Blades Vs Cavity Back

Blades will improve your game...I purchased many top CB's/Players irons and my game went to S*!t, I was getting no feedback and little feel, soon I was swinging bad...
Try the Hogan Apex 1999 Blades, larger more forgiving blade, soft Endo forged and more quality than literally most 2015 offerings, just get the shaft you like in them.
I just built a set for my wife with ping cfs regulars, weak lofts, best set she has had since MP30's

There's nothing a blade will teach you. You might get proficient at striking the ball by practicing with a blade, however that doesn't mean it'll make you a better player. You could develope bad habits that you don't want in your swing even tho you strike it well with a blade. I say stick with lessons get better at striking the ball that way then take a look into a CB or MB if you want. This is all coming from a guy who plays blades.

Listen to this man!!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Blades will improve your game...I purchased many top CB's/Players irons and my game went to S*!t, I was getting no feedback and little feel, soon I was swinging bad...
Try the Hogan Apex 1999 Blades, larger more forgiving blade, soft Endo forged and more quality than literally most 2015 offerings, just get the shaft you like in them.
I just built a set for my wife with ping cfs regulars, weak lofts, best set she has had since MP30's

A sound swing will improve your game.

I'm confused by this post. So does your swing never go bad with the blades that you play? The no feel you say on cb's or players irons when swing bad? What "feel" do you have on your blades when swinging poorly?

Endo forged. My favorite.

Endo forged. My favorite.

You too? I was actually thinking of having actually samurai swords broken down and reforged into blades.

You too? I was actually thinking of having actually samurai swords broken down and reforged into blades.
Where can I buy a set???

Finally someone who understands.

Sent from my SM-N900V using Tapatalk

Sometimes you just have to follow your heart.
b12dcc8a4c6b431737e4393796589b83.jpg

Absolutely beautiful dude. In the end it's just golf and we play the game to enjoy it, if you enjoy playing blades do it up!

Absolutely beautiful dude. In the end it's just golf and we play the game to enjoy it, if you enjoy playing blades do it up!
Only time will tell these will be my first set. Mizuno. Even the Chrome smells like butter.

Middle ground - semi blades, forged.

Middle ground - semi blades, forged.
That's what Mizuno says. Kind of like game improvement bladed irons.

They claim larger sweet spot than the MP-4. Which is there true players blade.

But I was looking for more feedback than my XR Pro's provide. The XR Pro's are great. Still in love with them. I love hitting my 8 iron 150 yds.

But unless I look at the face for the ball mark. I can't tell where I hit the ball.

I hope the Mizuno MP -5 are bladie enough to help improve my game but forgiving enough to play golf.

Only time will tell.

But for now. Just looking at them is enough to give me a warm feeling inside.

You always would have lusted after them if you went another route. Glad you took the plunge. That feeling of a perfectly stuck iron will be addictive.

They claim larger sweet spot than the MP-4. Which is there true players blade.

But I was looking for more feedback than my XR Pro's provide. The XR Pro's are great. Still in love with them. I love hitting my 8 iron 150 yds.

But unless I look at the face for the ball mark. I can't tell where I hit the ball.

I hope the Mizuno MP -5 are bladie enough to help improve my game but forgiving enough to play golf.

Only time will tell.

But for now. Just looking at them is enough to give me a warm feeling inside.

The XR Pros? From Callaway? I played those all last year. We must have had different clubs though. I could definitely tell where contact was made. High/low/heel/toe. At the same time, if you don't know what in your swing caused that ball flight, what good is all that feedback?

In one occasion at driving range, my friend lend me his iron blades: Honma iron released in 1997. The shape is truly blade, and it is very skinny. My friend tell me he purchased this iron set for 90 percent discount because the store could not sell it and give up. The skinny shape probably is the cause of not selling well. After some swings, I am surprised, ...... this is the best FEEL irons I have ever try, ie. crispy , heavy and sharp..... ( I was pessimistic, I thought my ball's flight would fly everywhere ). I dont underestimate iron blade. Blades is awesome in its own right : FEEL.

FWIW, he was saying to go for a set like that, not that it's what the MP-5's are. The MP-5 are definitely no where close to forgiving or should ever be associated with the phrase "game improvement". There is a reason Mizuno recommends these irons for a 0-5 HC. They won't be forgiving.

Everyone should play what they want. I hope it works out for for, Johan. Congrats on the beautiful new sticks!

You are SO right! IMO those are the most gorgeous irons on the market now. I'm afraid to hit them cause I know I'll fall in love (almost bought the MP-4s) and have no money for that kind of purchase :disapointed:

It was pretty clear you really WANTED blades and you were trying to justify it to yourself haha. Others are right in here, if you had bought something else the lust probably would have remained. Gorgeous irons and I hope they play well for you!

The XR Pros? From Callaway? I played those all last year. We must have had different clubs though. I could definitely tell where contact was made. High/low/heel/toe. At the same time, if you don't know what in your swing caused that ball flight, what good is all that feedback?
I'm truly a beginner. The XR Pro's are amazing.

Maybe it was the Chrome on the MP-5's. But after staring at them all night. I think...I'm in love.

On a side note. I had the Mp-S5 wedges since they came out, and when I played the 49* wedge side by side with the XR Pro AW, the difference in feel was incredible .

The XR Pro's AW are longer and easier to hit but the feedback on ball strikes wasn't in the same league with the forged wedges. So for pitch shots, knock down or full swings XR Pro's. But for chipping, bump and runs or feel the Mizuno' rule.

So the MP -5's my become my practice learning, feel and feedback clubs. While the XR Pro's with the cup face continue to be my gamers. But if my game improvement plan of lessons and practice works out.

Please pass the butter I brought my Mp-5's.

Back