Anyone else not a fan of uneven tee boxes?

fufu

Reaction score
Handicap
Played a local track I haven’t played in 4/5 years yesterday. Very nice course but I swear every single tee box was sloped uphill, downhill, crowned or left/right.

Maybe I was over thinking it but I felt like I had to play the lie off the tee box.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Played a local track I haven’t played in 4/5 years yesterday. Very nice course but I swear every single tee box was sloped uphill, downhill, crowned or left/right.

Maybe I was over thinking it but I felt like I had to play the lie off the tee box.

I always play public courses and every course has this issue. I've learned how to adjust my tee height and choke up on the driver to match the tee box.

The worst is when it's a par 3 and the one flat spot is completely dug out with divots.

Sent from my SM-G935R4 using Tapatalk

I’m not a fan either and think they should be flat and well maintained.

Not sure why anyone would be a "fan", but it's just another element of the course to adjust to and learn to manage.

Not a fan. It's actually one of my biggest gripes about most muni courses.

Drives me nuts too, especially on par 3s.

I don't like uneven tees either. Just nasty!

Sent from my LG-H910 using Tapatalk

They are the worst.

Not much worse than an uneven tee box.

Teeing grounds should be flat and level.

I agree it’s the one area on the course I should be guaranteed a nearly perfect lie. I’m fine with taking the other breaks as they come.

I think everyone would prefer a flat tee box, but when I encounter them, I just consider them another challenge. A cousin to this is tee boxes that are aligned askew to the fairway. I've seen many a golfer get caught off guard by this.

Generally speaking, I think uneven tee boxes create a challenge for course superintendents. Players will seek out a few spots on the tee box and play from there until we've beaten them to death. Unless the tee boxes are massive there aren't enough spots to locate the tee boxes and allow these select spots to recover. I've actually known of a couple of courses that leveled out their tee boxes, not for the players, but for the grounds crew.

I agree it’s the one area on the course I should be guaranteed a nearly perfect lie. I’m fine with taking the other breaks as they come.

Not much more perfect a lie than on a tee, right?

Teeing grounds should be flat and level.

You say that until it rains and then the water pools on the tee because it's not sloped enough to allow runoff.

Poorly leveled tee boxes is enough to keep me from playing a course. I hate that.

Most of my home course tee boxes (14 of them) are sloped backwards just slightly. It's absolutely frustrating and I've yet to figure out how to play that uphill type of drive consistently. I often have my weight on my back leg with my drives.

Definitely not a fan and find it difficult to get off a proper tee shot from them

Count me in as not a fan. Today I played a course with great tee boxes, Granite Links in Quincy MA. Unfortunately most courses seem to neglect proper construction of the tee boxes.

Not a fan---but honestly never thought there was a course out there with perfectly level tee boxes.

Haven't been playing all that long and every course I've played has some degree of unevenness to the tee boxes. These courses are both public and private.

What I hate even more are the ones squared to a different plane than the fairway.

That really throws me off for some inexplicable reason.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

I absolutely hate uneven tee boxes.

Yeah it sucks to have to find a flat spot to tee off. My home course has a couple of boxes like that.

Uneven tee boxes are uncalled for and present an unnecessary challenge to this already difficult game.

Who would be a fan? Unfortunately it's just the nature of the beast on most every day courses.

I hate a tee box that is 50 feet wide, but the tee markers are 10 feet apart.

One of my pet peeves

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

Back