Brooks Koepka U.S. Open Winner - WITB

emart2173

#journey2017
Reaction score
Handicap
Successfully defended his 2017 U.S. Open and made a great recovery from surgery that kept him out the first several months on the year including The Masters

Driver: TaylorMade M4 9.5* Mitsubishi Diamana D+ 70TX
3wood: TaylorMade M2 Tour HL 16.5* Mitsubishi Diamana D+ 80TX
Driving iron: Nike vapor Fly Pro 3i Fujikura Pro 95 Tour Spec X
Irons: Mizuno JPX 900 Tour 4-P True Temper DG Tour Issue X100
Wedges: Vokey SM7 52-12F, 56-10S, 60-08M True Temper Tour Issue S400
Putter: Scotty Cameron Tour Only T10 Select Newport 2
Ball: Titleist Prov1x

I like that bag, a nice mix of everything. He plays it all well.

I play the same ball and wedges as the US Open Champion! lol

Does this guy not have an equipment contact? How do you win 2 US Opens and play Taylormade woods and Titleist wedges and ball?

Brooks Koepka U.S. Open Winner - WITB

This is a thing of beauty. Nice call @Jman on identifying it as the button back.

Does this guy not have an equipment contact? How do you win 2 US Opens and play Taylormade woods and Titleist wedges and ball?
Like Patrick Reed, he just plays what he likes (I'm guessing).

Like Patrick Reed, he just plays what he likes (I'm guessing).

Might be the only thing he has in common with Patrick Reed. From what I can tell, BK seems like a standup guy.

When Nike stopped making golf clubs, he went on his own without an equipment contract. Seems to be working out well for him.

This is a thing of beauty. Nice call @Jman on identifying it as the button back.

I knows my putters.
When Nike stopped making golf clubs, he went on his own without an equipment contract. Seems to be working out well for him.
And Mizzy literally designed these irons for him before he went Nike, read a really good story on it this week on another site.

I knows my putters. And Mizzy literally designed these irons for him before he went Nike, read a really good story on it this week on another site.

So Mizzuno designed them and he had to sit on them because he went with NIke?

So Mizzuno designed them and he had to sit on them because he went with NIke?
Yessir. They planned on pressing for him, but, he signed with Nike before they could.

Now he plays them for free (no $ from Mizuno).

Cool story, was a lot of fun to learn about.

Now there is a diverse bag. I'll admit I counted him out early in the week. It's great to see him come back and win.

Yessir. They planned on pressing for him, but, he signed with Nike before they could.

Now he plays them for free (no $ from Mizuno).

Cool story, was a lot of fun to learn about.

This makes me happy for Mizuno. Thanks for sharing the details on that.

I know almost nothing about equipment contracts for those guys, but I've always wondered why more tour pros don't play Mizuno clubs. I love their irons.

New Taylormade drivers winning weekly it seems

Love the irons he uses. Nice defend

Sent from my H3123 using Tapatalk

Great win for BK and I think his bag is awesome! Will be interesting to see if he can pull off a couple more wins this year.

Don't know why I like the look of the Nike Vapor-Fly but I do. The swoosh is in the perfect spot haha.

I have to say that I thought it was a bit of a fluke when he won last year. The course played much easier at Erin hills last year and I put too much weight on the difficulty of the course and not enough on the Brooks' skills. This year he proved me way wrong and he accomplished a great milestone at a tough course.

I think my favorite part is that he still uses the Nike staff bag.

I find it somewhat ironic that the two major winners so far this year, are playing mixed bags with clubs that work for them with no equipment contracts. Just playing what works...

I find it somewhat ironic that the two major winners so far this year, are playing mixed bags with clubs that work for them with no equipment contracts. Just playing what works...
It is a pretty cool storyline so far. It's probably just a coincidence but it makes you wonder how much (if any) performance Tour Players give up when they commit to one brand.

Back