The 2015-16 College football thread (SPOILERS)

Status
Not open for further replies.
this much is true... at the end of the day... getting in is the goal, and whatever team wins will have to play 2 great games to get it done

Stanford losing to Northwestern is a killer. If they show up and play that game, with a win in the Pac-12 title game I think they would have a great chance to be in

I don't think anybody on the west coast expects a Pac12 team in the playoffs. The league was down this year and our probable champion has two losses (yeah, they were to good team but still I don't think any 2 loss team has made it to the playoffs/NC game since Nebraska).

Sad day here in Memphis with Coach Fuentes leaving. Virginia Tech is getting a great coach!!

Last edited:
Sad day here in Memphis with Coach Fuentes leaving. West Virginia is getting a great coach!!
He's going to Virginia Tech, not WVU*.

*Or is this meant as an insult to the Hokies for stealing your coach?

Fingers and brain didn't work! Fixed
He's going to Virginia Tech, not WVU*.

*Or is this meant as an insult to the Hokies for stealing your coach?

The 2015-16 College football thread (SPOILERS)

I think if UNC smashes Clemson ala tOSU last year they will make it.

Otherwise I honestly believe tOSU will get the nod.

I also don't see a two loss team getting in from the pac twelve unless once again you see a dismantling.

I'm biased and probably completely wrong but I think at this point in time on a neutral field tOSU beats either one of them soundly. Problem is is the committee willing to put two teams from the same conference in? I doubt it.

I'm terrible at predictions anyways and probably letting my homer bleed through.

Even if they weren't selected I could live with it. It's their fault. Can't lose games like that.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited:
I think if UNC smashes Clemson ala tOSU last year they will make it.

Otherwise I honestly believe tOSU will get the nod.

I also don't see a two loss team getting in from the pac twelve unless once again you see a dismantling.

I'm biased and probably completely wrong but I think at this point in time on a neutral field tOSU beats either one of them soundly. Problem is is the committee willing to put two teams from the same conference in? I doubt it.

I'm terrible at predictions anyways and probably letting my homer bleed through.

Even if they weren't selected I could live with it. It's their fault. Can't lose games like that.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
If Clemson loses, and tOSU gets in, watching a Bama/tOSU rematch would be fun.

Be interesting to see if Clemson loses and its a REALLY close game, how they would fall out of the top 4.

Be interesting to see if Clemson loses and its a REALLY close game, how they would fall out of the top 4.
Close game. 1 Loss. I think they would stay in the top 4.

UNC would have to win by a large margin to knock them out of the top 4, imo.

Close game. 1 Loss. I think they would stay in the top 4.

UNC would have to win by a large margin to knock them out of the top 4, imo.

I think Clemson is out if they don't win Saturday.

Committee will argue lack of conference championship, but will then let OSU in, because... Well, ignore the because.

I also don't think UNC is in regardles. .

Sad day here in Memphis with Coach Fuentes leaving. Virginia Tech is getting a great coach!!

I for one am very excited to get Fuente as our new coach. I started at Tech in 1995 and have been a season ticket holder since. The only time I have been this excited about our offense was when we had Vick as the QB.

is an FCS opponent really worse than a sun belt one?

bama has played middle TN state, LA monroe, and charleston southern

And Wisconsin

I think Clemson is out if they don't win Saturday.

Committee will argue lack of conference championship, but will then let OSU in, because... Well, ignore the because.

I also don't think UNC is in regardles. .

You think its too many spots to climb? or you dont think they deserve a shot?

is an FCS opponent really worse than a sun belt one?

bama has played middle TN state, LA monroe, and charleston southern
Maybe, maybe not. Don't get me wrong, I'm pulling for the Heels this weekend (will make the wife happy). I just think in this day and age, it's silly for schools to schedule even a single FCS team matchup, let alone two. I know why it's done ... I just think schools should start getting penalized for it.

Just don't see UNC beating Clemson, although I have been wrong about CFB once or twice.....

understood - but you know they had 2 P5 teams back out of agreements right? that's why they had 2 FCS opponents on the schedule this year. regardless, i don't think there's any significant difference between an FCS team and many P5 teams. but the CFPC likely sees it differently. we all know how wacky that thing is.

double regardless, they still have to beat clemson convincingly for this to even be a conversation. a conversation i'm extremely happy to be having.
What teams backed out? They've had Delaware and NCA&T on the schedule before the 2014 season started.

I think it's going to be a shoot-out, the only thing that worries me is their run defense. If they can't contain Watson, it's going to be a long day for the Heels.

What teams backed out? They've had Delaware and NCA&T on the schedule before the 2014 season started.

Okay I am not crazy. I have been searching for this for the better part of the last hour and cant find anything on someone backing out. Even asked my step brother (havent talked to him in a while) and he is a bit of an ACC college football nerd (owns a rather large CF website :D).

He informed me that multiple FCS schools were on their schedule prior to the 2014 season. Next year its a bit different for them, as they have UGA and Illinois, but did just schedule the Citadel for 2016, another FCS team. Said they are in talks for the final OOC game right now and it might be another FCS program, depending on if a few schools bite or not.

CVA0xGBUwAIcAkv.jpg

Spoiler
bPlfAJh.gif

You think its too many spots to climb? or you dont think they deserve a shot?

Deserve is relative. UNC really didn't play anyone in the regular season. Would beating the current No. 1 team and losing to a terrible Scar team be a better resume than OSU (beating Michigan, losing to MSU)? At least they would have "conference champ" on their resume.

I think brand recognition gets OSU in over UNC if they beat Clemson. Just my assessment of how CFB is currently run. Too much "eye test" analysis.

If it is Kirby, I would be very surprised if the announcement is before the SEC Championship game. I would also be surprised if Kirby does not finish his duties in Tuscaloosa if Alabama is in the playoffs. Not saying that either of these couldn't happen, but this is the way that Saban operates with his assistants, and I don't see Kirby deviating from those expectations. Obviously UGA would want him there sooner if he is the hire.

That is exactly what happened when Richt came. He stayed at FSU until after the championship game. He said it was a tough juggling act but doable.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back