be happy. He is going to be 100% if he returns. I have heard 100 different opinions about his presser. I think it shows were he is mentally and that is a positive. He told the truth which has been rare in the past. Being safe in his own world is a great thing. It allows him to approach the game from a positive side. He has given up the control he has held so near and dear. I like this about him and his statements.
I guess I never really thought of it that way Freddie. And I hope you're right. I would love to see him come back 100% and play well.

Back