Warm Up Routine Before Round

My warm up routine is show up and go to the first tee.

If I do get to actually warm up, it will depend on how much time I have. Short? Basically just 6 irons, which is a great club to warm up that’s essentially in the middle of the rest of the set. Full warm up I always start lower though and work up.

I usually dry swing a couple of wedges together to get loose then let her rip. If I have range time I start with one of the wedges.

I go wedge, 5 iron then driver

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Interesting thought. Might need to try this out. I start with a mid wedge work my way to the 7 iron. Then either a long iron or hybrid then the driver

Sent from my H3123 using Tapatalk

I prefer to warm up small muscle groups for feel first...Putting then wedges, then move to full wedges...allows my well abused body time to loosen up a bit...

if time allows I will work my way up through the bag...

In Tournaments, I have plenty of time, and I will start putter (work a Cross pattern with three balls, have to make all three from 3/6/9 feet, then move to next part of cross), then wedges, then work up through long irons, then, go back to putter (focusing on slope/grain) with some normal approach distances...then will go back and work hybrid through driver...then if time allows prior to tee off, will putt a few more...

Most of the time I start with a 54 wedge, then go to a 9 iron, then 7 iron, then 3 iron on tee, and finish with driver. But some days I just go straight to the tee box do a couple of warm up swings and go. The irony is I do the same if I warm up or I don't. Go figure.

My warm up is a couple of swings at the first tee and sometimes forget that. Not unusual for my first tee shot to be my first swing. Do like to roll a few putts if somewhere that has a practice green.

I stretch out without a club first, then I grab my pw and add weights to it that looks like a donut, I swing that club for about 5 minutes and then I stretch out without a club again. When I get up to the tee box, then I pull out my driver and swing it about 10 times smoothly to get a feel of my arms extending through the shot.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

For me I use an orange whip to loosen my back with a free swings then I start with half shots with my wedges and work up through the bag.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

No range at my course, couple practice swings and go

Generally hit a few PW's, then 7 irons, then driver. Don't hit many balls. Probably around 5 swings with each and thats it.

Only time I warm up with a driver is when I walk up to the first tee and swing without warming up lol.

I typically start with a 7i as my warmup club

Only time I warm up with a driver is when I walk up to the first tee and swing without warming up lol.

Haha sounds about right for me as well.

Dedicated warmup is some light movements and stretches then start with wedges and work down into the long clubs followed by short game/sand work then some putting

Last club i hit on the range is the first club i hit on the course - last three shots on the range i go through my pre shot routine to a T

My warmup.

Get out of car. Pay. Go hit tee shot. Play round.

Left handed swings to loosen my back up.
From there I'll make some righty swings with my 7 or 8 iron, looking for any tight areas inhibiting my motion. If I find anything I'll do some dynamic and static stretching.

I then use my 50-7i to actually warm up (only looking to loosen up). NO target, just quality of strike and motion.

I then alternate from my lowest wedge (58-PW) and my longer irons (5 to 3i). So, it would go 59, 5i, 53, 4i, 50, 3i, PW...most of the time I use an alignment stick.

I then hit about 5-10 mid irons, 5-10 woods, and a handful of drivers.

Warm down with 59, and finally I finish with 5-10 left handed swings.

7 or 8 iron, but my practice swings are much longer than how I would swing a mid iron on the course. Usually followed by driver. My biggest thing is keeping the practice swings as long and loose as possible before I worry about dialing anything in.

I like to take my full bag to the pitching and chipping practice area and see how the grass is and what kind of shots I might need that day. Some courses I use my wedges a lot, some I hardly ever pull them out of the bag and use my 8-PW for more running shots. I then go putt to see what I can expect on the greens and what speed they are. If I have time after that I will go hit two or three 8 irons and drivers. If it is course I have played before and I know that it might require several punch shots or low running shots I will hit a few of those on the range just to kind of dial in that swing.

I have to get the blood flowing so I'm the idiot bouncing in place and doing squats, then doing long swinging high kicks (with my hands in defense at my head - kickboxing habits die hard). I usually pick a distant landmark and try to make sure my toe touches or covers that point.

Then I'm driver first, because that long flowing looping swing helps stretch out every muscle and helps keep the blood moving. I'll then move down the bag with whatever club blows my skirt up - 5W, hybrid, 7i, 45* wedge. We have a chipping and putting range, so time permitting I'll head there. If I'm low on time, it's putting range only.

That's if time permitting. These days, we're tires screaming into the parking lot and half running for the clubhouse to pay...

I remember hearing Tom Watson recommend starting with the longest club the player reasonably feels he/she could hit well, even if off the tee.

His theory was that the longer clubs encourage a more fluid swing, better for sequence and timing throughout the set.

Whereas a short club such as a wedge will encourage a faster, more aggressive swing early, thus negatively affecting sequence and timing.

Sure made sense to me.

(When I actually hit the range) I'll usually start with hybrid.

I like the sound of this.

I just bought an orange whip and I now use that before any time I swing. It really helps me loosen up my writs, hips, knees, and back. I then move over to 54*, PW, 8I, 6I, 4I, 2I, 3W and finally driver. Then I like to end my session with 5 60* wedge shots.

Fixed it for me...lol

Basically identical but move the 54. I go back to that at the end.

I’ve actually started hitting a few short pitch shots with my 54 at the end as well.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

I run from my car to the first tee. Gets my heart rate up and ready to pull hook my opening shot.

I stretch a little bit, swing a 5I then the driver, both with a weighted donut, stroke a few putts to get a feel for green speed and off we go. I haven't warmed up by hitting balls before a round for years.

Maybe a few practice swings with an iron but typically just step up and hit. Our league course doesn't have a range.

Back