Distance from a Cobra King Utility One Length

Joelsim

Reaction score
Handicap
If anyone has one of these, how far do you hit it off the tee compared to your mid irons?

And what loft setting is that on?

I have one arriving soon, so just curious as to how far I’m likely to hit it. For reference...

7 Iron - 170y
6 Iron - 185y

I’m anticipating using it primarily for tee shots on par 4s less than 360y as well as a par 3 at my course that is 225y. It’s the 2/3 and I’ll start at 18 degrees.

Very curious about what distance people are getting with these hybrids as well. If a seven iron length 3 hybrid can do 215 yards plus I would consider that a miracle of engineering.

Mine is a monster. It's actually a hair physically shorter than my 5 iron, but the distance is about 15 yards longer at 21 degrees. My 5 iron is 22 I believe.

I have the 3 Hybrid (19*) One Length and my average distance on it is about 205, with my longest being about 230 (lower bullet on a dry day). This is basically my 200 club and if I need it to go a little longer, I try to pick it like a wood instead of playing it like an iron.

I have the 3 Hybrid (19*) One Length and my average distance on it is about 205, with my longest being about 230 (lower bullet on a dry day). This is basically my 200 club and if I need it to go a little longer, I try to pick it like a wood instead of playing it like an iron.
How long is your 3 iron or 5?

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

How long is your 3 iron or 5?

7 iron length, just like the rest of my irons (except for my SW/LW)

7 iron length, just like the rest of my irons (except for my SW/LW)
Apologies, what distance is your single length distance vs a regular 3 or 5 iron?

I got the club yesterday, looks great.

Got a round booked in for tomorrow so I’ll give it a quick go on the range first and then try it out for real. I’ll report back afterwards. Been pretty dry here so I’ll hopefully manage to get the same sort of distance as my 19 degree Hybrid.

I hit the 2/3 One Length set at 19.5° 239 off the tee. I hit the 3/4 One Length set to 23.5 216 off the tee. My furthest with the 2/3 was 268, was dry. I only own the 3/4 so I need to order a 2/3 for my self. I have the 19° One Length hybrid but I hit the 2/3 higher and same distance as that hybrid. Unfortunately the owner of the 2/3 would not trade me =)

I received my 2/3 a couple of days ago and took it down to the course today.

Initial impressions are very good indeed, much easier to hit than my previous Ping Crossover 3.

Very straight flight, quite low and not too much run, carrying it about 200 yards with another 10/20 in roll. That’s with a steady stroke and not trying to belt it, set at 18 degrees). So I’m getting 30/40 yards more than my 6 Iron.

It’s easy to hit from the tee, but I haven’t yet tried it from the turf. I tee it up quite low, maybe 1/2 inch on the tee at most, so much lower than the driver.

It’s also excellent for those little shots around the fringe of he green where a putter would struggle a bit, hit it very close to the pin on all 4 occasions I used it today with a putter stroke.

I also imagine in could be great for punch shots under trees, of any length. It’s short enough in physical length to be very flexible and get control in this situation.

Very pleased. Although surprised it didn’t come with a headcover.

Apologies, what distance is your single length distance vs a regular 3 or 5 iron?

Oh sorry about that :) Actually my distances are about the same OL vs. VL. What I've noticed though is that I have pretty much a one way miss with the OL whereas I would sometimes start missing both ways with the longer irons in the VL. Now part of the that could be that my Cobra's have less offset than my old XR's, but either way, I'm minimizing my misses and it's helping me be more confident when I'm hitting shots into the greens.

I actually debated on whether or not to go with the 2/3 Utility or the hybrid. I went with the hybrid, really, based on the ability to use it to punch out of heavy rough and other shots where having an iron is a little more difficult to get through. I wouldn't mind hitting the 2/3 though to see how it plays.

Back