Beeez

Reaction score
Anyone playing this shaft? What are your opinions? High launch low spin sounds like a nice combo and I’m considered one for a driver in stiff 63g. Is this an easy shaft to overpower for you? Any input would be awesome thanks.

I played one in a G400, still have it actually, 6x. I'm a big Graphite Designs fan and I really enjoyed it. Flight was similar to the AD-DI for me, and spin was right in that same realm.

I'm a 110-115 SS player and the 6x held up more than fine.

I wished I'd gone 7x instead, but, That's purely because heavier driver shafts are better for me.

Damn good shaft. GD is really under the radar here on THP, in my personal opinion.

Was fit into this with the m3&4 drivers. I like the feel of this and pairs with the m3 spin was on the low side and launch was in the 13-14* range for me. Unlike Jman for me the ad-di spins and launches more...both great shafts. Like Jman I’m a fan of the Graphite designs shafts

Can this shaft get wild and unwieldy if you try to really step on it?

I got my paws on an AD IZ 6S and it’s loaded up in the Rogue Sub Z for tomorrow’s round. I’ll report back

I currently play the GD DI 6 in my driver and GD DJ in my 3 and 5 fairway metals.
When I try graphite shafts no other brand seems to even come close to Graphite Design Tour AD. Previous to the AD I did try GD's lesser priced "nano" shafts and did not find the performance to be nearly as good as the DI; specifically it was only the DI that gave me the great combination of smoothness, stability, and load kick.

I cannot say how good this shaft performed for me today. I don’t ever think I’ve stood on the tee with more confidence. Tour AD IZ 60 stiff with Rogue Sub Zero 10.5 head. Standard settings. The ball just wanted to go straight. This combo produced great med-high trajectory and the profile held up well to aggressive swings and dint even think of becoming unwieldy. Adding this shaft to the stable was one of the best decisions I’ve made.

I cannot say how good this shaft performed for me today. I don’t ever think I’ve stood on the tee with more confidence. Tour AD IZ 60 stiff with Rogue Sub Zero 10.5 head. Standard settings. The ball just wanted to go straight. This combo produced great med-high trajectory and the profile held up well to aggressive swings and dint even think of becoming unwieldy. Adding this shaft to the stable was one of the best decisions I’ve made.

Glad you had a good maiden voyage :)
I think the GD AD series is worth the high price tag; it's just such a fine product.

after only 1 session with this shaft I absolutely love it. I have a fast, aggressive swing and this has been the most smooth feeling shaft I've personally ever tried. I have this in an 8x in my 5w and I'm already looking on eBay for the 3w and driver shaft.

A few swings I really tried to rip it and it held up very well. Mid-High launch but very penetrating.. The ball seemed to fly forever

This shaft is absolutely kickass for me too.

I love the way I never feel like I'm overpowering it but I always get that fun "load & release" feeling. Combined with my swing this shaft seems to return the head to square more often than any other I've used.
Somewhat similar flight to the ADDI 7x for me, but launches a tad lower and has a TON more control IMO.

I love the way I never feel like I'm overpowering it but I always get that fun "load & release" feeling. Combined with my swing this shaft seems to return the head to square more often than any other I've used.
Somewhat similar flight to the ADDI 7x for me, but launches a tad lower and has a TON more control IMO.

Did you get fitted for that shaft? Or did you just happen to hit it one day & stuck with it?

Did you get fitted for that shaft? Or did you just happen to hit it one day & stuck with it?
I was fitted into it at the ECPC in Carlsbad.

#TheGrandaddy

I was fitted into it at the ECPC in Carlsbad.

#TheGrandaddy

I hit this shaft at the PING headquarters at the Budget Championship and Loved it! I've been looking for one but can't find one cheap.

totally agree with the face returning square... everything I hit yesterday went dead straight, very little movement honestly. My miss is a push slice and I did not hit 1 ball right yesterday.

Ive never tried the DI before but I played the AD BB much of last year and thought that was a very quality shaft.. the IZ blows the BB away. Different profiles yes and higher launching, but the feel is incredible

I hit this shaft at the PING headquarters at the Budget Championship and Loved it! I've been looking for one but can't find one cheap.

I pulled the trigger already and just picked up a 3w shaft for $154

I keep eyeing Ebay but most I see are $250 and up

There are a few without adapters. Sometimes its cheaper to buy without an adapter then pay the $15 for the adapter you want. Im lucky the m6's are straight in so I don't need a TM tip

ive even bought clubs off eBay I didn't want but they had the shaft I was looking for. Id put in a shaft I no longer use then resell it. I bought an m3 driver with the ATTAS COOOL for $225, kept the shaft, the resold the m3 for $205... $20 total for a $300 shaft

There are a few without adapters. Sometimes its cheaper to buy without an adapter then pay the $15 for the adapter you want. Im lucky the m6's are straight in so I don't need a TM tip

ive even bought clubs off eBay I didn't want but they had the shaft I was looking for. Id put in a shaft I no longer use then resell it. I bought an m3 driver with the ATTAS COOOL for $225, kept the shaft, the resold the m3 for $205... $20 total for a $300 shaft

I've got plenty of adaptors ready to go. Just have to keep searching I guess. Maybe I'll put out an inquiry on the classifieds

I've got plenty of adaptors ready to go. Just have to keep searching I guess. Maybe I'll put out an inquiry on the classifieds

good luck on the search!

Bought a 8x for a 3w, however decided to demo it in the Mizuno ST190 driver head first. I went straight in @ 45.75 D5 SW. 268cpm playing a standard x flex to a hair soft at this length. Its kicking a draw shot a tad... I could have I tipped it 1/4-1/2inch. So It will go to the 3w most prob and a 7x for the driver next. This shaft sets up best logo up or logo down with S1 or S2 at 9 o clock for stability at impact. The feel is smooth, launch upper mid/high flat penetrating super long with big carry's! Hitting the longest drives yet with this combo and dispersion is great!. Highly recommend this shaft...do get the install and tipping right for you. I can see myself tipping the 7x 1/2-3/4 if I was to guess right now. There are fakes out there...look for the labels & buy from a solid seller
--------------
Just tipped GD-IZ 8x 1/4in 45.5 @ D4 to tone down the kick. CPM only went up 2cpm to 270cpm. Never thought I would be tipping a 8x for my driver!
Usually I get this SW with a 7x shaft, however ST190 is a slightly lighter head, and IZ must be a tad counterbalanced? FWIW Being a high launch shaft err on 'over tipping' especially on the lower weights. I am seeing a lot on the bay, my guess is they are un-tipped noodle setups... buy new!
--------------
The 1/4in tipping is perfect!..bombing past my landing spots into the wind! the shafts unloading power is catapulting the ball and stability is sick! I can swing at full force and stripe it!. Feel is 'very' smooth like Attas. Penetrates like a scud. Distance is insane!... hell of a combo!!! best driver EVER! 10/10!

Last edited:
Back