Just a little wacky...

OGputtnfool

Reaction score
Handicap
I know I'll probably get told I'm cheap for this, but here goes.

So, I picked up a new (to me) GPS watch a few days ago to use for my marathon training. I finally received it and I started looking on eBay for screen protectors for it. I found this (https://www.ebay.com/itm/3X-LCD-Scr...e=STRK:MEBIDX:IT&_trksid=p2057872.m2749.l2649) ad for 3 protectors for $3.50 and noticed it had a "Make Offer" option. At first, I thought that was pretty dumb. I mean, it's $3.50, why would anyone offer less. I've used the "Make Offer" many times, but normally, it's like on a higher priced item where it's a legit amount that you're trying to save. Anyway, I figured if they put it up that means they're willing to take less so I put in an offer of $3 figuring it's only $0.50 so I'll see how it goes. The seller declined my offer and countered with... wait for it... $3.50! How stupid... I mean, if you're not gonna go below $3.50, then why put the option to make an offer. So, what did I do, I countered his counter with $3.25! Apparently, he didn't feel like messing around for another quarter and just accepted, but after him declining and countering with his advertised price, I was just in it for the fun and I was gonna keep countering until I ended up offering him $3.49 to see if he'd take it.

I know, small issue, but somethings just make me wonder about people.

I would assume it had something to do with reduced listing fees when an option like make an offer is used. On a low margin product, he's just trying to maximize return.

I would assume it had something to do with reduced listing fees when an option like make an offer is used. On a low margin product, he's just trying to maximize return.

Maybe. I mean, most of the time when I see things like that I think, well, I hope it made sense to someone...

Back