The 2015 Grandaddy - Chance Of A Lifetime

Head to the hotel and watch your comrades come rolling in!
I didn't know if I could get into the hotel that early or not. I suppose I could hang in the lobby if nothing else. Very much looking forward to those first introductions with the team.

Very much looking forward to dinner, but do have a question about next Sunday. I get in around 10:00am, so what does that first day typically look like?

Get your luggage, find the sign that has your name. Take the 45 minute ride to Carlsbad, check into hotel and do whatever you want to until dinner.
I just relax and get some work done.

Get your luggage, find the sign that has your name. Take the 45 minute ride to Carlsbad, check into hotel and do whatever you want to until dinner.
I just relax and get some work done.

I was thinking of getting a round in at The Crossings. Although with dinner at 6, I doubt there is enough time:alien:

Really excited for you guys! Its gotta be getting even more real now. Can't wait to follow along and and see how Finley has raised the bar yet again.

IT'S THE GRANDADDY!!!

I was thinking of getting a round in at The Crossings. Although with dinner at 6, I doubt there is enough time:alien:

That is Jason Finley's favorite course.

The first year Tyler and I played golf, and a bunch of other guys hit the range across the street. With us not having our clubs, I imagine people will just be hanging out. I will probably get a quick workout in and then just socialize with everyone
Pretty solid sports bar close by if I remember. Good beer offerings. The hotel shuttle is a great thing. Lego land is right over the hill too.

edit: Lego land part was a joke for those wondering.

Precisely.

From there logic would say to bring options. We can then discuss it there if we want to rather than ending up with pages and pages about clothes and coordinating, thats just my opinion though and after Finley posts we will know more anywho.

I'm more focused on that last little bit in JB's last post this morning about the bar being raised and again seeing something never before done...some might have missed that tidbit but it gave me whiplash!

I caught that too. Something never done before and raising the bar yet again. How is it possible to raise the bar. Can't wait to find out.

I am so excited for all of you. Can't wait to watch it all play out next week.

Supposed to be landing in San Diego just before 12 so I'm assuming it will be 130 or 2 when settled at the hotel after luggage and the drive but I would be up for whatever any guys on the squad wanted to do until dinner.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Exited for you guys! I know what you guys are going through as the days get closer!

Hope everyone makes it through this week! I remember this week being the worst!

For all of the **** talk and all of the fun trash banter that has led up to this point, you 11 THPers (and myself and GolferGal) are in for a treat like you could ever imagine. Every hour on the hour, just do yourself a favor and take this little exercise. Just stop and smell the roses. Look around and see where you are, think about why you are there and remember to take it all in.

I posted that other thread asking "These 5 Questions" to show how lucky of a group we are. To show how any golfer in the world would change places with you in a minute. You will have the ability to meet the greatest minds in the industry from the deepest R&D team in the industry. You will have a chance to play golf with the people that make the new age of golf media possible. If you have a question, ask the question. A company is giving you the chance to learn and understand the tools that will make you a better player.

When you are down in Palm Springs, the same applies. Competition is competition, and the twelve people playing against Team THP wants to compete and win, but at the end of the day, there is only one company that this event works with. And it doesnt work because of the courses, the hotel or the dinners. It works because those 12 people care about the game as much as you guys do. It works because they believe in the products they are putting out to be the best in the world and want it in the hands of each of you to share what you learn post event. It works because they understand that no matter what, the game is ****ing fun and through a creative and innovative approach, The Grandaddy works.

It wont always be here (although we kind of hope it is), so enjoy the ride. These next 7 days are going to be LONG...And then the 3 days that follow are going to come and go before you know it. Take it all in, have some fun and learn a ton about the new products and what works best for you and why. Knowledge is power and they are arming you with not just the tools, but the education on why they work.

The Grandaddy is finally here...

Will be on my way back from Vegas.....sounds awesome otherwise!

just land at that tiny airport on top of the hill. I can't imagine you not having that private jet.

Ok, first information drop for this week:

Day 1
First 18 (same partner and opponent)
-Shamble 9 hole match (70% handicap)
-Best Ball 9 hole match (100% handicap)

Third 9
-Pinehurst (50% combined handicap)

Day 2
-18 holes singles (100% handicap)

The 2015 Grandaddy - Chance Of A Lifetime

Truth JB!

Smell the roses fellas!
This will be here and gone before you know it! The memories do remain vivid and will bring smiles to your faces for a lifetime though!

BOMB dropped by Jason!
Awesome!
Do work fellas!

Day 1

Third 9

Day 2

1st drop down! No big surprises, but I like them.

Day 1

Third 9

Day 2

Modified Pinehurst like previous years, or a straight Pinehurst?
Or am I confusing myself and we always played a straight Pinehurst

Day 1

Third 9

Day 2

No big surprises here, but glad to see the formats!

I didn't know if I could get into the hotel that early or not. I suppose I could hang in the lobby if nothing else. Very much looking forward to those first introductions with the team.

I could bring you some In and Out if you're feeling like a burger for lunch.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Modified Pinehurst like previous years, or a straight Pinehurst?
Or am I confusing myself and we always played a straight Pinehurst

Not sure what it is called but same as we have played in the past. Both tee off, switch, true alternate after second shot. Doing it third because it should be (BETTER BE) the quickest format.

Partner changes allowed for the 3rd nine?

Back