Data Tracking Tools - What have they taught you about your game or equipment`

obedt

Reaction score
Handicap
Creciendo
I've had my ShotScope for a couple months now. I know some have been using Arccos for an extended amount, and there are some GameGolf players as well.

Just wanted to start a thread to see what you have found about your game or equipment miss-fits thanks to the data analysis these provide. Perhaps you have validated certain suspicions?

I'm running late but want to post something about my gapping later (should be good for a laugh). Also some stuff I'm seeing off the tee.

That I was dropping my irons 10° inside and that's why I was so inconsistent.

So far my Shot Scope has shown me that my driver is my most accurate club. Shocked me too. Longest drive was 196 but average is 158. So I know I can smack it, just need to do it consistently.

It’s not the clubs, it’s me.

I average about 50% fairways hit, so need to improve that stat. My best was 71%. Shots going left, right, and center as I work on my swing, noticed that most are going left and center though I feel like they’re all still slicing.

Can’t hit a GIR to save my life except on a par 3. But I’m getting pretty darn good with my wedges.

And I need to get back to putting practice sooner rather than later.

Arccos isn’t telling me anything I don’t already know, I suck at all facets of the game except putting.
Until I can stop duffing tee shots there’s no sense in picking it apart further.

IMG_cap.PNG

Shotscope%20club%20avg%2006_18_zpslozkrnml.jpg

A couple of takes - the 8i needs more data. I think consistent ball strikers playing in normal conditions will get better data quicker. I am inconsistent (though some swing tweaks have me finding the center of the face more often) and play in some windy conditions. As such it is taking me longer to get solid averages, but the above is close imo. So, some takeaways-

The short Driver (yellow D) was going too long and my 4W is too short on average. As far as the 4W, I think the average is being brought down by strikes from the fairway. I will consider lofting up and flattening the lie.

The 5i and 4 Crossover really are that close. I've avoided using the crossover recently as I make much better contact with the more traditional sole of the iron. At first the club worked really well for my swing, but as I have been working on my game the wide sole has become a little bit of an issue. Think I may experiment in that spot.

I love having reliable 100y and 200y clubs. It's why I really like the 50 degree wedge. It's a mental hurdle changing that setup and having to make adjustments to hit it 100.

The gap that bothers me most is the PW to 50. Would love to have that down around 12. Truth is that downwind I struggle hitting it 110 yards, and it has bit me twice over the last few rounds. Wound up way deep in the back of the green trying to take some off a PW, and just short with the 50.

So far my Shot Scope has shown me that my driver is my most accurate club. Shocked me too. Longest drive was 196 but average is 158. So I know I can smack it, just need to do it consistently.

It’s not the clubs, it’s me.

I average about 50% fairways hit, so need to improve that stat. My best was 71%. Shots going left, right, and center as I work on my swing, noticed that most are going left and center though I feel like they’re all still slicing.

Can’t hit a GIR to save my life except on a par 3. But I’m getting pretty darn good with my wedges.

And I need to get back to putting practice sooner rather than later.

Crazy that you're so accurate with the driver. That's usually the toughest to pick up. Congrats!

Crazy that you're so accurate with the driver. That's usually the toughest to pick up. Congrats!

My natural swing, pre-instruction, was just screaming for a driver. I know it's weird, but hey. I use it on every tee except the par 3s, so all that use might be adding up to just familiarity.

Irony is I struggle with the hybrids...but I'm working that out. Starting to enjoy hitting them.

The data that I've gotten so far hasn't shocked me (except the driver thing) but it's actually helped my instructor with how we're going about changing the swings. It's helped her see the progress in getting my stupid softball hands to turn.

I’m a new Game Golf Live adopter. Love the system. Played just 3.5 rounds with it so far.

It’s showing me a few things I know, but a few I didn’t know. For instance, I didn’t know my FIR was as bad as it really is and a majority of my drives are draws/hooks. I had no idea. It’s also showing me inside of 100 I’m pretty dialed in, but outside of 100 I’m short 40% of the time. Under-clubbing? Perhaps.

It’s also helping me see that my sand saves are miserable. If I land in greenside sand, I’m guaranteed bogey. 100% on that stat so far.

Biggest thing that I can see from my data is that I have a tendency to pick a shorter iron and try and muscle it onto the green instead of picking a slightly longer iron and swinging easy. Additionally, I think the coolest thing is seeing that I have such a better scoring average when playing from the right side of the course than playing from the left rough.

Arccos has helped me realize/remember that even though I pured that 9-iron 140 to six feet last week, I probably should use it more for the 125-130 shots on average. And so on.

The other cool thing is that it's showing me how far I'm hitting my half wedges and little pitches from around the green. Knowing exactly how far a ball went when you were right on target or 10 yards short of the target, then weighing it with the type of shot (high lob, low runner) is all instructive for the next one.

I dont have Arccos or any of those devices, but i have my Bushnell watch that at any given point will give me total yardage for whatever club i hit. It doesn't give me the most important number of carry distance, but I can eye ball that and tell if it's on par with what I am used to seeing. The watch is a quick way for me to validate yardages for each club.

1. I'm hitting my new irons farther than my old ones.
2. I really need to gain some accuracy on my approach shots, as I'm giving up a lot of strokes there.
3. I'm missing a lot of fairways and GIRs.

This is from Arccos data.

I will be interested to hear not only the answer of others for this question but also how to best use the data listed.

I have been using the Arccos 360 for the last six rounds. Too early to tell much, but I do see a couple of trends. I already knew my chipping and putting were weaker areas of my game. I have used the data tracking to really emphasize my practice on these two areas.

Back