Your top 10 shots of your golf career

I've never had a hole in one, YET, so when that day finally comes....that will be #1.

BUT....to place the rest in a Top 10 would be difficult. I've been blessed with a lot of good golf shots in my life.

Most recently....my favorite shot would be my drive off of #1 of The Clive course last year....aka...my first shot in the Grandaddy. I nailed my driver right down the left center of the fairway about 285.

Outside of that, I've had a lot of memorable Eagles and birdies.

Not sure I have 10, haven't been playing long enough or good enough to get that many. A few memories that stand out though are:

1. Drive at the UST Event March 2015 at the Cowboys Club, #4, 336 yards from our tees on an elevated box. I drove the green with my new driver in front of Danny Lee of UST and others. It rolled off the front, I chipped on, and 2 putted for par (what a waste of a drive).
2. After hooking a ball on a par 5 into the water running the entire length of the hole I decided to try my 3 wood from roughly 235. I stuck the green and saved par with the penalty.
3. After hooking a ball on a par 4 against a fence and taking 2 strokes to get the ball off the fence I hit my 3 wood 246 pin high but in the left green side rough. Chipped on and 2 putted for a 7.
4. After hitting a pushed drive right on a par 4 and being stuck under trees, I hit a low punch with my 3 iron that landed short but rolled up onto the green. 2 putted for par.
5. I hit a decent drive on a par 4, then a fat PW that left me a little short. Hit a low chip that rolled into the hole for birdie. I've only had a handful of birdies during my short golfing career.

I'm sure there are a few others that were exceptional for me and my abilities, but that's all I can really pull together for now.

I don't know about 10, and these aren't in order, but the ones I can remember:

-2012: Hole 9, par 4 at Glenmoor GC in West Jordan, UT. After a mediocre drive I had 6 iron into the elevated green and hit it great, but lost it in the air. Went up to the green and couldn't find my ball...it had dropped for eagle!
-2013: Hole 13, par 5 at The Ranches GC in Eagle Mountain, UT. Had about 65 yards left into the green from the right rough over a trap. Hit a 3/4 65* wedge that hit on the left side of the green, spun back and followed the slope right into the hole for an eagle!
-Sep 2015: Hole 16, par 5 ("The Works") at The Home Course in DuPont, WA. After a solid drive, had about 210 left to the green and nutted a 3 hybrid right at the flag - ended up settling about 8-10 feet past the flag, which set up my only eagle this year.
-Aug 2015: Hole 15, par 4 at Torrey Pines South Course, La Jolla, CA. Chunked my approach and had about 30 yards to the flag, all on the ground. Hit a low running chip with a GW that hit the flag and dropped for birdie.

All I can think of right now, but there are more. I may edit as I think of more.

#1 for me has to be back when I was 15, 3rd shot on a par 5 from 150 out holed it for eagle.

#2 would be last year on a par 5 second shot 6 iron where I put it within inches for a tap in eagle.

I've had a handful of close calls to hole in one where I have just missed or hit the pin, and a lot of good golf shots, but not enough that are all that memorable.

In no particular order:
1) First year playing golf I hit a stray ball behind a maintenance hut. Flopped it over back on to the fairway.
2) Also my first year, my first GIR, settled for a bogey:beat-up:
3) 339yd drive at Dyker Beach earlier this year
4) Chipped in for bogey that saved a blow up hole. I was in the woods and I kept chunking my drop down shots.
5) Topped my drive, took the 4W and stroked one dead straight, but too straight. Went into the trees *POP* hit a branch and the ball bounced back on to the fairway
6) 15y flopper to get on the green in thick rough over a sand trap.
7) My longest putt to date, 27 feet.
8) Nearly getting my first eagle. Perfectly struck pitch shot, hit the pin at the base and rolled off.
9) Drove the green on the 9th (or 8th, I forget which) hole on the green course at Bethpage
10) Over drove the green on a par four during a warm up round in OH before the Stonewall Invitational.

I can only come up with 6 that really stick in my head.

The 6 iron I hit on a par 5 last week while playing with THPers that left me with a 8-10' eagle putt (missed it).
Holed a bunker shot for birdie in my first NYSGA tournament at Turning Stone (Shenandoah).
I've flown in 2 shots for eagle one with a 7 iron and one with a 9 iron.
Curled a punched 5 iron around and through trees right up to the fringe.
I made a put that had to be almost 100 feet years ago.

#1 - HOI at #8 Paiute Snow Mtn course, playing with three fantastic, old and new friends, April 2014
#2 - HOI on #4 at Cobbs Creek (PA) with the husband of a good friend of mine.
#3 - Playing in a Ryder Cup style match at Southern Dunes, 210 yd 4i to 6 ft, rolled in the eagle.
#4 - Dunked a 30 yd chip shot on Snow Mtn Paiute #14 for birdie, the day after I hit a HOI, in front of 4 other guys (one of whom saw the HOI the day prior).
#5 - Chip in on #12 Boulders South course for eagle
#6 - Drive on Desert Forest #7, Par 5 530, left me 177 yds to the green.
#7 - Drive on #5 at Stonebridge GC (LA) which broke a window on a house being constructed on the right side of the fairway. The worker was about 10 feet, lost his $hit at me (with good reason).
#8 - Par 3, #3 Stonebridge GC (LA) third shot, chip in for par after putting tee shot in the water.
#9 - Drained a 40+ foot, triple breaker putt for birdie at DF #17.
#10 - Troon North Pinnacle, Par 3, #6 - downwind, downhill, to 4" for birdie.

But the next shot could always move onto the list!!

I came up with 5 quickly.

5. Driving the Green, #7 270 yards at Cypress Ridge, Making the 15 ft eagle putt.
4. Destroying the cup and making the tap in birdie, #16 at Santa Barbara Country Club 160 yard 7i, to secure my match in Team Play
3. Chipping in on #18 at Monarch Dunes in front of 12 other THPers so defeat TheHeez in the inaugural SoCal vs NorCal
2. Birdie at The King, #9 at La Costa, drained a 25 footer to crush Finley's spirits.
1. Ace, #16 at Rancho San Marcos, 199 yard 4i playing with my Dad.

It would take me awhile to think of 10 specifically...

However right now 3 come to mind:

1. My first birdie - was playing with my Dad for about a year at this point on a 9-hole executive course - was a short Par 4 and I absolutely crushed my steel-shaft Taylormade Burner driver (The olddd one) - land just short of the green - I putt from just off the green to very close for a tap-in Birdie - I have the ball to this day - a Dunlop Double-Ti

2. A birdie while playing in Ireland a few years ago- was fighting a stomach pain from a meal the day before - so wasn't my best round - my approach lands short of the green and I have a long, double breaking putt for Birdie - I take out the putter and was able to sink it for Birdie

3. My Albatross in 2013 - was on a Par 5 about 550 yards - I have my hybrid in my hand in the right rough and I aimed for the left side of the green so that way I can cut it back in and land short - came off just beautifully and see it land on the green - didn't know till after the first person putts out while I am still looking for my ball that it is in the hole!

Pecan Valley Hills Course. Not sure what hole, but was sitting about 160 out on a severe down hill/side hill lie with a wall of trees between me & the green. Choked down & hooded a 4H, aimed way right & hit a massive hook around the trees & onto the green.

Same round. Only 60 out, but right up against a wall of trees again. Took a 56* over the trees to the other side uof the green & backed it up to about 10ft.

Stonebridge Meadows in Fayetteville, AR. 7th Hole - dunked a 4h from 180 for eagle.

Same hole, same result about 2 months later. This time from 160 w/ a 6i.

True Blue at the Legacy this year. Sitting in the huge green side bunker in front of #9. Hit the best long sand shot of my life to 4' of the top tier pin. Made the put.

High School County trny circa 1990.....

150 yard par 3 up hill...hit a 7 iron to 2 feet for birdie

Hit a horrible 2nd on a par 4 long and left over the green...hit a blind wedge from bout 30 yards to 5 feet saved par...

Another par 3 drained about a 20 footer for birdie...

I shot a 78 to make all county...the end lol

Hard to compile a list but one of the most memorable had to be years ago on a local muni course. The course was backed up and there was a lively foursome of older gentlemen drinking and carrying on right beside the green while they waited to tee off. After barely hitting the green, I proceeded to hole out about an 80 foot putt that broke about 3 different times.

Those guys went crazy when it dropped and ran on the green high-fiving me and handing me a beer. That was a memorable shot.

I've never had a HIO, but I have hit the pin countless times, taken chunks out of the lip of the hole etc. I have also never had a double eagle, but I have been within inches of one several times over the years.

I've had many eagles but the best ones are the ones where eagle is not even on your mind.

Your top 10 shots of your golf career

Ok I'll try.
1. My only hole in one. I thinned a seven iron that would have gone over the green had it not hit the pin a fallen in.

2. On a short par four (a little over 300 yards) where my buddies and I commonly went for it, I crushed one that disturbed a player who was chipping on from in front of the green. That was with a steel shafted wooden driver. I doubt I've ever topped that distance.

3. On the same hole as #2 above, I was playing with my young son and another a adult. We wear scrambling as I always like to do with inexperienced players (young or old). Both men topped their drives into the pond fronting the tee. My son managed to just carry the pond, so our second shot was a long one. I hit the purest 2 iron ever to birdie range, and I remember turning to my partner and saying " you're welcome to this 2iron because I'll never hit it that well again." And I never have.

4. The four footer I made to break 80 for the first time.

5. The first time I reached a par five in two. I three putted for par.

6. Playing in a scramble tourney where I had contributed little, I chipped in for eagle on the last hole to give us the victory.

7. I had a really tough lie in a bunker and I remember looking at it and perfectly visualizing the shot and executing it with total confidence for a birdie. Must be what it feels like to be a pro.

8. Having a sand wedge to a par 5, I hit really high shot that seemed to ride the flagstick from top to bottom and stayed in the hole.

9. Executed a perfect soft landing flop shot from a hard pan lie to a severely sloping elevated green in a money game.

10. The time I realized I was leading the first flight of my club championship and proceeded to chili dip a chip on one hole and shank a seven iron out of bounds on the next. I managed to finish second.

Last edited:
Can't come up with 10, but have a few that stick out in no particular order.

1. First drive of 2014 #THPMC. The pressure was real and everything everyone said it would be. Left center of the fairway. Hell yes!

2. Holing out a 7 iron from the fairway on a par 5 with some guys from the office after work one night. Some pics around here somewhere.

3. Missed winning a Chrysler LHS for a HIO by one inch. Got the elusive Chrysler Golf Umbrella for closest to pin. For those wondering, the LHS was a nice ride back in the day, but it was a few days ago :alien:

JM

I must be brain dead, well I know I am.....I'm drawing blanks.....weak sauce

1. HIO in my last college tournament on my last hole. 9 iron form 180 down hill two hopes in the cup
2. Back to back eagle on 16 and 17 at black bear reserve in 2002. Chipped in on 16 and holed out on 17
3. 12' right to left putt on the Doral's blue monster to shoot 63
4. 7i from left trees to right front pin with THPrs made the birdie
5. 110 yard hole out at Kingsmill to win a match and the metal by one shot
6. Opening tee shot in my first Morgan cup, I hit a pea down the left side while holding back some serious emotions
7. 30 yd cut bunker shot that found the hole for birdie
8. A 5w from 180 my first year playing to 3' on a par 3 for my first birdie
9. A 3w the next day to a par 4 for my first par.
10. 6 iron from 220 on wolf creeks open hole to 6 feet for eagle. The first of three on the day to shoot 65 with my pops.

Only one that matters to me...

My first eagle on Gambler Ridge GC- New Jersey #9/381 yds. Driver then 8i one bounce and into the hole. I still have the ball.

3 iron for Albatross on 14th Hole ar Racebrook CC in Orange,Ct. It was the first hole we played in a shotgun. Last time I played Racebrook with my dad before he died. I was 3 under after one.
We finished on the 13th hole, and decidedto play 14 in, as it ends by the clubhouse. I hit 2 iron to 6 inches for a tap in eagle. Really miss playing with my father. He taught me a lot.

10. 118 yd tee shot to 2 ft left of the hole. PW - 14th hole, Lake Spanaway Golf Course. 2015
9. 160 yd tee shot to 4 ft left of the hole. 7 iron - 8th hole, High Cedars Golf Club 2014
8. 25 ft putt, fairly straight, for birdie. - first hole Mohawk Golf Club, 1970.
7. 12 ft putt, fairly straight, for birdie. - 8th hole Lake Spanaway Golf Club 2015
6. 244 yd tee shot to a 251 yd par 4 landing on the front of the green, 4th hole Allenmore Golf Course 2015
5. 205 yd 5W approach to the 10th hole 12 ft from the hole. - High Cedars Golf Club 2014
4. 150 yd 7 iron scramble approach to the 13th hole strong knockdown, pop and stop 5 ft from the hole. - Lake Spanaway Golf Course. 2014.
3. 145 yd 8 iron strong hooking knockdown around a tree that landed on the green 18 ft above the hole. - 10th hole Lake Spanaway Golf Course 2015.
2. 18 ft strong breaking downhill putt for eagle. 10th Hole Lake Spanaway Golf Course 2015.
1. 20 yd flop shot over a bunker to short sided pin that rolled into the hole to save par. - 9th hole, High Cedars Golf Club

I have a handful, I dunno about 10, mostly from the Morgan Cup. Two shots are from the same hole in the same round (#9 at True Blue). I have a hole-out from 100 yards out for eagle at Ft. Jackson's Old Hickory course, and a 5 iron to about 15' from 195 at Oak Creek in Sedona. Definitely some good shots I've got in my memory bank and I just need to remember from time to time when the game gets frustrating.

In no particular order.

Hole In 1 at Eagles Island hole
Hole In 1 at Westchase #3
Morgan Cup Final Shot on 18 to 4 inches
Pine Straw shot from 156 in for eagle
Flop Shot out of mud, over bunker to tucked pin to 1 inch
Approach from 170 at Grand Cypress that shattered the cup and bounced out to 2 feet.
Eagle after hitting a terrible drive, hybrid from 205 in the hole
Putt on 18 in a match w/ industry friend from 95 feet went in center of the cup to win
Hole out from fairway from 85 yards to save par and close out a match
Any tee shot hit in the fairway in our foursome w/ MikeDean441, Mward and ddec. Impossible to concentrate.

Im currently working on a "not so top 10" list, so many choices

Back