Skytrak golf site now up, $$$ ?????

JB - Did SkyTrak ever send you guys a unit to review?

Canadan's unit is from Skytrak. He has provided feedback and uses it in his reviews.
Each THP staff writer has a different launch monitor for their reviews with each type of tracking.

Canadan's unit is from Skytrak. He has provided feedback and uses it in his reviews.
Each THP staff writer has a different launch monitor for their reviews with each type of tracking.

Ahh gotcha. Didn't see an official review page on the THP home page so I wasn't sure.

About to finally pull the trigger...will probably end up picking one up before the 30th to get the $200 off deal.

I just got my net return and turf shipped to me today. Setup the net return and started banging balls on my setup.

I love this thing!!! I didn't have any of the distance discrepancy some others were seeing. My numbers seemed to match my distances measured with my gps.

The only bad thing was that my foot started to hurt again after going easy on it for a week.

Looks like my foot still needs more time to heal

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I just got my net return and turf shipped to me today. Setup the net return and started banging balls on my setup.

I love this thing!!! I didn't have any of the distance discrepancy some others were seeing. My numbers seemed to match my distances measured with my gps.

The only bad thing was that my foot started to hurt again after going easy on it for a week.

Looks like my foot still needs more time to heal

Great to hear you don't see any distance discrepancies. How do you feel about shot shape? Did you get the protective case as well?

I just placed an order for the monitor - wgt play and case package ($200 off). Excited for it to come. I wonder when the case will really ship though. Will definitely post some feedback once i receive it and get to test it out at home and at the range.

Only other thing I haven't decided on is whether I should purchase the extended warranty. Anyone have feedback on that?

I am in the same boat. Bought the same package as you . Did not buy the ext warranty . Hopefully the case does its job when needed. Mine should arrived on Tuesday ..

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Great to hear you don't see any distance discrepancies. How do you feel about shot shape? Did you get the protective case as well?

I just placed an order for the monitor - wgt play and case package ($200 off). Excited for it to come. I wonder when the case will really ship though. Will definitely post some feedback once i receive it and get to test it out at home and at the range.

Only other thing I haven't decided on is whether I should purchase the extended warranty. Anyone have feedback on that?

Shot shape seems good.
I did notice that my driver shots are lower than usual, but I think its because I'm not hitting them square in the face. I can feel that I'm not getting good contact with my driver.
Also noticed the ST was having problems registering short chips (<15 yards)

Shot shape seems good.
I did notice that my driver shots are lower than usual, but I think its because I'm not hitting them square in the face. I can feel that I'm not getting good contact with my driver.
Also noticed the ST was having problems registering short chips (<15 yards)

Do you have the ST on the same level as the ball? Please post pics of your setup..

Canadan;4132678. Second said:
This isn't entirely necessary. People have taken apart the skytrak and found an accelerometer that helps with leveling correction. While you do need to keep the bottom of the unit at the same level as the ground, the unit itself does not have to be dead centered level.

I was having some accuracy problems but it was because my skytrak unit was lower than my mat. Once I got that taken care of the numbers have been very accurate. I no longer take the time to get it dead centered level and have not noticed any issues, which lends credence to other people's findings on this.

This isn't entirely necessary. People have taken apart the skytrak and found an accelerometer that helps with leveling correction. While you do need to keep the bottom of the unit at the same level as the ground, the unit itself does not have to be dead centered level.

I was having some accuracy problems but it was because my skytrak unit was lower than my mat. Once I got that taken care of the numbers have been very accurate. I no longer take the time to get it dead centered level and have not noticed any issues, which lends credence to other people's findings on this.

That is a better way to word it. That is what I meant by on the same level..

Ok.. Received the ST today. Couple of things.. There are a couple of pieces of protective film over the left and right sides on the lenses. I barely noticed them. Did not see anything in paper manual. About removing them. Not saying it is not in there. I am saying I didn't see it. . Running the SkyTrak app along with WGT App did not work for me. Just ran WGT solo. Thanks be to Rob for the technical support. I will report more tomorrow.. Did not receive the protective case so hopefully it comes soon.

Ok.. Received the ST today. Couple of things.. There are a couple of pieces of protective film over the left and right sides on the lenses. I barely noticed them. Did not see anything in paper manual. About removing them. Not saying it is not in there. I am saying I didn't see it. . Running the SkyTrak app along with WGT App did not work for me. Just ran WGT solo. Thanks be to Rob for the technical support. I will report more tomorrow.. Did not receive the protective case so hopefully it comes soon.

If you need a beta tester, let me know :callme:

If you need a beta tester, let me know :callme:

You know it..thanks for the help today..

My skytrak actually arrived today and I went straight to the range to do a quick test. It was foggy out so it was hard to see where some of my shots landed. But from the ones I did see, carry distance seemed spot on. For the ones I couldn't see distances correlated with what I normally see on the course. Direction and flight path seemed to correlate too. Didn't notice an really exaggerated curvatures. Time/testing was limited and I had 1 or 2 that seemed off, but considering I was hitting dirty crappy range balls I was pretty happy. Will do some more thorough testing at the range on Friday.

Last edited:
My skytrak actually arrived today and I went straight to the range to do a quick test. It was foggy out so it was hard to see where some of my shots landed. But from the ones I did see, carry distance seemed spot on. For the ones I couldn't see distances correlated with what I normally see on the course. Direction and flight path seemed to correlate too. Didn't notice an really exaggerated curvatures. Time/testing was limited and I had 1 or 2 that seemed off, but considering I was hitting dirty crappy range balls I was pretty happy. Will do some more thorough testing at the range on Friday.

I may try it outside if I can get to a heated range this weekend. Thanks for chiming in.

Noticed something odd about my Skytrak that I just received today. When I view the stats screen without logging in with my user name....it shows 35 sessions and 154.5 hrs across all three categories: practices, challenges and overall. Anyone else notice that their stats without logging....show a high amount of sessions/hrs?

Noticed something odd about my Skytrak that I just received today. When I view the stats screen without logging in with my user name....it shows 35 sessions and 154.5 hrs across all three categories: practices, challenges and overall. Anyone else notice that their stats without logging....show a high amount of sessions/hrs?

Did you buy a demo unit?

Did you buy a demo unit?

No...Brand new. I called Skytrak and was told it's a bug in the software, that will be fixed in an update coming out soon. Being a little skeptical I was just wondering what everyone else sees on their units.

Just played WGT last night with my ST.
I was wondering if it was really as bad as some people were complaining about....and it's pretty bad. lol
Oh well, it is what it is until a real sim software is released.

This was my reaction:

Ball's in the fairway...take my swing....ball starts flying from the other side of the screen.
"What? my ball was over there?" LOL

Tried to play Wolf Creek too since I played it last Feb IRL and was very disappointed that it's not the real full course!

Just played WGT last night with my ST.
I was wondering if it was really as bad as some people were complaining about....and it's pretty bad. lol
Oh well, it is what it is until a real sim software is released.

This was my reaction:

Ball's in the fairway...take my swing....ball starts flying from the other side of the screen.
"What? my ball was over there?" LOL

Tried to play Wolf Creek too since I played it last Feb IRL and was very disappointed that it's not the real full course!

does that happen often with the ball flying from the other part of the screen? There is a new update to wgt. Was this the updated app you were playing?

does that happen often with the ball flying from the other part of the screen? There is a new update to wgt. Was this the updated app you were playing?

I think it's the general design for WGT. Happens every shot. They don't put the ball in a first person view. The view that you are looking at down the fairway isn't where your ball is.
I need to figure out how it actually works and accomodate for it

I think rbarthle is very familiar with WGT and understand the weird camera angles

I got an email yesterday (?) that said they are now integrated with Windows. That's good new for some of us who don't own any Apple products.

I think it's the general design for WGT. Happens every shot. They don't put the ball in a first person view. The view that you are looking at down the fairway isn't where your ball is.
I need to figure out how it actually works and accomodate for it

I think rbarthle is very familiar with WGT and understand the weird camera angles

i get what you're saying. watched the par2pro video again. view you're looking at is not where the ball actually is. Ball is offset...and basically not really first person view from ball. I think I remember someone saying to not even look at the screen....just focus on hitting a straight shot into net than look at the screen. Now I realize what people Complain about for simulation play. I think it mostly affects those with a projector screen/net setup though. But for those with just nets....it's not as big an issue.

I spent hours on the ST Driving Range with the Driver. I have improved my launch conditions quite a bit . I am curious how it calculates SS. I am getting an understanding for what impact feel ---> ball flight Is..

Back