Cobra One Length — Do you adjust length and lie?

BlindPotential

Reaction score
Handicap
[FONT=&quot]I've been looking at moving into OL irons, but have been unsure whether it would be useful to adjust the set on the basis of my current 7 iron (i.e. +0.5" and 2 degrees upright).
Does anyone have any experience with this? The only fitter in my vicinity had no clear answer either. Thanks!
[/FONT]

That’s completely up to your feel I think. If you play better with that setup I would just have the OL adjusted to that. The lie angles on the new OL clubs are slightly different throughout the bag.

I think Cobra Connect grips add 0.25” to the shaft length as well. Just a heads up.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thanks for your input! I would be interested in hearing whether your ForgedTECs are standard (and if your irons have always been).

My thought process was simply that Cobra will have chosen the 37.50" in the Forged TEC for a reason; I can imagine that the negatives of OL (as I understand them) in ball flight from 9 iron to 56 Wedge would only increase by lengthening the shaft.

[FONT="]I've been looking at moving into OL irons, but have been unsure whether it would be useful to adjust the set on the basis of my current 7 iron (i.e. +0.5" and 2 degrees upright).
Does anyone have any experience with this? The only fitter in my vicinity had no clear answer either. Thanks!
[/FONT]

I play my One Length 7 iron at the same length as my previous 7 iron. +1/2" 1° flat. I adjusted the set up or down from here depending on what my shot pattern was. In the end, I'm upright on the 4,5,6 irons and a little flat on the wedges.

Back