The 2015-16 College football thread (SPOILERS)

Status
Not open for further replies.
sometimes a little heat is all a good coach needs to go on a run... worked well for Ferentz... he was all but out before the season started...

... and LSU can actually recruit!

I know y'all had gotten fed up... Now y'all are one win away from the Playoffs... Was Ferentz forced to make some systemic changes?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

A month between now and the CFP. Lots can change.

Just hoping Clemson can get in. A month of rest will do wonders for a team playing its 11th straight game this weekend.

I'm pulling for Clemson from here on because I have a few Clemson friends, but I'm sort of wanting Iowa to win the whole damn thing because it's probably the most non-sensical possibility, but I'm also sort of wanting both Clemson and Bama to lose this weekend just so there's as much chaos as possible.

Just please let it be anybody but Bama.

I know y'all had gotten fed up... Now y'all are one win away from the Playoffs... Was Ferentz forced to make some systemic changes?

I'm not 100% sure (it's still the same coaching staff... OC, DC etc), but there are even shirts documenting this change

"The new Kirk"
635803413055658552-kirk.png

He is definitely still conservative at heart, but i have seen a big change in the number of aggressive plays that he runs... there are at least 3 or 4 times a game where I will think "wow... they wouldn't have tried that last year"

There is a new focus on team leadership this year as well... a lot of exitting seniors over the past couple of seasons claimed that there was disfunction in the lockerroom.

LSU will turn it around though (EDIT... Ha!... can't believe i typed this... a 9 win season for LSU is like a 6 or 7 win season for Iowa)

... i always thought les was one of the best coaches in college football... time for him to step his game up and silence the critics

I'm not sure I get the LSU Les hate/dislike. I do understand the passion for wanting more however. I truly feel he's an offensive coordinator away from having something special. The recruits are good, he's got a backfield that every other school would salivate over, the receivers are always pretty good, and the defense is good enough to keep them in games. An OC that can develop a qb and have an offense that isn't reliant on hoping the run doesn't get shutdown will make worlds of difference come November in Baton Rouge.

Also, I detest LSU so they should keep cameron for a long time.

Georgia Tech may potentially lose a recruit thanks to campus police harassment (racial profiling?).

From reading some first person viewers the family of the recruit is all at fault here. There were African American members of the GT police involved. Story is the family moved from their seats that were given by the athletic association to another section, and then refused to move back to their ticketed seats when approached by GT Police. Family immediately started yelling harassment.

I've been to many a game and have seen GT Police do this countless times to people in the wrong seat. None of them were harassment.

I wasn't there, so could it have been, yes. My gut tells me this is on the family though.

I'm not sure I get the LSU Les hate/dislike. I do understand the passion for wanting more however. I truly feel he's an offensive coordinator away from having something special. The recruits are good, he's got a backfield that every other school would salivate over, the receivers are always pretty good, and the defense is good enough to keep them in games. An OC that can develop a qb and have an offense that isn't reliant on hoping the run doesn't get shutdown will make worlds of difference come November in Baton Rouge.

Also, I detest LSU so they should keep cameron for a long time.

We don't hate Miles... We really love Miles the Man, but we are getting really fatigued with Miles the Coach...

His inability to find us a serviceable OC that can develop QB play as the season progresses will be his undoing (unless he pulls a Bob Stoops hands the offense over to someone else and systemically changes his ways)

I'm pulling for Clemson from here on because I have a few Clemson friends, but I'm sort of wanting Iowa to win the whole damn thing because it's probably the most non-sensical possibility, but I'm also sort of wanting both Clemson and Bama to lose this weekend just so there's as much chaos as possible.

At first I was like ��

But then I was all ��

This is funny. My son and I had this conversation over Thanksgiving. He is pulling hard for Iowa, because he doesn't think they are very good and he wants to see them upset the college football apple cart by winning. I'd love to see a Sooners vs Clemson match up in the championship game. That would be fun to watch!

Nothing surprising with rankings released

Ah i only looked at 1-6

They're saying SOS is the biggest thing there, and I understand it. Wonder how much a Clemson win would add to that. Curious situation there, especially if Stanford wins.

UNC where they should be. Haven't played anyone and two FCS teams.

UNC where they should be. Haven't played anyone and two FCS teams.
Totally agree there. Cakewalk of a schedule and the early loss to South Carolina looks baddddd.

Reports indicate that Missouri is interviewing Cal coach Sonny Dykes for their open job. That seems like a step backwards for Missouri. Would they really hire Dykes?

doesn't make much sense. jeff long is a moron. dude thinks UNC has 10 wins.

The entire beginning of his interview was basically him explaining that metrics matter when they want and the eye test matters when they want. Essentially just a 'we do what the **** we want.'

Also, a bad loss months ago to a bottom-dwelling SEC team (whose coach quit in the middle of the season and lost their starting QB after that first game against UNC) is evidently worse than a more recent loss to a bottom-dwelling Texas team.
Everyone's entitled to their opinion. Thing is, most of the committee must've agreed with him.

The 2015-16 College football thread (SPOILERS)

So Heather Dinich is convinced a two loss Stanford team gets in if there are any upsets.

Thoughts ?

Edit: if they beat USC obviously .

So Heather Dinich is convinced a two loss Stanford team gets in if there are any upsets.

Thoughts ?

Edit: if they beat USC obviously .

Would need both Alabama and Clemson to lose. AND they would have to win huge over USC.

well yea. but condoleeza rice is on it as well. doesn't mean they're doing a good job.

They got it right last year

well yea. but condoleeza rice is on it as well. doesn't mean they're doing a good job.

doesn't matter though. UNC beats clemson, we are in. lose and we don't deserve to be in the convo.
If that happens, then that is when the fun begins!

It looks like Kirby is officially coming home. Welcome back to Bulldog Nation! Verdict still out for the hire but I'm all in. Go Dawgs!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back